BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 48 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

I'm not going to name names as I'm pretty sure that no one is taking apart multiple braces/stocks and putting them back together wrong.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20200305_174712__2_-1304784.jpg

Note how there is no relief for the ejection port and the right side bar has the lower u notch present on the 556/300 braces/stocks.
View Quote
That’s what I was getting at...someone knowingly selling a .223/.300 brace as a 9mm brace because they know the rarity and the value.  No chance B&T sold it or assembled it wrong so it wouldn’t be unreasonable if they told you to kick rocks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a 9mm/40/45 brace and buffer.  B&T assembled it with a 223/300 right bar, instead of the correct 9/40/45 bar.  Different models use different parts and someone at the factory grabbed the wrong part.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a 9mm/40/45 brace and buffer.  B&T assembled it with a 223/300 right bar, instead of the correct 9/40/45 bar.  Different models use different parts and someone at the factory grabbed the wrong part.
View Quote
Oh ok.  Gotcha. Good luck
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they take care of you?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I just purchased an APC9K Pro pistol and had a question about the serial # for folks who have gone through the Form 1 process with a B&T firearm.

Is the serial "US 19-30xxx" or just "19-30xxx"? I have never seen a space in a serial # in any of my other firearms, so just wanted to make sure before I fill out the Form 1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:14:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#6]
Originally Posted By ncitrdude:
I just purchased an APC9K Pro pistol and had a question about the serial # for folks who have gone through the Form 1 process with a B&T firearm.

Is the serial "US 19-30xxx" or just "19-30xxx"? I have never seen a space in a serial # in any of my other firearms, so just wanted to make sure before I fill out the Form 1.
View Quote
i used a space on my apc9 and Mega lower and they were both approved
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Spaces aren’t uncommon. More likely to get kicked back if it’s not exactly how it’s written in the receiver. I include the US 19-xxxx
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#8]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:
Did they take care of you?
View Quote
@MobileTaylor I'm still waiting to hear back from them.  We identified the issue, then I stopped hearing from them.

Update:  Sent them another email and they send me a shipping label.  Looks like it will be sorted out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lucreau:
Anyone else have a stock they’d sell?
View Quote
So is this where I might find a telescoping stock for an APC9K?
On the wait lists for months nad haven't heard anything
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SperlingPE:

So is this where I might find a telescoping stock for an APC9K?
On the wait lists for months nad haven't heard anything
View Quote
Same here. You have to just keep combing the EE and be fast on the draw!
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

Same here. You have to just keep combing the EE and be fast on the draw!
View Quote
do they even hit the EE?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone want to sell the stock endcap/stock adapter that comes stock on APC9’s? Mine is bitched up. Email me at hkbeltfed at yahoo dot com thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Who got the telescoping stock from shooters surplus? Got the back in stock email and 5 minutes later when I went to the site it was OOS
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Anyone want to sell the stock endcap/stock adapter that comes stock on APC9’s? Mine is bitched up. Email me at hkbeltfed at yahoo dot com thanks!
View Quote
Sent you an e mail
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmg2] [#15]
I've got a question about using glock mags versus B&T mags with the APC9. The APC9 has two feed ramps just behind and below the barrel. I assume they're for when the B&T double feed mag feeds from the left and right sides. Now the glock mags...they always feed from the middle, so that would be "between" the 2 feed ramps in the gun. I seems like this could cause feeding issues, at least with hollow point ammo. Can someone that uses the glock mag lower comment on this? Any feeding problems with the glock lower and hollow points?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#16]
People have reported increased relibility using the Glock lower and magazines particularly GHM9 owners.  Using the Glock magazines bypasses the feed ramps.  My GHM9 Gen. 2 consistently FTF hollow point and flat nose ammunition until I got the Glock lower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stimr2:
People have reported increased relibility using the Glock lower and magazines particularly GHM9 owners.  Using the Glock magazines bypasses the feed ramps.  My GHM9 Gen. 2 consistently FTF hollow point and flat nose ammunition until I got the Glock lower.
View Quote
Good info. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Im not sure how I could increase the reliability of my APC 9 Pro with B&T mags.

I’ve shot 200 GDHPs and over 1,000 147gr Lawmen. Nearly 100% suppressed without a single hiccup.

Glock mag lowers only make sense if you’re sitting on a pile of Glock mags.

