Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2024 9:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rakkasan1187]
Anyone try the RC3 suppressor on their SR-15 CQB yet? I'm currently running a Sandman S with 556 end cap. It's not very quiet and pretty gassy. Looking at maybe grabbing an RC3 or CRS PRT. Really hate the gas to the face. Time to upgrade to a flow through.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not yet, but I’m curious.

I want to replace my QDC CQB. Not because it’s loud. Because it’s flashy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FRBaseball:
Yes I have. It’s awesome.
View Quote

Can you elaborate? Anything you can compare it to?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone has compared the RC3 and the CRS PRT please let us know your thoughts. I'm itching to get one or the other soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:23:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CSGroup] [#5]
CRS PRT on the CQB all day.  Ive ran several thousand through mine, about 1/3 of them FA, no issues at all.  I prefer running with Super 42 spring and H3.  It is much less gassy than anything non flow through, comparable to the RC3, Velos, Flow556k in terms of increased bolt speed.  With my setup on a clean and oiled gun I get 2pm ejection using 5.56 brass ammo, no gas to face, it's decently quiet with more of a thump than a hiss.  I will say it is quieter than flow556k.  Ive shot them back to back and the flow had my ears ringing, no issues on the CRS PRT without ear pro (albeit for a handful of rounds).

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DustyHeaters] [#6]
Knight’s Armament SR-15 CQB w/ MAMS & QDC CRS PRT 5.56 Suppressor

Knight’s Armament SR-15 CQB w/ MAMS & QDC MCQ PRT 5.56 Suppressor
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for sharing these posts. I’d really like to get my hands on a black CRS.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
CRS PRT on the CQB all day.  Ive ran several thousand through mine, about 1/3 of them FA, no issues at all.  I prefer running with Super 42 spring and H3.  It is much less gassy than anything non flow through, comparable to the RC3, Velos, Flow556k in terms of increased bolt speed.  With my setup on a clean and oiled gun I get 2pm ejection using 5.56 brass ammo, no gas to face, it's decently quiet with more of a thump than a hiss.  I will say it is quieter than flow556k.  Ive shot them back to back and the flow had my ears ringing, no issues on the CRS PRT without ear pro (albeit for a handful of rounds).

https://i.imgur.com/AxxvYqG.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for sharing! We're you able to compare it aide by side with a RC3?

I like Rooftops backpressure testing. The RC3 had a little less backpressure, but the CRS PRT spanked it in flash and handled the heat much better.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive ran the Rc3 and didn't notice a difference in back pressure compared to the CRS.  Tone is similar.  To me the CRS has a better mounting solution and has more durability.  (Not that your average civilian is going to burn down a RC3 but hey...).  The baffles on this thing are thick as hell and to me it looks like it would take serious long term abuse to burn through that blast baffle.  In the Rooftop videos the CRS outperformed every other can in terms of durability under stress as it appeared to have plenty of rounds to go after blowing through the 100 round belt.  The RC3 was popsickle red, like glowing, much like the velos and the others.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I forgot to mention, the CRS 556 has the best flash suppression of any can ive used on 556.  This was the most impressive aspect of the can being its only 6.25 inches.  We did a night shoot a few weeks ago and had about 10 cans there.  We ran them all back to back with 55 grain federal 5.56 and the CRS beat them all.  I don't remember every one but we had sandman S with 5.56 flashhider, flow 556k, Velos, YHM turbo t2, RC2, RC3, M42k and a few more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the incite on these suppressors guys. I ordered a CRS PRT from PSD today. Can't wait to get it! Should be a big step up from my Sandman S. Problem is, I will probably want the 762 version when I can get my hands on one now as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top