Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2018 7:49:36 PM EDT
Straight from B&T's Instagram

I've been looking at the GHM9 but this APC9 Pro looks like a real winner.

Folding non-reciprocating charging handle
AR grip
Accepts APC9 Glock lower

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh. I think you can add a folding charging handle to the extant models and I love the integral pistol grip. It would be nice to use Glock mags, but the oem mags are sexy and look great (never been a fan of the rake of a Glock based pcc).
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Improving on an already awesome design.

Not enough to make me sell my gen 1 and buy this but none the less all good upgrades.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice upgrades but nothing here to sway current owner's IMO.
The Glock mag capability will pull in quite a few new players who've been waiting on the sidelines. The folding charging handle is a nice upgrade that can be done on gen 1's.
The APC9 is one of the finest PCC's on the market bar none but haters gonna hate
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought an APC9 today. Glad there isn't huge changes! The non-reciprocating is about the only thing I think I'm missing out on.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought an APC9 today. Glad there isn't huge changes! The non-reciprocating is about the only thing I think I'm missing out on.
View Quote
I used to think reciprocating charging handles didn't matter until I used my Buddy's SCAR a couple of times shooting off/around a barrier and due to my hand position and the barrier smacked my hands and the barrier a few times. Now I realize how dumb they are. I'm sure with practice I could learn to mitigate the effect of a reciprocating charging handle but still, they're silly.

I don't own a B&T firearm but I do like that they're responding to customer input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the folding charging handle actually non-reciprocating or does it just reciprocate in a folded position?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the folding charging handle actually non-reciprocating or does it just reciprocate in a folded position?
View Quote
Actually non-reciprocating. If you watch the video, which does not require an instagram account, you can see that the bolt is locked back but the CH is forward. The gentleman then demonstrates that the CH springs forward on the open bolt while explaining that the CH is non-reciprocating, folding, and can be swapped to left or right side.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Actually non-reciprocating. If you watch the video, which does not require an instagram account, you can see that the bolt is locked back but the CH is forward. The gentleman then demonstrates that the CH springs forward on the open bolt while explaining that the CH is non-reciprocating, folding, and can be swapped to left or right side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah yep I hadn't watched the video.  Was thinking this was maybe just the folding handle that you can now buy for the existing APC9.  They've obviously re-worked the bolt, etc.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The only question for me I guess is when can I buy one?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I would like some nice g10 scales to replace those rails on the forearm.

Instead of a glock mag lower,  one that took cheaply available scorpion or colt mags would be the cats ass.   The glock mag lower is still neat, because I have a boatload of high cap mags already.  But glock mags in a subgun look like hammered ass.

This may finally be the gun I buy to celebrate my divorce with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
So when do we get the APC9 Pro-SD?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
How is the bolt release different? Just press up or down? If so, did they omit the one at the bottom behind the mag?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is the bolt release different? Just press up or down? If so, did they omit the one at the bottom behind the mag?
View Quote
It looks like there is no longer one on the bottom behind the mag.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meh. I think you can add a folding charging handle to the extant models and I love the integral pistol grip. It would be nice to use Glock mags, but the oem mags are sexy and look great (never been a fan of the rake of a Glock based pcc).
View Quote
How do you get into the pistol grip storage? I've tried getting into mine and I can't seem to get it.

I see that you press the bottom plate towards the muzzle (I think) but beyond that I can't seem to get any further.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How do you get into the pistol grip storage? I've tried getting into mine and I can't seem to get it.

I see that you press the bottom plate towards the muzzle (I think) but beyond that I can't seem to get any further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slide the lid to compress the spring and pull it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s hard to get open the 1st few times. I used a flat head screw driver but now I can get them open with my finger nail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top