Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 8:08:13 PM EDT
There's always new AR stuff. Most of it just isn't that exciting to me. The last thing I never new I needed was the CMMG guard 9mm upper. Anything out this year that looks great for an auto?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The angstadt arms UDP-9 looks very interesting. It’s really an mp5 upper made to fit the AR lower. If Angstadt doesn’t already make a linkage to trip the M16 autosear, it would not be too difficult to design and manufacture. Parker Mountain Machine already makes one for the SigSauer USA mpx.

This video from SHOT Show has good details of the bolt group.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The angstadt arms UDP-9 looks very interesting. It's really an mp5 upper made to fit the AR lower. If Angstadt doesn't already make a linkage to trip the M16 autosear, it would not be too difficult to design and manufacture. Parker Mountain Machine already makes one for the SigSauer USA mpx.

This video from SHOT Show has good details of the bolt group.
View Quote
Yeah...but I bet it will run over 1000 RPM and probably nothing you can do about it to slow it down.

I've got a PMM trip in my MPX and it also shoots too fast.  Also have the ILWT 4 position regulator and it didn't.   I wish I never bought the MPX.   Cyclic rate too high and a crappy suppressor host and I can't do anything about either of those issues.

I would think the Angstadt would be good suppressor host though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
More 9mm stuff doesn't do much for me. I've got the CMMG Guard running smooth.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah...but I bet it will run over 1000 RPM and probably nothing you can do about it to slow it down.

I've got a PMM trip in my MPX and it also shoots too fast.  Also have the ILWT 4 position regulator and it didn't.   I wish I never bought the MPX.   Cyclic rate too high and a crappy suppressor host and I can't do anything about either of those issues.

I would think the Angstadt would be good suppressor host though.
http://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/MPX-RoF-527x1024.jpg
View Quote
Tungsten powder filled carrier and proper locking piece would correct that. Just like the MP5K. Mine is much slower with a 28 locking piece.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tungsten powder filled carrier and proper locking piece would correct that. Just like the MP5K. Mine is much slower with a 28 locking piece.
View Quote
Really?...I'm talking about getting in the 600's....I don't think that is possible in any MP5 variant...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Really?...I'm talking about getting in the 600's....I don't think that is possible in any MP5 variant...
View Quote
Yeah you have different needs/wants than me. I hate a ROF that low. I don’t even enjoy shooting my full-size UZI without a buffer to speed it up. 7-800 is the sweet spot for me.

My mp5-n is about perfect for my needs.

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah you have different needs/wants than me. I hate a ROF that low. I don't even enjoy shooting my full-size UZI without a buffer to speed it up. 7-800 is the sweet spot for me.

My mp5-n is about perfect for my needs.
View Quote
I used to be the same way until I started shooting SMG matches that have no shoots mixed in with the targets and hostage targets mixed in and you are forced to keep the selector on auto.

I'm already using a #28 locking piece as well.

With the cyclic rate in the 600's and 700's, I can pull singles all day.  My Mini UZI with the tungsten heavy bolt runs at about 750RPM and I can consistently pull singles.  I think having a mushy trigger helps.  
Full size MP5 is still takes too much of my concentration to pull singles at the rate below.

With the CMMG RDB, I can control the cyclic rate to whatever I want from the 500's to over a 1000 if I want to by taking advantage of various buffer options like the hydraulics and using flat springs. Plus using a Geissele SSF and last round BHO and superior ergonomics than the MP5.

I'm hoping the MEAN Arms roller delayed works out and I think it will be the ultimate for me.

Hybrid CMMG Guard vs MP5K PDW
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
PSA Jackal? not sure if bcg is fa
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I asked about FA function in a thread in their Industry sub-forum and they didn't answer. My guess is that it is not gonna run FA but I hope I'm wrong.
The other negative is you'd have to send it back to PSA for barrel swaps.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really want the jakl to be a home run, but my optimism is peppered with the fact that this is PSA. It will likely be several iterations before a viable product is made.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top