Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2023 3:01:56 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Just got a disapproval notification for my ATF Form 1 application.

The last page states serial # and model on form does not match photo provided. (should have left out the photo).

The serial number, model AND manufacturer are as they are between photo and form.  The ONLY difference I can see is that I didn't use a - between 21 and XXXXX.  I thought we were supposed to leave out dashes etc.

Anyone have any insight into what I did wrong?

I can provide more info if that helps with a diagnosis.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#1]
Did you list TP9 as the model? Not B&T TP9
I just did a SBR and got approved. The SN was with a dash. let me see what I put on the form
Ok My LWRC has a dash on the SN and I did NOT put the dash on the form and it is present on the photo and was approved in 21 days
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gqllc:
Did you list TP9 as the model? Not B&T TP9
I just did a SBR and got approved. The SN was with a dash. let me see what I put on the form
Ok My LWRC has a dash on the SN and I did NOT put the dash on the form and it is present on the photo and was approved in 21 days
View Quote

My serial number plate simply says TP9.  Not B&T before it.

I'm kind of wondering if its the dash.  That's really the only thing i can think of.

Mind checking your form for me brother?  I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a TP9 form 1 paper exactly how you did it about a month ago. I’ll call and ask.

I am curious…. Do examiners not give a chance to correct anymore?  Two paper form 1s since 2019 had a mistake. Examiner reached out, emailed me a correction, I did it, signed and mailed within a week my approval.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#5]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I'm kind of wondering if its the dash.  That's really the only thing i can think of.

View Quote

I did not put the dash in and I was approved. It was for a LWRC Model M6 and serial number was 03-10XXX
I did model M6 and serial number 0310XXX. Approved by Carol Ripley
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
The eForm system doesn't let you put a dash in the S/N field, so its not that.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Always a shit show.

I chose Tac-14 from the drop down menu as the model for my Tac-14 SBS form 1

It was disapproved.

Needed to put 870

At least the wait was less that 40days each time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Approved.  No dash.  IIRC, the eForm won't accept dashes (or I would have included the dash).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have any insight into what I did wrong?
View Quote
Any chance you attached the wrong picture?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#10]
Isn't the model actually stamped on the newer versions not just TP9 but actually "TP9-US"?

And on the little metal plate, The TP9 US ##### all kind of flows together?  I wonder if the examiner was confused on if the "US" part was the prefix of the serial or part of the model designation.  Since it says "TP9-US" modeled into the plastic, that would maybe imply the "US" on the metal plate should be part of the model, not the serial.

Either way, it's not uncommon for the new and part time examiners to make bad calls on this sort of thing.  I'd try to contact NFA branch for clarification to find out how to correct how they seem to want it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:
Any chance you attached the wrong picture?
View Quote

Bro.

I thought about that.  I'm 99% sure I attached the right picture but stranger things have happened.  There is no way to go back and check, right?  The PDF copy of my form does not have an attached photo other than my passport photo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#12]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Isn't the model actually stamped on the newer versions not just TP9 but actually "TP9-US"?

And on the little metal plate, The TP9 US ##### all kind of flows together?  I wonder if the examiner was confused on if the "US" part was the prefix of the serial or part of the model designation.  Since it says "TP9-US" modeled into the plastic, that would maybe imply the "US" on the metal plate should be part of the model, not the serial.

Either way, it's not uncommon for the new and part time examiners to make bad calls on this sort of thing.  I'd try to contact NFA branch for clarification to find out how to correct how they seem to want it.
View Quote

EDIT:  I found my old photo.

My TP9 is also marked B&T AG, Switzerland.

The serial number reads like this:

TP9 US 21-53XXX

As I and other's have suspected, I guess she thought the model was TP9 US?  Shrug...Is the US part of the serial number?  This is incredibly confusing.

Anyone have any insight on how I can contact the examiner or which part of the ATF branch I can contact to get some clarification?

The instructions on the bottom say that I may only submit a corrected paper form 1, not another E-file.

This whole system is moronic... lol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]

The serial number reads like this:

TP9 US 21-53XXX

View Quote
This might be part of the issue, the "TP9" on the plate is not part of the serial number.  The serial is just the "US" and then the numbers after that, as it should match then the serial on the bolt.  If you included "TP9" as a prefix in the serial number on the form, that is incorrect.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]
This might be part of the issue, the "TP9" on the plate is not part of the serial number.  The serial is just the "US" and then the numbers after that, as it should match then the serial on the bolt.  If you included "TP9" as a prefix in the serial number on the form, that is incorrect.
View Quote

No Sir,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier post.

I listed model as "TP9"

I put the serial number as 21-53XXX

I should have put US 21-53XXX? Maybe minus the dash as the system wont allow that?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]

No Sir,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier post.

I listed model as "TP9"

I put the serial number as 21-53XXX

I should have put US 21-53XXX? Maybe minus the dash as the system wont allow that?
View Quote
In my opinion and from researching online, this is likely the convention they want:

Model: TP9-US
Serial: US 2153000

No dash in the serial, because eForms does not let you put dashes in that field.  And the "US" is definitely part of the serial number, since that is B&T's convention for all their models sold in the US.

Link Posted: 9/17/2023 9:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rope-A-Dope] [#16]
In my opinion and from researching online, this is likely the convention they want:

Serial: US2153000 No space.
View Quote

Please see my example in post #8 above.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:

Please see my example in post #8 above.
View Quote

Model TP9
Serial US222222
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Just to throw a monkey wrench in this… My approved F1 on my TP9 is with following info:

Serial: US 20-XXXXX

Both model and serial have the US.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#19]
My approval back in 1/21

Serial: 20-35xxx (mine did accept a dash)

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Well.

This is confusing lol!
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well.

This is confusing lol!
View Quote
This is the atf we are talking about.  Sometimes it's best not to give them more info than necessary.  The pic should likely only be supplied if requested or if the item in question isn't already in their system.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Got an approval today.

Model tp9-us
Serial 21xxxxx

No dashes or anything. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top