Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2023 2:04:08 PM EDT
I have a AB Night Vision LPBO-GO I purchased from TNVC a few years ago and when putting on a new helmet cover I noticed that the wire coating next to the connector was pulled back exposing the braided sleave underneath. should i be concerned about it not being sealed/waterproof anymore? Should i contact TNVC or AB Night Vision about it or just put a piece of heat shrink over it?Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That cable should definitely be repaired. Not sure if AB will fix it but it’s definitely worth an email. You can get by with some electrical tape in the meantime

If it were mine I would remove the lemo connector and then use the adhesive sleeved heat shrink, then put the lemo back on
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Will. I'll wait to hear from you before doing anything. like what's been mentioned worst case scenario ill put some heat shrink on it
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
its an easy repair. any reputable electronics shop can just shorten it up a tiny bit (like 1/8") and strengthen that section with some shrink tube

or

If you are DIY, then you need to unscrew the base and apply the heat shrink tube under that section covered by the base, too, otherwise it may actually weaken it faster. Hopefully heat shrink tube will shrink enough because it is going to need a wider diameter to get it over the plugs if you can't desolder the wires. if not, and you dont feel comfortable with the soldering, I would just use some electrical tape or the vulcanizing rubber tape - same deal - unscrew the base of the connector and start the application at that spot.

or

you could also change out the lemo plug to one that has the supporting sleeve. Not really sure why that style was used...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Plastidip would work to cover the exposed shielding.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top