Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2019 10:38:37 PM EDT
Anyone know off the top of their head if standard 1911 style grips will fit or how much work they would take to adapt?  I have one that I bought a while back from SARCO and the grips on it, while perfectly functional, sure aren't the nicest looking things out there.  Well, the rest of it isn't much to look at either.  I bought the cheapest grade and pretty much all the finish is gone and the markings pretty badly worn (but readable).  I've been thinking of having it ceramic coated or something.  It does shoot well after I replaced the original barrel (looked like a sewer pipe inside) with a match grade barrel which I hand fitted and I did some tightening of the slide.  It went from rattly and pie plate sized groups to tight and all inside center mass on a man target, which is good enough to git'r'done.  SARCO had already put new springs in it so it runs well.  It does seem to be a little picky about mags.  Likes normal 7 round GI mags but doesn't seem to like the CMC 8 rounders.  Fine, those work great in my Springfield GI.  Also like many "military" style pistols it doesn't like to feed some hollow points like one of my favorites, the Speer Gold Dot "flying ashtray".  It does like normal FMJ ball ammo and Zombie Max cycles fine in it, so I haven't bothered to try to tweak the feed ramp or anything.  Anyway, it would be nice if it looked even 1/2 as nice as it shoots now.

Edit to add...  I know I can get purpose made grips for it, and that's probably what I may end up doing, but of course there are a lot less choices and the ones I like seem to be a lot more expensive than ones I like for generic 1911.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I gave Jeff Lee of Lee's Gun Parts some B-M grips several years ago.  Not a great demand for them and and might still have them/some.

I'll let you look him up.  He is in Irving.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gave Jeff Lee of Lee's Gun Parts some B-M grips several years ago.  Not a great demand for them and and might still have them/some.

I'll let you look him up.  He is in Irving.
View Quote
Were those the original style walnut grips with vertical ribbing?  My B-M has a set of those that are in good shape, they are functional but just aren't that pretty.  I'm looking for something a little nicer.  I've seen some nice checkered ones and some faux ivory that I like but they are all $55-$70.  If I was looking for standard 1911 grips, I could easily find similar ones for $10-$20 less.  But it appears after looking closely at my B-M and my 1911s that I really need purpose made B-M grips.  I think I may end up just trying to stain the ones I have a little darker and living with them for a while.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, vertical cuts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, vertical cuts.
View Quote
OK, if they were wood with vertical cuts they are probably basically what I've already got.  But thanks for the info anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
He may have others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top