Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2018 6:46:03 PM EDT
Howdy all,

If you don't mind me inquiring....thoughts on market value of an Inland M2 F/A Carbine.
The gun is supposed to be factory original, circa 1945.  If that is true, what is the gun worth?

An education of sorts is appreciated.
Anything to look for or look out for?

Thanks in advance.
-CG
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to say I've seen them for around 12k.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out machinegunpriceguide.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
M2s can really vary in price.

At the low end you have guns from in the $7K to $8K range for a non-USGI M1 (Plainfield, Ivers, etc.) that was converted by a 3rd party.

Up from there, you step into the $8 to $9K range for a run of the mill USGI receiver that was converted.

Step up a bit from there gets you into the $9 to $10k range for a USGI converted "desirable "receiver like a Winchester or Rock-ola.

The $10 to 11K range is for verifiable C&R factory M2 carbine's that are either roll marked M1 or over-stamped M2.  (These would be either Winchester or Inland)

The top of the registered receiver pyramid at $11 to $13K range are the verified C&R "M2" marked Inland and Winchester.  (with Winchester guns being more valuable than Inland)

Then there are the registered M2 conversion kits that range from $10K to $12K.

If you are one of the big/reputable dealers out there, add another grand to the price ranges above.

So your guns value would depend if its a verifiable C&R Inland M2 and if the rollmark on the receiver is a clean M2 rollmark.    If both of those conditions are met that you are probably in the $11 to $12K range if you are willing to wait for the right buyer.

If you want it sold quickly a $10K range pricetag would probably move it in a reasonable timeframe and a sub $10K pricetag would move it pretty quick.

M2s seem to be somewhat slow movers as there are always plenty of them for sale as they seem to be pretty ubiquitous in the NFA marketplace.

For reference I picked up a run of the mill USGI M1 converted to M2 registered receiver gun for $7200 back in the March timeframe and that gun sold in a couple hours of being posted.  (I was second in line after the first buyer flaked and didn't send his payment)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top