Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 11:42:52 AM EDT
I wanted to get some recommendations on battery storage containers that will protect batteries. Waterproof, weather resistant, etc. I have a Thyrm Cell Vault XL for CR123A and AAA batteries, but what are some options for 18350 and AA? These will go in a Utility pouch so I'd prefer a more flat faced container. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe something like this for cr123/AA/AAA & put the 18650s in the cell vault?  I have 2 of these in my pack/hunting bag & it lest me carry 6 cr123s, 6 aa, & 6aaa.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Condor-Battery-Case-4-Sets-Pack-Tan-Brown/46519850?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=8453&&adid=22222222227033998009&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=345696086812&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-553056897548&wl5=9014870&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115787746&wl11=online&wl12=46519850&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs97DyLCt7gIV__7jBx2e8g3PEAQYGiABEgKXdvD_BwE

ETA: @iron-e
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe something like this for cr123/AA/AAA & put the 18650s in the cell vault?  I have 2 of these in my pack/hunting bag & it lest me carry 6 cr123s, 6 aa, & 6aaa.
View Quote

I'm hoping to find dedicated 18350 containers. If I put the 18350's in the Cell Vault there would be a lot of left over space and only a couple would fit. While I can fit more CR123 & AAA in the Cellvault. It's just more efficient. But I'm defiantly gonna pickup what you linked for my AA's.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wanted to get some recommendations on battery storage containers that will protect batteries. Waterproof, weather resistant, etc. I have a Thyrm Cell Vault XL for CR123A and AAA batteries, but what are some options for 18350 and AA? These will go in a Utility pouch so I'd prefer a more flat faced container. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I am using a combination of storacell organizers and magpul daka pouches. If you use the 18650 storacell it will hold 8 18350's but they may stick out slightly. The batteries wont fall out due to the little retainer in the storacell.   https://storacell.net/
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am using a combination of storacell organizers and magpul daka pouches. If you use the 18650 storacell it will hold 8 18350's but they may stick out slightly. The batteries wont fall out due to the little retainer in the storacell.   https://storacell.net/
View Quote

Is there anything like the Magpul Daka that are super small? I want a water proof bag/storage container that will fit in a utility pouch.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is there anything like the Magpul Daka that are super small? I want a water proof bag/storage container that will fit in a utility pouch.
View Quote

@Iron-E  this is the smallest thing I could find:  

https://www.rei.com/product/814231/sea-to-summit-tpu-accessory-case-medium  - I'll probably grab a few of these for when I go out 'adventuring' with the kids in the local creek.

or the Magpul DAKA for suprressors (seems decent, just long)

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/gear/daka/magpul-daka-suppressor-storage-pouch-small.html?mp_global_color=undefined

If your pouch is big enough I'd look at the Pelican 1050/1060.  Its hard and waterproof.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Condor-Battery-Case-4-Sets-Pack-Tan-Brown/46519850?wmlspartner=wlpa&;selectedSellerId=8453&&adid=22222222227033998009&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=345696086812&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-553056897548&wl5=9014870&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115787746&wl11=online&wl12=46519850&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs97DyLCt7gIV__7jBx2e8g3PEAQYGiABEgKXdvD_BwE

ETA: @iron-e
View Quote
Maxpedition sells these battery holders with a pouch for $20 a pop: https://www.maxpedition.com/products/volta-battery-pouch?variant=37345673937  You'll also need some Malice clips to attach the pouch to a PALS platform.

The plastic battery carrier is not waterproof, unless you tape it up.  One can cut a strip of thin rubber, as from an inner tube, to take up space inside the battery carrier, in the case of AAA batts and such.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Iron-E  this is the smallest thing I could find:  

https://www.rei.com/product/814231/sea-to-summit-tpu-accessory-case-medium  - I'll probably grab a few of these for when I go out 'adventuring' with the kids in the local creek.

or the Magpul DAKA for suprressors (seems decent, just long)

https://magpul.com/apparel-gear/gear/daka/magpul-daka-suppressor-storage-pouch-small.html?mp_global_color=undefined

If your pouch is big enough I'd look at the Pelican 1050/1060.  Its hard and waterproof.
View Quote

That's perfect. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's perfect. Thanks!
View Quote

@Iron-E  Let us know what you get & how it works.  I'm always looking for a better way to tote batteries around.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Iron-E  Let us know what you get & how it works.  I'm always looking for a better way to tote batteries around.
View Quote

I'm thinking of using those Pelican cases for backpacks and getting the Small Sea to Summit pouch and putting slim storacells in it for my utility pouch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#10]
WAY over thinking this.  Unless you just want to spend money to be TACTI-Cool.  You probably already have a suitable, water tight solution in your kitchen.  I double bag my spare batteries with small zip-lock freezer bags, pull all the air out with a vacuum cleaner, then store in my admin pouch.  You could store them in your IFAK too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WAY over thinking this.  Unless you just want to spend money to be TACTI-Cool.  You probably already have a suitable, water tight solution in your kitchen.  I double bag my spare batteries with small zip-lock freezer bags, pull all the air out with a vacuum cleaner, then store in my admin pouch.  You could store them in your IFAK too.
View Quote

How am I overthinking? It's TaCtIcOoL because I want a long lasting quality solution to protect batteries from water and weather? If you want ziploc bags, go for it. I'd prefer something that lasts longer and doesn't allow water to get in easily. Why would I put batteries in my IFAK?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How am I overthinking? It's TaCtIcOoL because I want a long lasting quality solution to protect batteries from water and weather? If you want ziploc bags, go for it. I'd prefer something that lasts longer and doesn't allow water to get in easily. Why would I put batteries in my IFAK?
View Quote
I don't think you are over-thinking batt storage at all.  Keeping batts from having their terminals touch--and discharge-- is always worth keeping in mind.  The plastic batt carriers mentioned above do a decent job of preventing unintentional discharge.  Keeping batts free from water is the second part of the equation.  Freezer baggies are usually thicker and more durable than standard baggies.  The special dry-bags thicker, and better still.

One needs to keep batts suitably separate, and dry.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
countycomm
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think you are over-thinking batt storage at all.  Keeping batts from having their terminals touch--and discharge-- is always worth keeping in mind.  The plastic batt carriers mentioned above do a decent job of preventing unintentional discharge.  Keeping batts free from water is the second part of the equation.  Freezer baggies are usually thicker and more durable than standard baggies.  The special dry-bags thicker, and better still.

One needs to keep batts suitably separate, and dry.
View Quote

I don’t like to use zip locks since they tear so easily.  Hard sided is the way to go.  I’ve been on too many duck hunting trips digging though my bags looking for batteries bc the zip lock tore.   Now I use a cellvault  on the exterior if some of my bags and old pill containers that will hold 4AA & 5 or 6 AAA per pill container.  Pill containers are also pretty water tight.  If you want a easy way to carry aa & aaa then duct tape 2 pill containers bottom to bottom and you can carry a whole slew or batteries in a decent sized item that’s pretty easy to find in a bag.

@iron-e
@raf
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever floats your boat...Tacti-Coolio
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Whatever floats your boat...Tacti-Coolio
View Quote

okay kid...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top