Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 5:08:55 PM EDT
One of my AR's is a bit over gassed. I was thinking of adding an H buffer but I was also considering an Armaspec buffer assembly because that shwing sound bugs me every time I fire. Anyone use one of these? Looking at the G3 version. Is it a plus or snake oil?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Armaspec makes two different captured spring buffer systems - the SMB (Sound Mitigation Buffer) and the SRS (Stealth Recoil Spring).

I have one of the SMB units with a H1 equivalent, and it definitely does ditch the sproing and scraping sound.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I was looking at the SMB. How does the H1 compare to an H1 Buffer? One review I read said the H1 was light compared to a standard carbine H buffer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, I was looking at the SMB. How does the H1 compare to an H1 Buffer? One review I read said the H1 was light compared to a standard carbine H buffer.
View Quote

Dunno, I've never used a non-standard weight carbine or rifle buffer with a normal spring other than a 9mm set up (and that is WAY heavier than a Hx buffer, etc).

I do know that the spring tension is different, and that may explain the weight difference.  Remember it is "equivalent to a Hx buffer"
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to give a try, I mean, what can it actually hurt. Right now my AR with the standard 3.0oz carbine buffer is throwing brass out front. I'll order the H1 buffer from Armaspec and see how it does.

Edit; I just put in the order for the SRS H buffer. Basically the SRS does everything the SMB does plus more reduced felt recoil.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
wow, it got here already. I think I'm gonna have to ditch work early tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow, it got here already. I think I'm gonna have to ditch work early tomorrow
View Quote

If you ever think you will want to use it in a rifle length buffer tube/full stock at some point, keep an eye on JSE's site - they carry the armaspec plug for cheap and flat $4 shipping.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
yep, thanks. I don't have any rifle length stocks so I'm good. Buuut, I just got to work and opened my e-mails and there's an add from AR-15 Discount for this buffer, in stock, for almost $30 less, with shipping it comes to just over $20 less than I paid for the one from Armaspec. I ain't the "return it to save $20 kinda guy so I'm thinking, perfect time to get another one for my other AR!!!

My other AR is a 7.62x39 carbine and is running fine with a standard weight buffer but I've heard other guys say that H1 and H2 buffers make AR-47's run better. geez, I gotta make up my mind before this deal is over.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
just got back from the range. The buffer worked, that's good. It was quiet, that's good too. With the carbine buffer and spring it pretty consistently tossed brass to somewhere between 1 and 2 o'clock, now with the H1 srs buffer its throwing them between 2 and 3 but they seem to have a varying amount of force. Sometimes throwing them straight out to 2 oclock and sometimes just coughing it out a foot away from the rifle. It locked the bolt back on the last round each time no problem. I forgot my carbine buffer and spring so tomorrow I'll head out again and test them side by side. I'll even take the x39 and try it in that rifle too.

edit-

went to the range. My x39 was throwing brass to about 4o'clock consistently. Changed to the Armaspec and there was no difference except no spring noise. The 5.56 was pretty much as described above.  It's marginally better. Thinking about getting the H2 and trying it to see if it is any better than the H1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top