Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2023 9:27:52 PM EDT
Can cleared for my TP9 and I was running it this past weekend. I was having issues with it wanting to lock back almost every round with the can mounted. Not happening without the can. Anyone familiar with what could be causing this? For those unfamiliar with the TP9, the bolt catch/slide release is the same as pretty much any semi-auto pistol.

I'm not riding the release-its out of the way. I can hold the release down (although its not easy given its too far for a firing grip). Stock B&T mags and regular 115 grain. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to double check with my buddy, but his TP9 with the TP9 suppressor was doing the same thing a few range trips ago. Not sure if he's fixed it yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know if it would fix it, but I’d try it with 147gr.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me know-hope it isn't a common issue with the newer TP9s.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:11:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aksahsalahs] [#4]
Mine ‘21 TP9 did this when I bought it. No issues without the silencer, but the same issue as OP has.

I ended up sending it back to B&T and they sent it back to me “fixed”. Still had the same issues as before but it was slightly better. Can’t remember exactly what  B&T did the first time, but I believe they replaced and tweaked the slide lock.

After some parts swapping from another TP9 I narrowed the issue down to some part of the feed ramp/slide lock assembly. I think I got B&T to send me the whole feed ramp assembly, as I’m pretty sure I didn’t send it in a second time. The new assembly solved my issue.

I have both the original B&T can and the newer RBS can and both have been g2g since then.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you recall the PN for the assembly you swapped? Was that hard to do?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jerkymeister:
Do you recall the PN for the assembly you swapped? Was that hard to do?
View Quote

@jerkymeister I don't off the top of my head. It was super easy, took maybe 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up sending it in to B&T. They told me this is indeed abnormal so will see what they do to fix it up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jerkymeister:
I ended up sending it in to B&T. They told me this is indeed abnormal so will see what they do to fix it up.
View Quote

Did you ever get it fixed? What was the issue? Looks like I'm having the same problem.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
Mine ‘21 TP9 did this when I bought it. No issues without the silencer, but the same issue as OP has.

I ended up sending it back to B&T and they sent it back to me “fixed”. Still had the same issues as before but it was slightly better. Can’t remember exactly what  B&T did the first time, but I believe they replaced and tweaked the slide lock.

After some parts swapping from another TP9 I narrowed the issue down to some part of the feed ramp/slide lock assembly. I think I got B&T to send me the whole feed ramp assembly, as I’m pretty sure I didn’t send it in a second time. The new assembly solved my issue.

I have both the original B&T can and the newer RBS can and both have been g2g since then.
View Quote

Did they replace the buffer on the ramp?
The bolt is definitely at the wrong place somewhere in the cycle.
Top Top