BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking forward to the pics..In my humble opinion as a civi you have a decent setup...Unless you are going to be jumping out of a helicopter into hostile territory for a two to three week recon mission. That would require a different load out
View Quote

@Yoteslayer69, thank you. I feel it's the right setup as a civi. I received input from MIL/LEO personnel that I know through Facebook. Once I have all items, I'll start playing around with number of pouches, locations, etc...
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@Yoteslayer69, thank you. I feel it's the right setup as a civi. I received input from MIL/LEO personnel that I know through Facebook. Once I have all items, I'll start playing around with number of pouches, locations, etc...
View Quote

I to have leaned on my LEO and MIL friends. A few who actually were SF in Vietnam. Some who have seen combat more recently for how to set up my belt. Strange that we both have come up with similar set ups.  Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#3]
This has been the most cringeworthy thread in awhile I love it. OP you are fine, I run 3 pistol mags on my belt and two on the vest but that’s because I don’t usually use a rifle so the pistol is all I have. The only thing I’d recommend is changing up your holster. I’m certain Safariland makes an ALS 6300series that will work for you and not be a Blackhawk whatever. Stick to the idea of making holes/plugging holes. Ie ammo/gun/knife and medkit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This has been the most cringeworthy thread in awhile I love it. OP you are fine, I run 3 pistol mags on my belt and two on the vest but that’s because I don’t usually use a rifle so the pistol is all I have. The only thing I’d recommend is changing up your holster. I’m certain Safariland makes an ALS 6300series that will work for you and not be a Blackhawk whatever. Stick to the idea of making holes/plugging holes. Ie ammo/gun/knife and medkit.
View Quote

I looked at Safariland, they don't have, (at least for now), a left handed light bearing version. I have found a few other manufacturers, (Odin & OTG Hex),  that make what I am looking for.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
@ Campy6169

OP, respectfully, you've got way too much shit on that style of belt. It's gonna be overloaded and uncomfortable. You've never walked a couple of miles with that much shit on a 1.75" belt around your waist and if you ever do try it, you won't do it again. Get a proper battle belt for that amount of gear and ditch the trifecta of pistol mags and utilize that space for rifle mags.

I do not know your reasoning behind caring 3 secondary weapon magazines and only 1 primary weapon magazine, but your mission (or anticipated mission) should drive your setup and load up and you should have multiple setups/loadouts for each scenario. For instance, I have a minimalist set up, a full-on battle belt set up WITH suspenders, and back when I carried this shit for a living in bad places in the world, I had a universal set up that has a simple SOE loop holster that will fit any handgun and universal magazine pouch that went with me everywhere.

I am not sure if I am making sense, but take it for what you will.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I looked at Safariland, they don't have, (at least for now), a left handed light bearing version. I have found a few other manufacturers, (Odin & OTG Hex),  that make what I am looking for.
View Quote

One more last thing. If you didn't actually call Safariland and ask them, I seriously doubt you got the correct information on their jacked up website. According to that trashy thing, they don't make an ALS light-bearing holster for a G19, if that tells you anything....

Call them, and I bet they can hook you up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@ Campy6169

OP, respectfully, you've got way too much shit on that style of belt. It's gonna be overloaded and uncomfortable. You've never walked a couple of miles with that much shit on a 1.75" belt around your waist and if you ever do try it, you won't do it again. Get a proper battle belt for that amount of gear and ditch the trifecta of pistol mags and utilize that space for rifle mags.

I do not know your reasoning behind caring 3 secondary weapon magazines and only 1 primary weapon magazine, but your mission (or anticipated mission) should drive your setup and load up and you should have multiple setups/loadouts for each scenario. For instance, I have a minimalist set up, a full-on battle belt set up WITH suspenders, and back when I carried this shit for a living in bad places in the world, I had a universal set up that has a simple SOE loop holster that will fit any handgun and universal magazine pouch that went with me everywhere.

I am not sure if I am making sense, but take it for what you will.
View Quote

I plan on trying a few different setups. I purchased what I did so I have it now instead of having to order later. I have my PC that I can put additional items on since at the moment it just has three rifle mags on it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One more last thing. If you didn't actually call Safariland and ask them, I seriously doubt you got the correct information on their jacked up website. According to that trashy thing, they don't make an ALS light-bearing holster for a G19, if that tells you anything....

