Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2019 6:16:48 PM EDT
Just picked up a nice C1

Others I have seen online had the USA address and the Beeman maker info

This only has the Beeman name on the rubber recoil pad.
the barrel is marked Webley & Scot, Birmingham
Barrel marked .22
Serial no in the 670,000 range
Has open sights fitted to it

Initial thought was it was a re-stocked Webley, but the lack of Webley model name on the upper rear of the receiver make me think it may be a genuine Beeman.

Not much knowledge about the model here in the UKs, so any input would be very welcome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What little I know about Dr. Beeman was that he imported and had his name put on finely made guns from England and Europe.  Given the brief description, you likely have one of those guns.  The question that I have is: does it have the San Rafael address?  Edit:  I did not read the OP closely enough.

Also, there are now some guns being sold with the Beeman name, but Dr. Beeman is rolling in his grave about the lack of quality.  He was a man who appreciated the fine craftsmanship of the guns he had his name put on, and wanted more Americans to experience what those across the pond took for granted.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What little I know about Dr. Beeman was that he imported and had his name put on finely made guns from England and Europe.  Given the brief description, you likely have one of those guns.  The question that I have is: does it have the San Rafael address?  Edit:  I did not read the OP closely enough.

Also, there are now some guns being sold with the Beeman name, but Dr. Beeman is rolling in his grave about the lack of quality.  He was a man who appreciated the fine craftsmanship of the guns he had his name put on, and wanted more Americans to experience what those across the pond took for granted.
View Quote
Thanks
I was aware of the European connection - but have not found a copy of the book Beeman wrote yet - or the book on the other Beeman item of the same time period that I am also looking out for, the R1 (made by Weihrauch & sold by them in Europe in a different stock as the HW80)
Agree too that the current product range is a shadow of the former products, a pity, but very common when the person that started the company with one vision is not there anymore & the replacements are all looking at the profit margins instead
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Beeman marked C1 .177, I will take a look at the markings, i think the C1 was based on the Webley and Scott Vulcan. I remember thinking it be a neat rifle when I use to droll over the Beeman Catalogs, ended up buying a R10 in 1982-3. the C1 came to me as a seized evidence gun of all things.

its almost impossible for me to look thru the iron sights with the goofy stock it has on it, I really need to lay my head down and way back on the stock....or put a scope on it.

a few years ago I picked up a pair of FWB 124, one with the nice fancy stock, other plain jane with no buttpad, both needed to be re-sealed, I bought some stuff and did it myself, they are by far my favorite air guns, I really wanted one when I was a kid, I had shot my neighbors and loved it. But the R10 was the hot new magnum air rifle and in .20, still love that gun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks

I'll get photos of mine added as busy packing kit for an overnight stay tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top