Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2018 10:40:37 PM EDT
Just wanna know if anyone here bought a set. Does it come with the butt plate on the stock? How was the finish? Satin, glossy?

Bought myself a Big Boy .44 for my birthday last month and love figured walnut.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No but I'm curious as well.  My current project is a .45 Mares Leg that I'm going to convert to a SBR.  I just drilled & tapped the receiver for a Skinner sight and want to order a fancy walnut stock set.  They don't make one for this model so I'll have to modify a carbine forearm but that won't be too hard.

Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks nice. After I got my rifle, I seen the mares Leg for the 1st time and now want one also (for the same reason, SBR). Was just gonna use the stock that's on the rifle now for the mares leg (when the stamp comes back) after I get the fancy wood.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well said eff-it and just ordered it a few minutes ago (with a large loop lever). I hope it comes with the brass butt plate also. May put some minwax poly on it (I prefer real wood stocks to have a deep gloss. Just have a thing for it).
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Rob shoot me a message if you want to get rid of your old lever.  I was going to modify mine to make something more like the DRC type lever but want a replacement if I mess it up lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Stock does come with the brass butt plate. Wood looks great. Its satin finish. Have to wait until it warms up next week to put some poly in a hidden spot on the handguard to see if I like it that way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Said hell with it and put it together.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top