Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2023 10:34:11 AM EDT
Hey folks my cousin is looking to make a dedicated subsonic 300BO rifle and is trying to track down a BCM upper but it seems no one has them in stock?
Any recommendations for a 300BO subsonic upper?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:
Hey folks my cousin is looking to make a dedicated subsonic 300BO rifle and is trying to track down a BCM upper but it seems no one has them in stock?
Any recommendations for a 300BO subsonic upper?
View Quote
Not to bust your balls, but an upper is an upper. I guess the gas systems can have some to do with it, but I have a BCM upper in .300 Blk as well as a Noveske and a Larue.

All shoot supers and Subs...  I much prefer to shoot subs with Can though...

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
Not to bust your balls, but an upper is an upper. I guess the gas systems can have some to do with it, but I have a BCM upper in .300 Blk as well as a Noveske and a Larue.

View Quote

I found one but nobody has it in stock. Any suggestions for a dedicated upper that is going to be used with a can subsonic only? Also what is the NFA wait time now?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bogdan] [#3]
Originally Posted By smullen:

View Quote

Also, sorry. I probably sound silly. I have been out of the shooting/AR world for a while and back in my days(Late 90s) the only  options were the holy ABC. Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt.
I love larue aimpoint mounts forgot that they started to make rifles too. What are good quality brands now that have SBR uppers for 300 BO?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Just about every manufacturer offers something in the category but when you say "SBR" upper, exactly what length are you looking for? 300BLK uppers come in a wide range of lengths. You can find "SBR length" BLK uppers as short as 5.5" and as long as 12.5" and just about every length in between.

I have (2) BLK uppers, a 7" DD PDW upper and a 9" BCM. Between the 2 I prefer the BCM upper because I feel like that extra 2" makes a noticeable positive difference (rail space, sound level suppressed, velocity) and I'm not using it as a backpack gun so I don't need it to be super compact.

So I'd suggest you first step should be to define your needs/wants in order to determine what length upper you want and that will help narrow your search.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By airgunner:
Just about every manufacturer offers something in the category but when you say "SBR" upper, exactly what length are you looking for? 300BLK uppers come in a wide range of lengths. You can find "SBR length" BLK uppers as short as 5.5" and as long as 12.5" and just about every length in between.

I have (2) BLK uppers, a 7" DD PDW upper and a 9" BCM. Between the 2 I prefer the BCM upper because I feel like that extra 2" makes a noticeable positive difference (rail space, sound level suppressed, velocity) and I'm not using it as a backpack gun so I don't need it to be super compact.

So I'd suggest you first step should be to define your needs/wants in order to determine what length upper you want and that will help narrow your search.
View Quote

Looking for 7" but can't find BCM uppers in stock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

Looking for 7" but can't find BCM uppers in stock.
View Quote

Looks like it's in stock...BCM® Standard 7" 300 BLACKOUT Complete Upper Receiver Group w/ MCMR-5 Handguard
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Man I love my .300 blk BCM...  
I think mine might be a 9.3" or something strange...

I put a SF Socom brake on it and a 300SPS...  I did it...   Hoping to pop a few rounds off tomorrow...
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I built a honey badger clone(ish) upper
Top Top