Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/9/2017 9:50:44 PM EDT
Curious as to how many inert ordnance collectors we have at ARF....

Inert Ordnance is a main collection theme for me, I have quite a bit of German WWII ordnance, and US stuff from WWI through modern stuff, and everything from gun/howitzer/tank ammo, mines, mortars, grenades, and a few rockets....

Here is a shot of some of my bigger stuff...

ID's from left to right, back row...1) 90mm tank HE round, 2) 88mm German Tiger I HE round (electrically primed), 3) 88mm Flak 36 HE round (percussion primed), 4) German 75mm HE tank round, for long barreled Stug and PzKfw IV's, 5) German Navy SK C/32 105mm illumination round, 6) German FlaK 41 HE, MT fuzed AA round (note how much longer than the earlier FlaK 36 round...the Tiger II round was about this size, but larger main body diameter and more pronounced shoulder, long ass round to sling in a tank for the loader! 7) & 8) US 57mm AP rounds, first AP Capped, and second AP Shot, 9) Soviet 57mm case with US 57mm projectile as a filler 10) 40mm Bofors L/70 proximity fuzed pre-fragmented HE round for abandoned Sgt York DIVADS..

In the front are a couple of British 40mm Bofors L/60 rounds, a MK II frag in a rifle grenade launcher adapter. and a few other rifle grenades...

This is just a small selection of the total collection....

If there is any interest in this stuff, I can post more...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of that stuff doesn't look inert.

Comp B

Used to seeing blue projectiles or blue bands to signify dummy, practice, or inert.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Rumor has it that a UPS driver dropped a dime on the Branch Davidians over a box of inert ordnance .
One good reason for me to not collect
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of that stuff doesn't look inert.

Comp B

Used to seeing blue projectiles or blue bands to signify dummy, practice, or inert.
View Quote
They are all inert, many have been repainted and re-stenciled by me...and the 90mm HE projectile is actually turned hard maple which I then painted...found it on eBay....

ETA Shit, before 9/11 the best place to get inert WWII German ord was Europe, the two yellow painted 88's came from Europe, the 105mm German Navy round came from Europe...I will not buy inert ord from Europe anymore, I lost a few things in customs...I lucked into a really nice early German 37mm PaK round at the DACA show the weekend after Thanksgiving. Some things I am able to put together...the last DACA show I picked up a 90mm case from one friend, another guy had a 90mm HVAP practice projectile on his table, got them both, repainted the projectile as an actual combat round, and got a nice complete round out of it...

Before re-paint...

Attachment Attached File

Post re-paint...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a bunch of stuff a guy I knew in Dallas had.  He was also a whiz when it came to ordnance calculations.

Only things I have are a WWII German Smi-35 land mine and I was finally able to find an original WWII MkII hand grenade that did not cost a bazillion dollars to buy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
May I see your selection of 60mm mortar rounds?  And any 57mm or 84mm recoilless ammunition?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
May I see your selection of 60mm mortar rounds?  And any 57mm or 84mm recoilless ammunition?
View Quote
Sure thing, I'll get some pics today and post them up....
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Here are my 60mm mortars, and my lone 57mm recoiless...no Carl Gustav rounds unfortunately....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like a bunch of stuff a guy I knew in Dallas had.  He was also a whiz when it came to ordnance calculations.

Only things I have are a WWII German Smi-35 land mine and I was finally able to find an original WWII MkII hand grenade that did not cost a bazillion dollars to buy.
View Quote
I'd love to get a complete S-Mine!

I do have two very nice Mk II's, the one on the right I picked up at the DACA show a couple weeks back, which was an overall yellow grenade that was then repainted OD, you can still see the original yellow peaking through...first overpaint I have had...it weren't cheap, but its damned nice...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I'm a hopelessly addicted inert ordnance collector, as the handle might imply.  Been gathering for about 50 years, mainly hand and rifle grenades, rifle launchers, 40mm grenades and launchers, mortar, mines, rockets, submunitions, demo gear, artillery, and a few bombs for good measure.  I like to say we can't all collect Colts and Winchesters.  Somebody has to gather up the weird shit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd love to get a complete S-Mine!