Call them, and I bet they can hook you up.
View Quote

I'll give them a call a see what they say.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder how many enlisted infantry in the military RIGHT NOW (not 50 years ago) are issued sidearms in addition to their M4 vs say night vision.  I'm referring to rank-and-file infantry not Ranger and up, because the average enlisted infantryman is a lot closer to the average person on ARFCOM in terms of training, physical fitness, etc.

Since deadlined primary transitions are a big deal and all ... you'd think those people who actually engage in combat for a living would be issued a handgun and rifle.

I do understand your point.  I carry a handgun everyday and have done so for the past 28 years.  This is because they're convenient and it is not socially (or practically) acceptable to haul a M4 everywhere.  However, if I KNOW I'm going into a fight .. this is a Battle Belt thread .. not a CCW or LEO thread .. I'm taking a rifle with as much ammo as I can carry.  If I'm not physically capable of carrying AT LEAST 6 AR mags in addition to a handgun I'm foregoing the handgun because unless you're a CF with a POS your M4 is going to make it through a whopping 210 rounds without deadlining.  Again, civilians aren't taking IED blasts or dropping their gear out of helicopters.

If I was door-kicking SWAT cop then you'd better believe I'd have a sidearm.  However, the only door kicking I'm likely to experience is someone conducting a home invasion.  In this case I'm confronting the threat with a Benelli M2 or M4.  

If I have to leave my house in some random BS Mad Max scenario ... I"m more interested in spending my carried weight on food for me and my rifle.

But I'm just some internet dumbass.

View Quote

I have gone knowingly into fights with just 4 mags...  but I brought my pistol.     so...  your positions aren't correct for everyone
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#10]
OP's loadout looks good and it depends on what he's going to use it for.  It would take care of 99% of civilian encounters to include robberies, riot, home invasions, gang warfare, etc.  It's a good light training setup.  He would be underprepared for John Wick style hits, foreign invasion, and the zombie apocalypse.

Having a handgun and mags is a necessity in the event your rifle goes down and you have no one to back you up.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Am I too late for the Vietnam loadout party?

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/XcBSP7f.jpg
View Quote

Walkin' epitome of "If you die first, we are splitting up your gear". I LIKE that bottom setup, but I'd imagine it's pretty heavy when loaded out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/XcBSP7f.jpg
View Quote

Vietnam style rig or M27 setup for the automatic rifleman?

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Walkin' epitome of "If you die first, we are splitting up your gear". I LIKE that bottom setup, but I'd imagine it's pretty heavy when loaded out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's not too bad really.  Granted, I only have 8 mags in it right now.  The rear mag pouches on each side have med gear in them so I could add 4 more mags for a total of 12.

Carrying that many mags on a chest rig or body armor SUCKS.  I had 9 plus IFAK, bayonet, NODs, grenades, etc on my IBA when we first arrived in AFG in 06.  Very quickly realized that was a terrible idea .  All the weight is pretty well distributed down on my waist and shoulders with that old school style rig.

I kind of made it for hot weather use.  I figure that rig with or without a slick plate carrier would work pretty well in the heat.

Quoted:

Vietnam style rig or M27 setup for the automatic rifleman?

I'd need basically double that mag capacity to even get to the 700 round minimum our Automatic Riflemen carried with the SAW
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I think heavy belt rigs can serve a purpose adequately as long as they are set up right and have enough support, like the right suspenders and a belt thats thick enough.  My brokos is set up for a metal detector as well as an M320 plus rounds, ive carried that plenty of times.  A larger belt rig in conjunction with armor takes a little bit of thought here and there, such as going over walls, or making sure the two dont meet in the middle.

You also have to make sure you dont have a muffin top, I have seen plenty of guys complaining about some VERY specific rub marks.

Quoted:
I'd need basically double that mag capacity to even get to the 700 round minimum our Automatic Riflemen carried with the SAW
View Quote

Just go with the conventional Army's current answer for that, dump it all into the bottom of the medium ruck and languish in agony the entire patrol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The time has come that I decided to put together a Battle Belt for training  and SHTF scenarios. Pictures to follow once I receive all items.

