Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2024 6:41:34 PM EDT
I am in the market for an assault pack and the one that has caught my interest is the ARES Armor Combat XII Pack.  Seems this has been discontinued for awhile and the only other alternative is the one by TAG.  

Would anyone know where I can find the ARES Armor version or if someone is making one that is similar other than TAG?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ares has been discontinued for many years now.

The closest I've found (and I own both) is the Arbor Arms Tradesman pack. Which IMO is better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Arbor Arms one bigger? I really like the size of the Ares Armor one but yeah, they have been gone for awhile.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:
The Ares has been discontinued for many years now.

The closest I've found (and I own both) is the Arbor Arms Tradesman pack. Which IMO is better.
View Quote

Also depending on the color would you be interested in parting with the Ares one?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
They're comparable in size. Some of the features the Tradesman has I like more. The outer magazine pouch is modular, so you can stow more than just 6x 30 round magazines in there, you can have it stow belts, or just leave it as another flapped pouch.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Slap some Esstac on a Twin Needle and stop obsessing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Compares the AA tradesman to the ares pack. They are very similar and iirc there's carryover between the 2 companies. Downside is I've never actually seen the tradesman in stock so you might have to contact them for availability.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hk5_48D8A4
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
View Quote

There ya go, problem solved and problem staying solved.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
View Quote

That's actually a great idea.  I honestly forgot about the mini-map style bags
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Arbor Arms

Go here, the guy who worked at Ares and designed the pack works here, There Tradesman pack looks a lot like it.

Me personally, there are so many "Assault Packs" on the market I can get around $100 bucks, I would not shell out $350 for one, unless it carried all my shit for me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]
IMO Skip the Ares pack, unless you find one of $100 and want to satisfy your curiosity. It is not a great pack, the small opening zipper pockets, the heavy top load, small main compartment.

With other options out there in recent years, there a many more practical options.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MFS1589:
IMO Skip the Ares pack, unless you find one of $100 and want to satisfy your curiosity. It is not a great pack, the small opening zipper pockets, the heavy top load, small main compartment.

With other options out there in recent years, there a many more practical options.
View Quote

This is what I've heard from a couple folks who have used the Ares.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Combat XII pack that I got a couple of years ago. It's ok. Nice and small but doesn't come with a chest strap, doesn't ride all that well, and it could just be better. I still use the crap out of it but I'd prefer a more modern option.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]
The one thing with packs is that the greater the pack sticks out from your back the more it's going to slide right and left when you're running, especially if you have a plate carrier on.

So, the flatter the pack the better, the more heavier items like magazines are to your back the better.

This summer I'm going to try the Summer of Bummer plate carrier backing I just got, my Eagle MAP III that I've modified into a piggyback style pack, and then just a knock off MAP that I bought with very thin shoulder straps that will be worn in conjuction with my Matblock Claws (keep the straps pulled in to make shouldering a rifle nicer).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top