Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2018 11:50:54 AM EDT
I’m curious as to what solutions you guys have for mounting a light, particularly on an APC or GHM.  The simplest and most straightforward is just a TLR or Weapon mounted light in the pic rail... but I’m interested in anyone who has tried something else.

Anybody tried a thorntail Mount or anything that puts or pushes the light slightly forward and/or off the top rail?  Anyone had luck with pressure mounted switches?  I’m working with a pistol, so no VFG. The Streamlight remote switch is about 1/4 inch too long for the side rail - and isn’t very good if I put it on the top rail.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm so glad that we were given all this detail on what gun OP is running, how he has it set up, and what he's planning to use it for - this question would be nigh impossible to answer otherwise!
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m interested in seeing what other people are running. I’m not interested in other people trying to solve things for me. Rather than getting into the expensive buy and try it, I’m interested in what other people may have already tried.

It comes down to the little nuances... like a certain light may not clear a folded stock, or this light mount interferes with a suppressor.  Things you don’t know until after you buy something.

I am looking for people’s individual real world examples that have been tried with their B&T, particularly the APC9 or GHM9.  I’m interested in other people’s experiences, not how they think I should run my gear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
M300 with HBi mount on an APC9. Works fine for my use.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/surefire-m300-light-mount-for-bt-apc-and-ghm9/
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M300 with HBi mount on an APC9. Works fine for my use.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/surefire-m300-light-mount-for-bt-apc-and-ghm9/
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
M300 withh SF offset, mounted on the left.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the examples!  That clearance from the gun looks about perfect. Same with the HBI Mount. Anyone know if the Surefire remote switch will fit on the side 1913 rails?  It looks shorter than the Streamlight but can’t tell if it’ll work for sure.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
SF rail graber tape switch will fit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top