Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:01:35 AM EDT
Anyone making a complete FN FNC Upper reviver and sell it as a Title 1 firearm?

I always want buy fn Fnc beater upper so I can save my original upper.

Does anyone have a new sources for parts?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
No...not that im aware of. I still wish i bought a sear before they made the jump from 3k to 10k.. but hosts and parts really outway the savings over a supported platform..and is why a lightning link is more desirable than a fn fnc sear and host .

Sooner or latter someone will be making parts/hosts. So hang in there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Know any Indonesians?  If we could find someone who could get chummy with their LE or military, 100 bolt and carrier sets would go a long way relieving the FNC spares issue...

I knew an Indonesian guy where I worked 20 plus years ago, dude would have been game for it...
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No...not that im aware of. I still wish i bought a sear before they made the jump from 3k to 10k.. but hosts and parts really outway the savings over a supported platform..and is why a lightning link is more desirable than a fn fnc sear and host .
View Quote
I have the same regret about not buying when Sears were 3k. I also think an RLL or RR 16 is a much better buy. So given that, how is the market supporting 12k to 18k fnc's? To me, they just aren't worth the current asking prices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have the same regret about not buying when Sears were 3k. I also think an RLL or RR 16 is a much better buy. So given that, how is the market supporting 12k to 18k fnc's? To me, they just aren't worth the current asking prices.
View Quote
I don't think FNCs are really moving at $18K...but that is just me.

At $12K they make a nice second rifle caliber machineguns for folks collections who have an  M11 or Uzi and an M16 and now want another 5.56 caliber machinegun that is different/foreign/exotic and which may not see a ton of rounds downrange.  They also maybe cannot or are not willing to spend $30 to $40K for an HK sear + host..... which is commonly the next progression of the NFAIDS disease after getting a entry level subgun and M16.

Personally I agree with you that a RLL is a more flexible machinegun if that is going to be your one transferable or you don't have an M16 yet.    However, once that m16 itch is scratched and owners go out looking for the next rifle caliber machinegun and probably many times that next rifle caliber machinegun is an FNC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
FNC's are extremely well made guns and are quite accurate as well. The recoil in full auto is very controllable and I actually prefer the FNC to the M16 in full auto for that very reason. The 3 round burst fully resets if you only shoot one or two rounds, where the M16 you only get what you didn't shoot on the previous trigger pull. Could be only one or two. FNC has a 2 position gas setting and rock solid folding stock and uses M16 mags also. Down side there is no last round bolt hold open, and of course the parts availability problem. Only thing I can't understand is why DSA or Palmetto State Armory won't get into the FNC modernization game.  Especially PSA since they have ties with FN and access to manufacturing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#6]
These days the fnc is reaching aug and ak territory. Id rather get one of those. I do regret not getting the tsc machine fnc mod. He put hk markings, made a flared magwell, amd also threw in thr acr stock adapter. Gorgeous and tactical.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
THE FNC ROCKS.

I love mine.  Best FA deal out there (still).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Is $13k buy-it-now territory?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought an 80% upper receiver FN-FNC flat from a C2 mfg. out of FL called Atlas Armament.  Unfortunately, he didn't make a jig so you could bend it so I am working on one myself.
He marketed a beautiful replica of the Swedish AK5 stock as well that I bought.  There are parts like bolt carriers out there if you post a WTB ad on the gunboards.  Some parts from the SCAR 16 can be
adapted to the FNC.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
THE FNC ROCKS.

I love mine.  Best FA deal out there (still).
View Quote
How do you figure?  For a $3-4 thousand more you can get an M16 variant which is a better gun and doesn't require cannibalizing a $3k for spare parts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bought an 80% upper receiver FN-FNC flat from a C2 mfg. out of FL called Atlas Armament.  Unfortunately, he didn't make a jig so you could bend it so I am working on one myself.
He marketed a beautiful replica of the Swedish AK5 stock as well that I bought.  There are parts like bolt carriers out there if you post a WTB ad on the gunboards.  Some parts from the SCAR 16 can be
adapted to the FNC.
View Quote
I would like a jig if you’re making them.

Really need FNC trunion, bolt rails, ejector, etc. These seem like easy to make parts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#12]
TBA suppressors makes a rail for the FNC.

Also....alot of stuff from the SCAR16 can fit the FNC.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How do you figure?  For a $3-4 thousand more you can get an M16 variant which is a better gun and doesn't require cannibalizing a $3k for spare parts.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:28:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
TBA suppressors makes a rail for the FNC.

Also....alot of stuff from the SCAR16 can fit the FNC.
View Quote
Can you elaborate on what fits the FNC from the SCAR 16?  All I heard was the stock and charging handel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can you elaborate on what fits the FNC from the SCAR 16?  All I heard was the stock and charging handel.
View Quote
The stock absolutely does not fit. The FCG looks adaptable, which means that a Geissele FCG will like work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:12:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone have any idea what a real FNC upper is worth? It has the bolt, carrier and recoil setup in it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Know any Indonesians?  If we could find someone who could get chummy with their LE or military, 100 bolt and carrier sets would go a long way relieving the FNC spares issue...

I knew an Indonesian guy where I worked 20 plus years ago, dude would have been game for it...
View Quote
According to a Belgian collector, Paco, on fnctalk, the pindad guns aren’t exactly cross compatible with FNCs. He has a pindad and many FNCs.

His exact words were “I would not try to swap an FN bolt to a Pindad...
It's like the FN FAL and L1A1. They look the same but not exactly.”
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?87802-FNC-Parts/page2

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?86181-Rare-Belgian-Army-FN-FNC-M3-versus-original-indonesian-Pindad-SS1-V1-part1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top