Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Long time lurker of this sub forum ad stumbled upon striker fired USW this morning.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/enforce_tac_2018_news_show_daily/usw-p_striker_fired_pistol_9mm_a_swiss-made_wonder.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Long time lurker of this sub forum ad stumbled upon striker fired USW this morning.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/enforce_tac_2018_news_show_daily/usw-p_striker_fired_pistol_9mm_a_swiss-made_wonder.html
View Quote
Nice! Good find.

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the striker fired USW supposed to be cheaper or something? Because I'm not seeing a real reason to create this variant... or do I just have the unpopular opinion? I can understand making a dedicated pistol version of the USW, which is more or less just making a B&T branded Sphinx... but I don't "get" the benefit of a striker fired USW. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the striker fired USW supposed to be cheaper or something? Because I'm not seeing a real reason to create this variant... or do I just have the unpopular opinion? I can understand making a dedicated pistol version of the USW, which is more or less just making a B&T branded Sphinx... but I don't "get" the benefit of a striker fired USW. What am I missing?
View Quote
I'd get one just for the consistent trigger pull. That pistol to complement it is certainly appealing. Did they ever sell a striker version of the Sphinx?

ETA: If B&T is taking requests at the moment a USW-A1 Compact Striker with a threaded barrel would be awesome.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd get one just for the consistent trigger pull. That pistol to complement it is certainly appealing. Did they ever sell a striker version of the Sphinx?
View Quote
I have never really been fond of striker gun triggers myself... but my experience with them has either been glockmush or the unusual, like a P7. I've always preferred my handguns to have hammers and DA/SA triggers. And I'm not aware of a striker fired Sphinx, every one I've ever seen was a hammer DA/SA gun. Doesn't mean they didn't have one, or have prototypes in the pipe before they collapsed though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know the feeling. I love the APC platform and keep eyeing the APC45 and thinking I need it to go with my 9mm and scratch my UMP itch. Then the $100 magazines and proprietary 3 lug make me come to my senses. But I could buy one at any moment...lol
View Quote
Every time I open one of these threads and see all the cool B&T toys, I start drooling and wanting one................until I see the prices, and then I realize they are way beyond my means..........
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every time I open one of these threads and see all the cool B&T toys, I start drooling and wanting one................until I see the prices, and then I realize they are way beyond my means..........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the feeling. I love the APC platform and keep eyeing the APC45 and thinking I need it to go with my 9mm and scratch my UMP itch. Then the $100 magazines and proprietary 3 lug make me come to my senses. But I could buy one at any moment...lol
Oh no worries, they're beyond my means too. I did quite a bit of shuffling and shedding with my redundant AR collection to acquire the B&Ts I have and now I have redundant B&Ts.... I'm now waiting for the GHM9 to drop and the last thing I need is another PCC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh no worries, they're beyond my means too. I did quite a bit of shuffling and shedding with my redundant AR collection to acquire the B&Ts I have and now I have redundant B&Ts.... I'm now waiting for the GHM9 to drop and the last thing I need is another PCC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may eventually go that route............shed a few pistols, couple of other things...........
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting

If only they could make this for the FN 57 please
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Interesting

I'd be in for a Glock GEN4/5 backstrap version.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I will own that.

But I want it before 4thQ
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder why the new striker fired USW's have a longer barrel?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh my...........I really dig that.

I'd 3D print a "topcover" for the reciprocating slide (just as the original) and mount the dot up front (not a fan of slide mounted red dots) or something but that could be a real winner for half the price of a full on USW
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I bet Karl is give the French a SWEET price on those.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know the story on the Sphinx/B&T crossover?  I’m on my third Sphinx, just wonder how it went down that B&T used Sphinx, especially with Sphinx Switzerland going bankrupt.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the story on the Sphinx/B&T crossover?  I’m on my third Sphinx, just wonder how it went down that B&T used Sphinx, especially with Sphinx Switzerland going bankrupt.
View Quote
I have seen mentioned elsewhere online that B&T purchased some of Sphinx'es assets out of bankruptcy which included the pistol plans / molds. So I would assume that B&T now own the SDP design / tooling / plans outright.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting.  Makes me wonder how Kriss is now producing the Sphinx here in the US.  Appreciate the reply/info.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interesting.  Makes me wonder how Kriss is now producing the Sphinx here in the US.  Appreciate the reply/info.
View Quote
I was not aware Kriss made any SDP pistols in the US.

I have always heard they imported the guns from Sphinx, and that Sphinx was a subsidiary of Kriss Europe. I can only assume that with Sphinx defunct that Kriss USA now owns anything B&T didn't salvage, or perhaps they sold rights and designs to B&T as part of some bankruptcy liquidation to keep their Euro facility floating. Don't know.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#22]
The newest Sphinx I bought, the SDP Compact Duty has different markings.  Gone is the quality reassuring Made In Switzerland stamp on the pistol.  Switzerland has interesting laws regarding items tagged Swiss Made and Switzerland.  Kriss has been saying they intend to manufacture in the US for awhile now.  My first two Sphinx SDP pistols were clearly marked Switzerland and featured the Sphinx picture on the frame.  The newest iteration only has the Sphinx logo on the grip and Switzerland references are gone.  I’d love to learn they are still made in Switzerland so it won’t hurt my feelings if someone can prove me wrong!  I will say though that this newest Sphinx is every bit as tight as the first two.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top