Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2024 9:08:18 AM EDT
So recently acquired one of these and to be honest I’m in love with it. I don’t understand why there are not more units with some of the features of the Atilla-200.

It’s hard to find much info on them anyone know the history of these units and there use? It seems mostly contractors sold them off and when NVEC was sold any surplus units ended up in the wild.

Anyone know where to buy spare paddles or remote switch’s ? It seems it’s the same as a Vital-2 remote paddle/ switch are they compatible?

Also can you run the unit without the paddle in just eye safe mode without the blue paddles? Will this cause any issues.

Last question is what modern unit would be the equivalent to the atilla-200 as far as power , how the beam can be widened , and how adjustable the power settings are.

I can literally set this illuminator and laser for any lighting condition and the beam throw and spill for the illuminator are outstanding.

Any info  should be aware of that fails on these also would be appreciated. I remember lusting after one of these forever ago when Horta posted one, I can honestly say I’m not disappointed and was blown away by the performance on something that you would think would be completely outdated.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC:
I wrote a bunch on the ATILLA awhile back, it's still one of my favorites.

This thread will answer most of your questions. I can fill in the rest a bit later.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Atilla-200/18-536699/

View Quote

Awesome thank you !

Yeah I’m never giving this thing up it will have to die or I will have to die and it will be buried with me. It’s just such a good unit. I felt so 2003 when I opened up the deployment kit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chosos:
Getting replacement switches will be rough. I made some spares for myself but outside of that, I dont know anyone else who has made any extras. It is the same switch as the vital 2 and vital 100.

I love my atilla & vital lasers.
View Quote

How did you make them I would love to know how they work. Luckily I have both blue and black switch’s. Cable/paddle .

Would love to see some peoples cool Attila vital set ups !
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]
OP,

Many years ago, http://www.nivisys.com/en/ purchased all the rights to the ATILLA's and all spares.  You might want to check with them to see what they have left.
View Quote

Thank you !!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Sorry.

The Atilla's IR Illuminator rotator knob is pretty awesome for its time. I still love everything about the units except the switches. The paddle/pressure switch is also not very easy to manipulate.

Stiill the best IR Pointer/Illuminator to date IMHO.

View Quote

The switch’s are definitely the one caveat but I can live with this. The knob is amazing and the individual power buttons ! You can literally dial it up or down wide or narrow for any lighting condition. Photonic barriers don’t stand a chance !
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
OP,

Many years ago, http://www.nivisys.com/en/ purchased all the rights to the ATILLA's and all spares.  You might want to check with them to see what they have left.
View Quote

So I contacted them they said no parts left
Unit deemed obsolete

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#12]
I loved the ATILLA back in the 2000’s.  I could use it for everything from shooting to marking LZs and targets for aircraft.

I recently purchased one, but it’s missing the full powered remote switch.  I hope to get another one and have someone smart wire it for a crane switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top