Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2021 12:02:06 PM EDT
I’m doing a 9mm build and the XRT cups  look pretty nice . Anyone use them on 9mm ? I see lots of reviews on their .22 stuff so I know they are quality  but unsure as to how they will sound.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't hesitate for such calibers as .25 & .32. I don't think it would be terrible on 9mm. Just don't expect that which a full size would provide. I think I'd prefer more Ti or Al components, to shed weight and decrease the need for a booster (if pistol is your focus).
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't hesitate for such calibers as .25 & .32. I don't think it would be terrible on 9mm. Just don't expect that which a full size would provide. I think I'd prefer more Ti or Al components, to shed weight and decrease the need for a booster (if pistol is your focus).
View Quote

They have full sized tubes and cups , stainless blast baffle and the rest titanium. Specifically I’m looking at the 1.355 cones they make.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They have full sized tubes and cups , stainless blast baffle and the rest titanium. Specifically I’m looking at the 1.355 cones they make.
View Quote

I apologize. I thought you were asking about using the 22 sized cones for 9mm. I don't see why that same design should be anything but great for 9mm (appropriately sized). I still don't see the need for SS, on a 9mm design. I'd have no qualms w/ an all Al design, save for maybe a Ti mount and BB. 9mm doesn't require progressive spacing so baffles can always be rotated around (to decrease single baffle over erosion).
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I apologize. I thought you were asking about using the 22 sized cones for 9mm. I don't see why that same design should be anything but great for 9mm (appropriately sized). I still don't see the need for SS, on a 9mm design. I'd have no qualms w/ an all Al design, save for maybe a Ti mount and BB. 9mm doesn't require progressive spacing so baffles can always be rotated around (to decrease single baffle over erosion).
View Quote

It’s for a machine gun
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:It’s for a machine gun
View Quote

So were the M-10 & M-11 suppressors
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So were the M-10 & M-11 suppressors
View Quote

That is a fair point
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top