1) Blue Alpha Gear, 1.75" double belt rig.
2) D.A.R.K. Trauma kit with Chito gauze and rip shear options.
3) Pistol Mags, HSGI taco LT Belt mount with adjustable belt mount, QTY:3
4) Rifle Mag, HSGI Taco belt Mount with adjustable belt mount, QTY:1
5) Esee-4 knife with kydex sheath.
5) Holster: Blackhawk Omnivore for now. Working on finding a better holster for my weapon of choice, HK45 w/Surefire X300U

I'm looking forward to putting this together.
View Quote

OP, questions for you or anyone else:

1) Did you get the MOLLE or Standard belt?

2) Where did you buy the HGSI TACO mag pouches, and why did you go with the adjustable belt mount?  Can you post links to the pistol and rifle mag pouches you bought?  

3) Why did you go with the HSGI LT with adjustable belt mount specifically?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

1) Did you get the MOLLE or Standard belt?  Molle

2) Where did you buy the HGSI TACO mag pouches, and why did you go with the adjustable belt mount?  Can you post links to the pistol and rifle mag pouches you bought? HSGI directly, I like the idea that you can mount vertically or horizontally.

3) Why did you go with the HSGI LT with adjustable belt mount specifically? See answer to #2.

Thank you!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"battle belts" are really just range training setups in almost all civilian applications; something to keep ammo and pistol mags handily accessible while moving around the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"battle belts" are really just range training setups in almost all civilian applications; something to keep ammo and pistol mags handily accessible while moving around the range.

Well, they work well for around the house as well.  I couldn't tell you how many different nations (including ours) ran battle belts with just a few ammo pouches on their armor in Afghanistan; some were pretty robust.  I worked with close to two dozen different nations just about all of them had some form of battle belt (and all but the Mongolian or Georgian guard forces had a pistol).

Quoted:
I guess the only thing that has changed is people's concept of "enough ammo".

I think it's more about application and maneuverability.  I have gone to some minimalist chest rigs (three AR mags) and a battle belt (with one or two mags).  My training these days is to either end it quick or break contact...I don't need 300 rounds for that.  Additionally, I've found more dynamic drills are far less painful with a slimmer, less bulky, and lighter kit.  Maybe it's age, maybe it's common sense, maybe experience.  Even my practice patrol kit I go slim on mags at the ready, but keep replacements in my small patrol pack.  My personal philosophy has evolved over the years.  

It's still a hard question to answer for many here in CONUS.  I don't think many have been in contracted firefights here for some time, so perspective is important.  CONUS isn't Afghanistan, it's not Iraq, and it's not Viet Nam (yet...).  SHTF has occurred dozens of times over the past few decades and not too many needed a full combat load.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Did you get the MOLLE or Standard belt?  Molle

2) Where did you buy the HGSI TACO mag pouches, and why did you go with the adjustable belt mount?  Can you post links to the pistol and rifle mag pouches you bought? HSGI directly, I like the idea that you can mount vertically or horizontally.

3) Why did you go with the HSGI LT with adjustable belt mount specifically? See answer to #2.

Thank you!

@Campy6169

A few more questions if you don't mind:

1) How are you thinking of possibly using the adjustable belt mount horizontally?  On the belt itself, or using the HSGI TACO LT mag pouches on a chest rig?  I know I've seen LEO wear mag pouches horizontally on their belts.  I've never tried that so I don't know if I would like it or not, and what the advantages are.

2) Did you choose the Standard Overlap Inner Belt or the Low Profile/EDC Inner Belt?

3) Standard Cobra Buckle or D-Ring Cobra Buckle?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#20]
@C-4

I went with the standard overlap inner belt and the D-ring cobra buckle.

In reference to the adjustable belt mount and mounting horizontal, I may try it with rifle mag pouch. At this time I have no plans on mounting these particular pouches on my PC as I have pouches for that and trying a few different layouts. Once I have both the PC and Belt setup the way I think will work best for me, I'll post pictures.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@C-4

I went with the standard overlap inner belt and the D-ring cobra buckle.

In reference to the adjustable belt mount and mounting horizontal, I may try it with rifle mag pouch. At this time I have no plans on mounting these particular pouches on my PC as I have pouches for that and trying a few different layouts. Once I have both the PC and Belt setup the way I think will work best for me, I'll post pictures.
View Quote

Looking forward to the pics.

