Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2021 3:40:04 PM EDT
I just aquired a charles era jr registered Vickers and would like to learn more about them. This one has the .303 and 7.62x54R kit.  The 54R kit destroys the cases and doesn't run long before a case gets stuck so we had a smith run a reamer and recharger it with a sleeve but never really worked all that great. Figured some one near by has already been through these and maybe even has the gauges to make sure everything is in spec.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
If you ask this over on 1919a4.com, there are a ton of real helpful and knowledgeable folks over there who specialize in these older belt feds that will bend over backward to help someone out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ask this over on 1919a4.com, there are a ton of real helpful and knowledgeable folks over there who specialize in these older belt feds that will bend over backward to help someone out.
View Quote

Awesome!  I’ll make a profile over there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The brass being destroyed because the barrel is a 303 barrel that has had a 7.62X54R reamer in the chamber to convert it. This typically leaves a double shoulder on the brass after it has been shot and ejected. Running a reamer into the barrel might have made your case separation problem worse. You need to check the headspace and adjust it as required and your case separation might be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Basically what was said above. Bob Naess of Black River Militaria makes a proper Vickers 54R barrel from Finnish donor.

Drop me a line if you need anything else. I also have a Vickers in TX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top