Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 6/9/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
Look for ideas on an approximate value of an excellent condition Colt SP1 with a married aluminum conversion DIAS.  Any ideas what these are going for?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
What's the Form 4 say?
View Quote

It's on a Form 1. DIAS is married to the lower as the conversion device. Dias is engraved per notes on the form 1
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What's engraved on the DIAS ?

Who is listed as the "maker" on the F1 ?

Little details make a big difference.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a pre 1986 Form 1? Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green_Label] [#5]
It is a pre-86 form 1 yes.

The maker is the individual who it is registered to. The dias is engraved with the last few digits of the SP1's serial number followed by "WW" (registered owners initials), and city + state, per requirements of the form 1.

No modifications to the rifle itself.

The guy bought a dias, had an SP1, form 1'd it for registration, installed dias into the SP1, shot it once or twice and never touched it sense.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If it were 3 years ago I would say $16k, but with how the MG market going crazy couple years ago, possibly $24k to $30k. I've seen higher prices but don't know if it sold.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
If it were 3 years ago I would say $16k, but with how the MG market going crazy couple years ago, possibly $24k to $30k. I've seen higher prices but don't know if it sold.
View Quote

I can't find any examples of a married dias guns selling in recent past. But I see registered receivers in the 25-30k range. Figuring a married dias would be the least desirable out of any transferrable M16 style, I was thinking 15k?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll probably have a lot of takers at$15k. Some of these buyers don't know the difference..
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:48:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Green_Label:

I can't find any examples of a married dias guns selling in recent past. But I see registered receivers in the 25-30k range. Figuring a married dias would be the least desirable out of any transferrable M16 style, I was thinking 15k?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Green_Label:
Originally Posted By Ryo:

It's all going to boil down to how your F1 has everything listed.

If the maker engraved all the necessary info on the sear, and registered it as a "conversion device", but annotated the F1 as "being installed in Colt SP1 ser # XXXXX", it isn't necessarily "married"

If the F1 registration is for the (unmodified) host its self, with no mention of a "conversion device", or "sear", then I wouldn't even mess with it....
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:

It's all going to boil down to how your F1 has everything listed.

If the maker engraved all the necessary info on the sear, and registered it as a "conversion device", but annotated the F1 as "being installed in Colt SP1 ser # XXXXX", it isn't necessarily "married"

If the F1 registration is for the (unmodified) host its self, with no mention of a "conversion device", or "sear", then I wouldn't even mess with it....
View Quote

The rifle is listed on the form 1. The dias is described as the conversion device in the notes by the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Tough one to price. The DIAS isn’t going to wear out, so I’d treat it essentially like a converted Colt sp1, albeit a little less desirable.

I would personally price it at $20k. I bet it would sell at that price rather quickly. It may be worth attempting to divorce the sear from the lower via ATF, given that it has info engraved on the sear. If that’s successful, it’s worth considerably more as we all know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If you’re selling I would say $25k plus would be a starting point. If you’re buying start at $20k and be prepared to pay up to $25k. Most non-Colt RR are going for $26k at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I cannot post the form 1 publically but I can scan and email a redacted version, if someone would be willing to look it over and see if the sear would be divorcable?
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top