ETA:  And thank you again!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

@CAsoldier, OP or anyone else:

Will ALS belt-mounted holstered allow the outer belt to loop through the belt mount on the holster, like, as an example, the one below?  If not, how are holsters attached to the belt?

https://www.galls.com/safariland-als-belt-slide-holster?PMOPV1=STX&PMOPV2=SRH&PMOPV3=179&PMSRCE=GAPLA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhZr1BRCLARIsALjRVQOyj-HCyJ9zFa0FR6BvhG8Kv62g40J9aJZQfSBkDcobe-joU4MjkYkaAqPGEALw_wcB
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Will ALS belt-mounted holstered allow the outer belt to loop through the belt mount on the holster, like, as an example, the one below?  If not, how are holsters attached to the belt?

https://www.galls.com/safariland-als-belt-slide-holster?PMOPV1=STX&PMOPV2=SRH&PMOPV3=179&PMSRCE=GAPLA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhZr1BRCLARIsALjRVQOyj-HCyJ9zFa0FR6BvhG8Kv62g40J9aJZQfSBkDcobe-joU4MjkYkaAqPGEALw_wcB
View Quote

Yes. Depending on how stiff the belt is,  may have some difficulty,  but it will work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#24]
in on page 2 of still no pics from OP.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The time has come that I decided to put together a Battle Belt for training  and SHTF scenarios. Pictures to follow once I receive all items.

5) Holster: Blackhawk Omnivore for now. Working on finding a better holster for my weapon of choice, HK45 w/Surefire X300U

View Quote

Good choices. Throw a dump pouch on the very back as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if I'll use all. three. I was thinking the third could be for a flashlight or mullti-tool. In reference to the fixed blade, if I don't like it on there, I'll add it to my go to bag or vehicle bag.
View Quote

Yeah, I would ditch the 3rd pistol mag and Fixed blade and replace with a flashlight or multi-tool.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#27]
This setup has served me well for years. Only changes I might consider are a new 2 belt system, a more compact dump pouch and adding a multi-tool.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes. Depending on how stiff the belt is,  may have some difficulty,  but it will work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I was going to ask about the dump pouch.  I have a couple all set to go.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
My thoughts are a Battle belt has the very basics I still want with me once my Armor and pack come off. (my first line gear)

For me that's a pistol, 2 pistol mags, 1 rifle, TQ, dump pouch (not just for empty mags but to carry random things), multitool, and handheld flashlight.

Having a lot of weight on your hips sucks after walking a few miles and having big Ifaks on your lower back sucks when working in and out of vehicles.

Now with reference to fighting a war as a Civilian that was brought up in the thread.

As a civilian your biggest advantage is mobility. Ambushes, sabotage, and hit and run tactics. Mobility is paramount to all those things.

A backpack with some HME and a concealed pistol might get you further than 700+ rounds of 5.56.

Say you're sitting on an ambush do you really think you will or you should stick around long enough to burn through more than a few mags? Standing toe to toe with a bigger more lethal force is a sure way to end up in the ground.

Having caches and positions to fall back to that have ammo and more weapons is smarter than carrying a ridiculous amount of weight in ammo.
ditching everything but a concealed pistol might be something you have to do.  

Now dealing with the most realistic SHTF scenarios you will probably be dealing with a lot of other things than ambushing people and planting IEDS.

A pistol on you hip with a few mags and your rifle near by is what it will probably look like (Katrina, Alabama tornados, north ridge earthquakes, etc).
So how much gear do you really want or need on your hips?  

Just some ideas to throw around in your head.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#32]
oops wrong thread. still waiting for OP's pics
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
in on page 2 of still no pics from OP.

View Quote

Still no pics because all of the items, most importantly the belt itself have not arrived!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry buddy just saw the notification.

YES is will. There are also a lot of different mounts that allow you to choose how high or low you want the holster to sit. There are also quick attachments to move the holster to other platforms such as molle etc. it’s really the best way to go. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

YES is will. There are also a lot of different mounts that allow you to choose how high or low you want the holster to sit. There are also quick attachments to move the holster to other platforms such as molle etc. it's really the best way to go. Hope that helps!
View Quote

I wonder about the near-universal complaint about many Battle Belts not being sufficiently rigid, absent internal stiffeners.  
Personally, I consider a reasonable amount of belt rigidity as being quite important.  There are simple, easy, cheap, DIY ways to accomplish this.

