Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 73 of 73)
Page / 73
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#1]
I run a Surefire Mini Scout Light Pro and a Unity Hot Button on my APC9 Pro.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very clean setup! Swapping in the aluminum lower brings these Swiss beauties to a "whole nother" level of handling and aesthetics

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stimr2:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302220/PXL_20231020_145958410_jpg-3004724.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK-919] [#4]
Anyone here put the B&T reduced backpressure RBS9 SQD on their 9k?  I want a can for this thing, but not sure what to get.  Priorities are: low backpressure, short length, and db as the least important.

edit: and tri lug compatible
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:15:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joesrcool] [#5]
Originally Posted By JK-919:
Anyone here put the B&T reduced backpressure RBS9 SQD on their 9k?  I want a can for this thing, but not sure what to get.  Priorities are: low backpressure, short length, and db as the least important.

View Quote

I have a full size RBS SQD, and not the compact. While not on an APC, I've compared it against an Omega 9k, Obsidian 9 and Rex MG7k and the SQD has the least amount of gas when run on an MPX, which is known for being gassy. That said, it's also the loudest, which is very surprising given its size.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

YHM R-9 on my APC9k ... running Syntech 150gr subs ... no gas issues ... and I am a lefty ...
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Any new mag options or is it just the clear b&t mags and Glock mags?
View Quote

Mp5 mags now
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#8]
Double post
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I've used the RBS SQD compact on the APC9K.  Agree with the other post that you are making a trade-off between backpressure and suppression (dBs).  I felt like even the compact model was a bit long for the APC9K so primarily use the Omega 9K on this platform.  I use the RBS SQD on the SPC9.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

No experience with the RBS9, but with my APC9 and a Griffin Revo9, I have zero complaints with gas to the face. It’s not an AR and just better gun to suppress.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shackelford762:

No experience with the RBS9, but with my APC9 and a Griffin Revo9, I have zero complaints with gas to the face. It’s not an AR and just better gun to suppress.
View Quote

I guess it's less of a gas-face issue and more of a gun getting filthy inside issue.  I have an omega 9k on a scorpion and the inside of that thing gets absolutely filthy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
FINALLY sent some rounds down range on the APC9.  100 rounds of 115gr.  Not single hiccup and it's a lot softer than I thought. Used the sling today and it was no problem at all.  

I get it now.  I understand why I paid for this rig.  It's worth every single penny!!

Red dot, light and brace are en route.  Should be even more fun then.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NewCo32:
Red dot, light and brace are en route.  Should be even more fun then.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302220/PXL_20231020_145958410_jpg-3004724.JPG
View Quote

@stimr2

Tell me about that QD sling mount at the rear of your upper. I need something like that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Truegrave] [#17]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Somehow damaged the securing bolt and had to hammer it out yesterday, damaging it.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/375298/apc9_pro-3074370.jpg

No significant damage to the through-hole on the actual bolt, just a very light scratch, but sections of one of the securing bolt's inner ledges were damaged/distorted and it would no longer slide into the bolt.  It would stop at the distorted ledge.  

Spent a bit of time carefully filing a slight chamfer all the way around the radius of the damaged edge and am good, it again slides in and out easily.  Given the role of that part, the modification shouldn't represent a functional issue, but just really odd it occurred.

Not sure what happened.  The securing bolt initially dropped out easily during disassembly, as it should when the bolt is positioned properly, but then progressively got worse with each cleaning.  At first, that just meant I needed to push it with my finger, but then I needed to use a wooden dowel, followed by a slight tap on that dowel, followed by a harder tap, until getting to a point yesterday where I had to absolutely hammer it out using that dowel and a gunsmith hammer.

Would like to replace it, or at least get a spare, but the part (BT-361072) isn't listed on the B&T parts site and they have not returned my message yet.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
View Quote

It sounds like the mainspring was still capturing the securing bolt during your disassembly (damage to the inner ledges), but I don't know why it would get progressively worse. Do you take the mainspring out of the gun before taking out the securing bolt.

Check for damage at the head of the main spring too.