I like the double feed aspect of the factory mags, and from an aesthetic standpoint, the Glock mag angle looks ugly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of the Glock lower and mag either.  My APC9 Pro has definitely been more reliable than my GHM9.  You hardly hear about APC9s having feeding issues compared to the GHM9.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of the Glock lower and mag either.  My APC9 Pro has definitely been more reliable than my GHM9.  You hardly hear about APC9s having feeding issues compared to the GHM9.
View Quote
My apc9 has been a problem since day one...its coming back from b&t for the second time this Monday. Literally the most unreliable firearm I have owned. Customer service has been good though...I just have to be patient while the issues get sorted out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#21]
Originally Posted By 45pulse:

My apc9 has been a problem since day one...its coming back from b&t for the second time this Monday. Literally the most unreliable firearm I have owned. Customer service has been good though...I just have to be patient while the issues get sorted out.
View Quote
I went through the same thing with my GHM9 and B&T USA after 6 months finally offered to replace my GHM9.  I refused the replacement because they couldn't give me a definite time frame when they would replace it because they didn't have any GHM9s in stock.  Also by then I had gotten the Glock lower and I was tired of dealing with them.  I had more important things to deal with like cancer treatment and almost dying from complications after a surgery to remove the cancer.  I was less than pleased with their customer service.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#22]
@45pulse, what’s wrong with your APC9?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:39:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MobileTaylor] [#23]
Anyone running an EOTech on their APC9?  Is it too big for the APC?  Anyone with photos?

Edit: Found it on page 33 -Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimr2] [#24]
Anyone running an EOTech on their APC9?  Is it too big for the APC?  Anyone with photos?
View Quote
Someone posted a pic in the B&T picture thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Br-gger-and-Thomet-Picture-thread/48-506238/?page=1#i5230087
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Br-gger-and-Thomet-Picture-thread/48-506238/?page=1#i5230087
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
@45pulse, what’s wrong with your APC9?
View Quote
Several things from the start...

Issues with feeding which I felt were magazine related due to always having to tap the magazine on the back spine as I was loading it (this helped the feeding problems but was still unreliable).

Magazines would eject while shooting (very prevalent while shooting suppressed) ...I was sent a replacement magazine catch which did nothing to fix issue. Firearm was then sent back to b&t.

When returned after several months and I attempted to function test I had numerous ftf and fte. I immediately contacted customer service... which advised they did not test the firearm with the magazines I supplied with the weapon but would send  3 more with the directive to test the “new” magazines as they felt they would resolve the issues.

When I received the new mags, I attempted to function test again but was unable to even get through more than 4-5 shots without the same malfunctions. As I placed the last mag in the weapon and started shooting I had a failure to reset with the trigger, I re racked then had a double fire. At that point I cleared the apc and put it in the bag then immediately contacted customer service again. The apc was sent back to b&t two days later by a next day air label.

I contacted b&t a couple days later and was advised they replaced some parts in the lower...I did voice my concerns that I felt a glock lower would fix the magazine issues but they are confident it is now fixed. I obviously have zero faith in b&t magazines at this point and im not sure what I will be receiving tomorrow but I will follow up the thread.

I dont want this to come off as a rant as they have been in contact in regards to customer service which is more than I can say for other companies.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 45pulse:

Several things from the start...

Issues with feeding which I felt were magazine related due to always having to tap the magazine on the back spine as I was loading it (this helped the feeding problems but was still unreliable).

Magazines would eject while shooting (very prevalent while shooting suppressed) ...I was sent a replacement magazine catch which did nothing to fix issue. Firearm was then sent back to b&t.

When returned after several months and I attempted to function test I had numerous ftf and fte. I immediately contacted customer service... which advised they did not test the firearm with the magazines I supplied with the weapon but would send  3 more with the directive to test the “new” magazines as they felt they would resolve the issues.

When I received the new mags, I attempted to function test again but was unable to even get through more than 4-5 shots without the same malfunctions. As I placed the last mag in the weapon and started shooting I had a failure to reset with the trigger, I re racked then had a double fire. At that point I cleared the apc and put it in the bag then immediately contacted customer service again. The apc was sent back to b&t two days later by a next day air label.

I contacted b&t a couple days later and was advised they replaced some parts in the lower...I did voice my concerns that I felt a glock lower would fix the magazine issues but they are confident it is now fixed. I obviously have zero faith in b&t magazines at this point and im not sure what I will be receiving tomorrow but I will follow up the thread.