I do have two very nice Mk II's, the one on the right I picked up at the DACA show a couple weeks back, which was an overall yellow grenade that was then repainted OD, you can still see the original yellow peaking through...first overpaint I have had...it weren't cheap, but its damned nice...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/374866/20171201_233036-387023.JPG
View Quote
The S-mine I got out of Poland about 15 years ago on ebay of all places.  It was a ground dug but still complete and in good shape sans paint.  My MkII is about the same.  A ground dug training grenade from Ft Hood that I picked up at the last Mesquite gunshow for a whopping $20!  I replaced the damaged fuse assembly with one from Hayes O.  Then I bead blasted and painted the shell to represent a yellow overpaint.  IIRC mine was made at Crane.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
They are talking about INERT ordnance collectors Bryan...

Kidding! Super jealous!
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I found these at a local pawn shop not too long ago. Can't say I'm a collector but it's a start. Think I got like $75 in them. No clue what they are but I want some brass to go with them!

Link Posted: 12/11/2017 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I found these at a local pawn shop not too long ago. Can't say I'm a collector but it's a start. Think I got like $75 in them. No clue what they are but I want some brass to go with them!

https://i.imgur.com/EUgUEHb.jpg
View Quote
There should be markings stamped in the driving bands, but just by eye, starting at the right...37mm Target Practice projectile, 57mm AP Shot, and two 75mm AP Shot (although, its hard to see, if one has a 3 segment driving band, that could be 3" AP Shot, there is a slight difference in diameter between 75mm and 3"...)...very nice, and great price....

If you decide to part with one of the 75mm, let me know, I could use one!
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I do not remember his user name, but there is a member with a whole cabinet full of a AIM9 sidewinder and other assorted goodies.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is my S-mine.  

and the guts.

The MkII before

and after.  Ignore the huge yellow band. The cap I had covering the top slipped when i painted it.  I'll fix it one day.

Lastly I have a couple of these I just need to find transport tubes for them (at least three tubes)
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#18]
You need to take your PG2 out of your RPG7, and put your PG7 in it
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#19]
One of my new pick ups....a complete HE round for the German KwK 38 L/24 gun...used in the short barrel Stug III's and PzKfW IV's...

Pretty rare round, been looking for one for years....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I give the fuck up with this photo uploader, I can't get shit to come in right side up...
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a collection of Tank Destroyer stuff. 37mm 57mm 3", Bazooka, and inert rounds for all of them. Also rifle anti-tank grenades, but most all of it is packed up for the start of the display season next year.

Here's a couple of events from earlier years.....

Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Man I'd love to find an M3 around here to tow behind my GPW.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Go to G503.com, and go down to the Artillery section and let them know you are looking for one. Somebody just sold a live one, and another member sold one that was a repo.....

Tons (literally) of stuff is sold and bought legally there. Good folks there, and I have only seen one problem there, and it is a minor one. Product not delivered, but check not cashed either. Dealer says he never got it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Noticed a few inert rifle grenades.  I learned a bit about these from this video featuring Ian from Forgotten Weapons:

M1 Garand Rifle Grenades - How, Why, What?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Go to G503.com, and go down to the Artillery section and let them know you are looking for one. Somebody just sold a live one, and another member sold one that was a repo.....

Tons (literally) of stuff is sold and bought legally there. Good folks there, and I have only seen one problem there, and it is a minor one. Product not delivered, but check not cashed either. Dealer says he never got it.
View Quote
I watch the arty section.  I'm just wanting to luck into something that needs some work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Tankdriver, that is so cool, one day I would love to own my own artillery piece....I am going to see my buddy Thursday who owns an M8, and a 37mm AT gun....pick up some more ordnance...I think this time a German 8cm mortar, and a Russian 45mm Arrowhead round....

Here is the PaK 40 and container I picked up along with the KwK 38 round...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Here is some smaller caliber stuff....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Nice....

Do you know Marshal at Ordnance.com?

He is a big time collector. He has a pallet of 16" training projectiles, and training bags of powder. He also picked up, I think last year, a 16" breech from a battleship. It had been converted to a hydraulic press. He is going to put it back right and do a loading display with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is a useful reference site; most of you probably know about it already:

http://www.uxoinfo.com/blogcfc/client/index.cfm
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I really want an inert RPG-7 rocket for my launcher.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nice....

Do you know Marshal at Ordnance.com?

He is a big time collector. He has a pallet of 16" training projectiles, and training bags of powder. He also picked up, I think last year, a 16" breech from a battleship. It had been converted to a hydraulic press. He is going to put it back right and do a loading display with it.
View Quote
No, I don't know him, bit like his website!

