Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2022 8:19:39 PM EDT
Longshot, I know, but...

Apparently, in 1980, my mother had a musket made for my father. Engraved on the top of the octogonal barrel (Kentucky Rifle, near as I can tell) is "G.P. DiCesare", dated 1980. I'm uploading photos shortly, but I'm just wondering if anyone's heard of him, was his work any good, etc.

I'm hanging onto the rifle (my father recently passed); I'm just trying to document what it is.

Photos will be up as soon as they finish uploading and I can edit/clean/etc them..
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try Track of the Wolf, I do believe they are in Elk River. They may be able to help.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your father, I too lost my father a couple years ago.
Very nice looking rifle! A nice heirloom to remember him by.
Go to AmericanLongRifles.com
Many well versed rifle builders, I’m sure they would know. There is a rifle builders forum.
If you don’t want to join up with them, I could ask the question for you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds like it may be the guy. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/paoli-pa/gerald-dicesare-8902145

OBITUARY -- Gerald Paul DiCesare

FEBRUARY 14, 1932 – OCTOBER 24, 2019

Gerald P. DiCesare passed away peacefully on October 24, 2019 at his home in Wayne, PA. He was born February 14, 1932 in Newburgh, NY. Gerry graduated from Oswego State Teachers College in Oswego, NY in 1954 with a degree in Industrial Arts. After graduation, he served two years in the US Army Signal Corps at Fort Richardson in Alaska. He then worked as an Industrial Arts teacher, Guidance Counselor and School Administrator at North Junior High School in Newburgh, NY. He retired in 1989. Gerry was an avid woodworker and furniture maker, as well as a collector of Pennsylvania Long Rifles. He was a past President of The Kentucky Rifle Association and a member of the Pennsylvania Antique Gun Collector Association. For over fifty years, Gerry and his wife Barbara (Beckwith) DiCesare, a retired Home Economics teacher he met at North Junior High, spent their summers on Lake Champlain in Willsboro, NY. Gerry is survived by his wife Barbara, daughter Patricia (DiCesare) Rolfes, son-in-law Andrew Rolfes, and three grandchildren, Nicholas, Daniel and Megan Rolfes, all of Wayne, PA. Memorial mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Newburgh, NY at 11:00 AM on Saturday, November 9, 2019, preceded by visitation with friends and family beginning at 10:00 AM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top