Some years ago, I bought a Battle belt, from a well-known and respected mfr, with the option of replacing the OEM closed-cell foam inserts with specifically-made ballistic inserts.  Same inserts as one would see in a PASGT vest.  Got in just under the line.  No longer an option.

It's a great belt, and user-configurable.  The soft armor in the belt might make a difference.  YMMV.  It's user-configurable.

Again, No idea why this option is not offered by other mfrs.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wonder about the near-universal complaint about many Battle Belts not being sufficiently rigid, absent internal stiffeners.  
Personally, I consider a reasonable amount of belt rigidity as being quite important.  There are simple, easy, cheap, DIY ways to accomplish this.

Some years ago, I bought a Battle belt, from a well-known and respected mfr, with the option of replacing the OEM closed-cell foam inserts with specifically-made ballistic inserts.  Same inserts as one would see in a PASGT vest.  Got in just under the line.  No longer an option.

It's a great belt, and user-configurable.  The soft armor in the belt might make a difference.  YMMV.  It's user-configurable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES is will. There are also a lot of different mounts that allow you to choose how high or low you want the holster to sit. There are also quick attachments to move the holster to other platforms such as molle etc. it's really the best way to go. Hope that helps!

My “battle belt” is really just my patrol duty belt. It sucked. I’ve been wanting a better belt for a long time. I did a lot of research and came up with the safe life belt. That thing is ridiculously stiff and I’m very happy with it. I don’t like the big padded HSGI style belts anymore. Just too much material and weight for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
Too many pistol mags.

You have 1 rifle mag and 3 pistol mags.  Even if you're using your belt in conjunction with a plate carrier or chest rig (with hopefully at least 6 rifle mags in / on it) you have too much weight and space devoted to handguns.  I have a double pistol mag case on my belt, but one of the spaces holds a flash light.

Rifle first.
Rifle always.

People on this site are pistol mag mental.  Handguns are last ditch tools.
View Quote

I always have a handgun on me.

I can conceal armor and 4 mags and go shopping.

Do you carry a rifle with you everywhere you go? The store? Walking the dog? Work?

I also use my gear in comps and ive used all 4 of my pistol mags.

Eta.

Lol sorry for adding to the dogpile.

At least for suspenders i like them. Easy to take a leak or shit and keep everything right there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Campy6169:
I went with the standard overlap inner belt and the D-ring cobra buckle.
View Quote

What made you go with the D-ring cobra versus the standard?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CascadianFault:

What made you go with the D-ring cobra versus the standard?
View All Quotes

I'd rather have the D-ring just in case I need it vs. not having it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:01:18 AM EDT
[#40]

I'd rather have the D-ring just in case I need it vs. not having it.
View All Quotes

I'd rather have the D-ring just in case I need it vs. not having it.

Fusion and Yates make some good cowtails if you ever need one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered the Blue Alpha belt similar to OPs but I went with the standard belt instead of the MOLLE belt with the thought that I will be able to slide mag pouches, IFAK, and other things around for comfort or need like sitting in a vehicle.

After reading this thread I'm rethinking my decision. Can OP or anyone else help me with this? Is my original idea with being able to slide stuff around on the belt a bad idea? Does OP or anyone think I should call Blue Alpha and request my order be changed to a MOLLE belt?

I understand that OP hasn't received his belt yet but any insight on this matter will be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Born_of_Fire:
I ordered the Blue Alpha belt similar to OPs but I went with the standard belt instead of the MOLLE belt with the thought that I will be able to slide mag pouches, IFAK, and other things around for comfort or need like sitting in a vehicle. 

After reading this thread I'm rethinking my decision. Can OP or anyone else help me with this? Is my original idea with being able to slide stuff around on the belt a bad idea? Does OP or anyone think I should call Blue Alpha and request my order be changed to a MOLLE belt?

I understand that OP hasn't received his belt yet but any insight on this matter will be very much appreciated.
View Quote

@Born_of_Fire

I ordered the MOLLE belt because the TACO mag pouches attach that way, but my plan is to slide on the holster.  I don’t know how easily it will to as I don’t know how thin the material is and I’m sure it depends on the holster as well.  Unfortunately, this is the problem with not being able to see things in person, but a local gun store can’t keep all the various gear like this in inventory.  So I don’t have an answer to your question which is a good one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I ordered the Blue Alpha belt similar to OPs but I went with the standard belt instead of the MOLLE belt with the thought that I will be able to slide mag pouches, IFAK, and other things around for comfort or need like sitting in a vehicle. 

