Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 7:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: taymag]
Anyone have both and think the sidewinder is a brick? I had the Tiapan TM19-384 and got rid of it for the TM25-384 Sidewinder but think I’m going to just get the 25 Tiapan, anyone have an opinion?

I’m guessing the TM25 sidewinder has a slightly better picture than the TM25 Tiapan and the controls are better (focus ring, etc) but I’m fine without that, the biggest plus would be the batteries
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By taymag:
Anyone have both and think the sidewinder is a brick? I had the Tiapan TM19-384 and got rid of it for the TM25-384 Sidewinder but think I’m going to just get the 25 Tiapan, anyone have an opinion?

I’m guessing the TM25 sidewinder has a slightly better picture than the TM25 Tiapan and the controls are better (focus ring, etc) but I’m fine without that, the biggest plus would be the batteries
View Quote

I really like the image quality of my Sidewinder.  I really like the build quality.  The menus are fantastic and the unit is really easy to use.

Having said that, I hate the form factor.  It's like holding onto a giant 2X4.  There's nothing about the unit that allows me to index it properly.  It's a cylinder and every time I extract it from my pouch to scan, I always have to orient it.  I'd rather use a non symmetrical design that I can intuitively index.

It's a shame because the Sidewinder punches way above its weight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
lol Yeah I hear ya, have you ever held the Tipan or compared? Sidewinder is quality, but I don’t think people realize how big it is
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By taymag:
lol Yeah I hear ya, have you ever held the Tipan or compared? Sidewinder is quality, but I don’t think people realize how big it is
View Quote

I haven't.

I would imagine that there's a pretty sizeable difference going off of what you're saying.

The Sidewinder really is...huge.

I was thinking about trying an Iray IRIS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Top Top