The biggest I have is a 155mm projectile, and that's very heavy and hard to move around....couldn't even imagine a 16"! But it would look great as a pair at the front corners of my driveway!
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I really want an inert RPG-7 rocket for my launcher.
View Quote
Yeah, I need one for my -2.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Would love to get a pair of 16" powder bags to use as end pillows on man room couch

I have a BTM-71A TOW Trainer projo that is missing the 4 rear fins so I am having new fins cast from two originals I found on a booster motor locally.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#33]
I realize it’s an old post but I’m I terested in finding some decent 60mm inert rounds or the more recent type for the M224 60mm similar to the one on the right of your picture.  Used to be a 60mm gunner in the 101st and would like to start getting a few to throw on the wall.  Any good sources?  Thx.  Nice  set btw.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I kinda stopped at 30mm, but have a few things in 37 and 40mm.

Going to SLICS this year?

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I wish I'd stopped at 30mm, or 40mm, or 50mm... I'm expecting some 120mm and 125mm deliveries in early April.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wish I'd stopped at 30mm, or 40mm, or 50mm... I'm expecting some 120mm and 125mm deliveries in early April.
View Quote
The shelf space you see is what I have for large ord. Small stuff has to fit into cabinets, locked from small fingers
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Live DD cannons?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The shelf space you see is what I have for large ord. Small stuff has to fit into cabinets, locked from small fingers
View Quote
Fair enough! I'm lucky to be in a situation where I have a separate, locked building which serves as my workspace and display area, so I have quite a bit of display space. If I had just that shelf, I wouldn't have the big stuff hanging around either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fair enough! I'm lucky to be in a situation where I have a separate, locked building which serves as my workspace and display area, so I have quite a bit of display space. If I had just that shelf, I wouldn't have the big stuff hanging around either.
View Quote
I dream, but just have a garage.

the 20mm projectiles you see are for my 20x102 cannon. Should be loaded one day with some incendiary mix :)
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad to hear it! IM11 really does work wonders.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#41]
It was an outstanding day at the Ft Worth Gunshow Saturday for ordnance!

Picked up 4 linked 25mm Bushmaster M910 TPDS-T rounds, a rare 30mm GAU-9/A (competitor to the A-10's GAU-8/A) in link, a Russian 30x165 round, and a Czech F1 Practice grenade!

Happy camper this weekend...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Awesome.

I got one of those 30mm Russian rounds recently. trying to remember where I found it. They're nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Awesome.

I got one of those 30mm Russian rounds recently. trying to remember where I found it. They're nice.
View Quote
I bought it from these guys, along with a PGU40 dummy and some projectiles for my 20mm
https://gunandsurplus.com/Inert-Ordnance-Rounds
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I bought it from these guys, along with a PGU40 dummy and some projectiles for my 20mm
https://gunandsurplus.com/Inert-Ordnance-Rounds
View Quote
Cool, thanks for the link, they have some cool stuff...

The best place to buy the Russian 30x165 is Numrich...they sell the single, by the can of 18, or crate of 54....for the 18 round can they come out to $18 each, you can sell at $35-$45 each, so good money to be made...I may just buy a can for stock...
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the link, they have some cool stuff...

The best place to buy the Russian 30x165 is Numrich...they sell the single, by the can of 18, or crate of 54....for the 18 round can they come out to $18 each, you can sell at $35-$45 each, so good money to be made...I may just buy a can for stock...
View Quote
All we need are links for them ;)
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fine...just don't buy them all out on me....

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/category/dummy-ammo

PS...hey did you bid on a 30mm WECOM experimental cartridge on eBay a week or so ago?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

PS...hey did you bid on a 30mm WECOM experimental cartridge on eBay a week or so ago?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. I was bidding and stuff was getting yanked by ebay, so I started emailing people to contact me directly if the listings got yanked (like a M55A1 projectile did).
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I did. I was bidding and stuff was getting yanked by ebay, so I started emailing people to contact me directly if the listings got yanked (like a M55A1 projectile did).
View Quote
I was selling it...thought your username looked familiar....yeah, eBay pisses me off with their bullshit with that...I also had two cut down Navy 3 Pounder cases listed, as trench art vases....they booted those, left the WECOM round....

I have more doubles to sell, I am going to give it a shot...they might get kicked, but you usually get top dollar on eBay...
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#49]
The freight company brought me a present today. Sorry about the potato pic, better than nothing!

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The freight company brought me a present today. Sorry about the potato pic, better than nothing!

https://i.imgur.com/GF0lkCs.jpg?2
View Quote
NICE!

@98kGuy sent you an email
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top