I dont want this to come off as a rant as they have been in contact in regards to customer service which is more than I can say for other companies.
View Quote
That is such a bummer.  Sounds like they think it’s a lower issue.  They should have given you the Glock lower as compensation for such a bad experience.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Looks like the EOTech is a no-go.  Anyone know what the Army decided to use as their optic on the APC9K?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
No clue what optic was selected but I saw this video on Instagram recently.  Video quality sucks but I only see irons.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mdMA1Apir/?igshid=142rbhaqp1juo
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I preordered an APC9 telescopic stock back in September and got my shipping notice today.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:
I preordered an APC9 telescopic stock back in September and got my shipping notice today.  
View Quote
Who'd you order it from? Tarheel still shows out of stock, but I know they had a lot of queued up backorders to fill.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
I was dead set on the telescoping stock for my 9k but since they are unobtanium I settled on the fixed folder. I don’t think it looks as cool but feels really good. Maybe someday I will snag one off the EE
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#33]

I was dead set on the telescoping stock for my 9k but since they are unobtanium I settled on the fixed folder. I don’t think it looks as cool but feels really good. Maybe someday I will snag one off the EE
View Quote
I've got the B&T folder on my APC9 sbr also, but I'd like to have the Telescoping stock, even if I didn't use it much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:50:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#34]
Originally Posted By bmg2:

Who'd you order it from? Tarheel still shows out of stock, but I know they had a lot of queued up backorders to fill.
View Quote
I was queued up for one through THSF.  I'd guess there is still a big waiting list based on how slowly these have been trickling out to dealers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]

I was queued up for one through THSF.  I'd guess there is still a big waiting list based on how slowly these have been trickling out to dealers.
View Quote
It's nice that they got a shipment in. They've been super scarce.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

That’s the mistake I made on my form 1. Yes, you must include the US. I don’t think the space vs no space mattered. The BATF agent was nice enough to let me resubmit quickly and approved it pretty fast. I’m guess I wasn’t the first person to make that mistake with this pistol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Got my telescoping brace back from B&T today with the correct right side bar.  I really appreciate their sorting out this mistake.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Got my telescoping brace back from B&T today with the correct right side bar.  I really appreciate their sorting out this mistake.
View Quote

Kudos to B&T USA.  Mistakes happen and the customer service, timeliness, and response all tell a lot about a company.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#39]
F1 approved at 6:14am this morning!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#40]
F1 approved at 6:14am this morning!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/677873F8-942A-453C-8ECE-EE9DE9928C05_jpe-1332404.JPG
View Quote

That looks so nice!
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#41]
THSF has the APC9 Pro in FDE.  1911 SYNDICATE had one on his YouTube channel.  They look really nice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#42]
THSF has the APC9 Pro in FDE.  1911 SYNDICATE had one on his YouTube channel.  They look really nice.
View Quote

I see this mentioned in a few places, but I don't see any fde APC9's on their website. Any idea if they offer APC9K Pro in fde as well?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MobileTaylor] [#43]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

I see this mentioned in a few places, but I don't see any fde APC9's on their website. Any idea if they offer APC9K Pro in fde as well?

Thanks
View Quote

No K versions at the moment.  They had 10 FDE APC9 Pro versions this morning.  If you go to the B&T APC Pro Pistol page you will see a color choice drop down menu.  Looks like they still have at least one available.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have a B&T telescoping stock for the apc9 they'd be interested in selling?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:03:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bmg2] [#45]
Is the lower receiver of the APC9 Pro more compatible with aftermarket triggers compared to the original, or did that not change with the "Pro" upgrade?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:48:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#46]
Wanted a APC9 but wasn't really planning on getting one. Wanted a 9mm backpack gun for a while that I could set up for night vision hikes and was going to get a scorpion, this was on the wall at a LGS and already had a brace on it so i figured why not.. Might get SBR'd but the brace is pretty good for this thing. Super fun to shoot and put a few hundred through it the first night. Now to get surefire to send my can over after the shut down. Was gonna use the aimpoint TL on the b&t mount but the t2 on the larue mount is easier for night vision.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone’s selling a telescopic stock...

https://www.tacswap.com/post/5e7c4d573ec0e400079a1df8
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Looking for a compact light for the APC9K.  Anyone try a surefire xc1-b?  Any reason this wouldn’t work mounted to the left side?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking for a compact light for the APC9K.  Anyone try a surefire xc1-b?  Any reason this wouldn’t work mounted to the left side?
View Quote

activating the buttons might be a little odd on the side.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

activating the buttons might be a little odd on the side.
View Quote

I run a VFG with my left thumb up resting by the picatinny rail.  Seems like it would be easy to switch it on and off?
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 48 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top