After reading this thread I'm rethinking my decision. Can OP or anyone else help me with this? Is my original idea with being able to slide stuff around on the belt a bad idea? Does OP or anyone think I should call Blue Alpha and request my order be changed to a MOLLE belt?

I understand that OP hasn't received his belt yet but any insight on this matter will be very much appreciated.
View Quote

I personally wouldn't want my gear sliding around. You always want your pouches to stay in place. A holster is different in that with the openings to slide it on a belt, it usually stays in place, however with the pouches and all the moving around, the pouches could move. Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the replies fellas. I did some research with hopes to back up my foolish (and beer fueled) assumptions and HSG has TACO mag pouches and other pouches with an attachment system called Adaptable Belt Mount (ABM) that should mount well and do what I need with the standard belt I ordered.

Again, thanks for the input and I look forward to hearing what you think of your belt and maybe see some pics when you get it OP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the replies fellas. I did some research with hopes to back up my foolish (and beer fueled) assumptions and HSG has TACO mag pouches and other pouches with an attachment system called Adaptable Belt Mount (ABM) that should mount well and do what I need with the standard belt I ordered. 

Again, thanks for the input and I look forward to hearing what you think of your belt and maybe see some pics when you get it OP.
View Quote

I should have it in 2-3 weeks and I'll be posting pics. All the other gear I ordered for this setup has been received.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Received notification today that the belt will be shipping today. Should have it next week sometime. I'll post pictures once she's put together how I think it should be.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#47]
I've been following this, partially for some LOLs. Though it's good to see I'm not the only one who's been waiting forever for a belt.

Hurry up Raptor Tactical!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Personally speaking, I have always thought a "Battle Belt" is intended to be worn independent of all other equipment/gear.  It's the last item of gear one doffs.  In sum, IMHO, the "Battle Belt" is best worn with the least gear/weight possible, and if such "Battle Belt" requires suspenders--as many may well do-- then such suspenders are best of the wide, slim style of shoulder straps, so as to both fit and have minimal discomfort with respect to the items worn over them.

No expert, but have tried out a few rigs.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Personally speaking, I have always thought a "Battle Belt" is intended to be worn independent of all other equipment/gear.  It's the last item of gear one doffs.  In sum, IMHO, the "Battle Belt" is best worn with the least gear/weight possible, and if such "Battle Belt" requires suspenders--as many may well do-- then such suspenders are best of the wide, slim style of shoulder straps, so as to both fit and have minimal discomfort with respect to the items worn over them.

View Quote

Thus conflating a battle belt with LBE. There are two different thought processes combining here. Belt kit, as seen in the LBE thread and then there are the belts we see mostly in the war belt thread.
One carries a bare minimum, while the other will carry more items for longer durations.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thus conflating a battle belt with LBE. There are two different thought processes combining here. Belt kit, as seen in the LBE thread and then there are the belts we see mostly in the war belt thread.
One carries a bare minimum, while the other will carry more items for longer durations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having "grown-up" with the ALICE system, and its' later iterations, I think that we knowledgeable users can probably move on from that platform.

We now have a vastly different amount of choices, although the basic fundamentals remain the same.  How much gear/weight can the typical soldier be expected to carry?

It's my purely personal opinion that the less gear toted around, the better.  Most experienced users will generally concur, I think.

IMHO, if one wants a "battle belt" then such a belt ought to exclude most items, other than Immediate-use items.  That way, such belts do not become overweight, and bulky.  I'm aware of threads touting Brit-style battle belts.  Fine for supporting heavy packs with rear-mounted pouches on the rear of the belt.  Possibly difficult to assemble, with the usual supply of pouches.  That aspect is a work in progress, and has some faults, as when the rearward mounted pouches have their contents emptied.  It's an interesting concept, but not without its' potential drawbacks.

Now, not being a combat veteran, and certainly not being any sort of Expert, I suggest wearing on a battle belt such items that seem required when all the other  gear is doffed.   Probably pistol holster, IFAK, pistol mags, and maybe some water.

I respect your comments, and don't think we differ much.

All this is subject to discussion, of course.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top