Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:03 PM EDT
Looking for a skinner style knife, very similar to these. Any suggestions on an American made blade in this style? Open on steel types, would prefer a lower maintenance option.

Attachment Attached File

I would go for this Boker, Attachment Attached File
the belly on the blade is nice and the overall size is what I’m looking for. Just do not want to buy Chinese. Like to stay in the 100-200 range.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Buck 103 Pro is what I first think of but it's a little bigger with a 4" blade. S35VN

Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter. S30V or S90V
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a Nessmuk thread on the next page.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a Nessmuk thread on the next page.
View Quote

Beautiful knives, but I believe doubleplusgoods stuff is going to be out of my price range.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the hidden canyon hunter. It’s an amazing little blade.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
+1 on the hidden canyon hunter. It’s an amazing little blade.
View Quote

@hiih8r
You have the s30v or s90v? Never used any of the “super steels”, any issues, how’s the sharpening and what are using to sharpen. Looks like a great design, very similar to what I’m looking for.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Beautiful knives, but I believe doubleplusgoods stuff is going to be out of my price range.
View Quote

Doesn’t hurt to ask.  

LT Wright makes some that style as well.

I don’t see their Nessmuk on their web sight right now, but they have the northern hunters

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the help. Doubleplusgood offered to make a knife for me. Really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help. Doubleplusgood offered to make a knife for me. Really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.
View Quote
Won't disappoint.  
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top