Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2024 4:23:51 PM EDT
So I have read a few threads here so I think I have a understanding of the differences.  The 640 will give a cleaner image at longer distances.  The 640 has everything the 320 has, just better resolution at greater distance.

I am leaning toward the 320.  My use case is walking around in the woods, around my neighborhood walking my dogs, eventually hunting.  In my neighborhood the longest stretch would be approx 100yrds.  Longest stretch of woods is approx 200yrds.  I would use the 320 to detect targets and then use my AGM Rattler T35-384.  I don't plan on shooting further than 200yrds.

I will be picking up a Rayvn dual bridge and already have a nice 3rdgen WP PVS-14 (bought last year from JRH).

Will I be disappointed in not spending the extra 1k?  I can easily swing the 320 right now, and would have to pay off the extra 1k for the 640 over a few months.  This will more than likely be the last time I can splurge on NV or fun gun stuff for awhile.

Thanks for any feedback.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think use case youd be fine with the 320.  However, i always buy once cry once and if this is your last purchase for awhile you might want the resolution that comes with the 640.

I just picked up an RH25 and the 640 resolution is killer...
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balloo] [#3]
I ordered the 320 and used it for a few days and wasn't happy with the image quality.  I returned it and ordered the Sidekick640.  I had cash and a credit on Optics planet.  Now I wait, and wait for it to fill.

While waiting I figured out I can actually mount up my rattler T35-384 to the Rayvn Bridge and run duals that way.  The Rattler is a base mag of x2 so I can't collimate due to this, and the mount isn't exactly ideal, but I can use it on the bridge as a single if I needed to.

So if I was in the lord of the rings I'd be "Gandalf the Okay".  

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Balloo:
I ordered the 320 and used it for a few days and wasn't happy with the image quality.  I returned it and ordered the Sidekick640.  I had cash and a credit on Optics planet.  Now I wait, and wait for it to fill.

While waiting I figured out I can actually mount up my rattler T35-384 to the Rayvn Bridge and run duals that way.  The Rattler is a base mag of x2 so I can't collimate due to this, and the mount isn't exactly ideal, but I can use it on the bridge as a single if I needed to.

https://i.imgur.com/2elP6N9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nCr4vLe.jpg

So if I was in the lord of the rings I'd be "Gandalf the Okay".  

View Quote

I was dealing with the same dilemma I ordered a flir breach when I saw it on Amazon for $2k but then after watching vids and doing more research I returned it and got the 640

Took two walks with the 640 and my NV on the Rayvn it will definitely take some getting used to but the image quality is great

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top