ETA: the head of the mainspring could be slightly peening those inner edges of the securing bolt for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:51:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MK318:

@stimr2

Tell me about that QD sling mount at the rear of your upper. I need something like that.
View Quote

I got it from P2 Tactical but it hasn't been in stock for awhile.
https://www.p2tactical.com/preston-precision-bt-apc-series-rear-receiver-qd-sling-mount.html

Parker Mountain Machine had something similar but I don't see it listed on their website anymore.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#21]

https://www.p2tactical.com/preston-precision-bt-apc-series-rear-receiver-qd-sling-mount.html

Parker Mountain Machine had something similar but I don't see it listed on their website anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK318:

@stimr2

Thanks, I’ve been looking for a QD solution to convert the HK loop to a QD cup since my BFG sling is set up for QD and the attachment is sewed in. I’ve ordered a set of Grovtec QD stud adaptors with the hope being that I can run the adapter through the loop giving me an QD socket. They will be here tomorrow so I’ll be able to confirm for sure if it works or not.
https://www.amazon.com/GrovTec-Button-Adaptor-Black-Oxide/dp/B01D65DDEU

Anyone with a P320 lower found that your mag release is very sensitive? It is so light I often will inadvertently hit it just laying the PCC on a car seat sometimes. I’ve considered buying a B&T mag lower but then I’d also have to invest in B&T mags. I went with the 320 lower because I already have dozens of 30 round 320 mags.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#22]
FYI, talked to the folks at B&T and they said they are in the process of getting many more parts listed on the site ...and they also hooked me up with what I need.  Great folks.  
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:53:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JK-919] [#24]
How hard is it to swap barrels on one of these? APC9K specifically.

I got one of the contract barrels with the integrated trilug.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Sbrguy1977:
https://i.imgur.com/XipgvO6.jpg
View Quote

That FDE gun is pretty sweet! Where did you get the FDE stock? I saw a FDE gun for a decent price recently, but looked around and couldn’t find a FDE stock to pair with it and passed on it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know the trick for getting the hinge into place on this folding stock? Its tight as hell and I dont want to beat it in..
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Mine was ridiculously tight too. I think I sanded it just a little bit, but mostly just jam it in there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Same here, I had to use a rubber mallet to force mine in and used a little bit of oil as well. Guess it's a good thing it was tight because the SB Tactical brace I had was super loose and would flop around when folded.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
You probably already know by now but I emailed B&T and they said they would install it for $50-100.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
You probably already know by now but I emailed B&T and they said they would install it for $50-100.
View Quote

Yeah I sent mine in
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

What is the story on the contract barrels?  Is that just an APC9 barrel installed on an APC9K?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:

What is the story on the contract barrels?  Is that just an APC9 barrel installed on an APC9K?
View Quote
The contract barrels have the tri-lug integrated into the barrel and are 5.5" in length, stock APC9K has 4.3" threaded barrel and with the tri-lug adapter installed it will be 5.5" but no added benefit to velocity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
The contract barrels have the tri-lug integrated into the barrel and are 5.5" in length, stock APC9K has 4.3" threaded barrel and with the tri-lug adapter installed it will be 5.5" but no added benefit to velocity.
View Quote

Thank you for the explanation!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#35]
Has anyone cut off the handstop thing on the A3 tactical vertical grip made for the apc9k?
It can be a knuckle buster so I’m thinking about it.
Just want to make sure its not hollow so I can smooth it over after I cut it off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#36]
How stiff is everyone else's bolt release?

It's kind of hot or miss, but sometimes mine requires a complete repositioning of my hand to get enough leverage to activate. I might not have the strongest hands, but I climb a good bit so I know I'm at least average strength

I'm trying to decide if I need to keep those surfaces super clean, or let carbon build up on them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dblazevich:

It's kind of hot or miss, but sometimes mine requires a complete repositioning of my hand to get enough leverage to activate. I might not have the strongest hands, but I climb a good bit so I know I'm at least average strength

I'm trying to decide if I need to keep those surfaces super clean, or let carbon build up on them.
View Quote

not apples to apples but I had a ridiculously stiff right side mag release on my APC glock lower.  I had to send it in and they fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you know what they did to fix it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dblazevich:

View Quote

Mine was ridiculously stiff at first but the more I run it, the better it's gotten.  Still stiff but a little better now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I low-key miss the gen1 push-button bolt release. A lot easier to release, and the button on the bottom for a catch was only slightly annoying
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Man I NEED WANT one of these!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have experience with the MP5 mag version?  Good to go or hold off?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:44:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#44]

I don't see the benefit, beyond having steel mags instead of polymer.

Folks don't buy the MP5 because it has great mags. Its primary benefit (beyond Die Hard LARPing) is being roller delayed and hence, very soft shooting. This B&T lower provides none of that benefit and all of the downside of the magazines. i.e., expense, no last round bolt hold open.

The only real benefit I see is if you already own an MP5 and have a decent number of mags. That mag compatibility would be nice.
View Quote

That whole bottom sentence is the reason for the question

Leaning towards a Glock mag lower
Page / 73
Next Page Arrow Left
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 73 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top