Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 12:24:38 PM EDT
The tinnitus has been with me for years and I'd like to conserve what hearing I have left.    What is the best ear pro out there?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The tinnitus has been with me for years and I'd like to conserve what hearing I have left.    What is the best ear pro out there?
View Quote

DOUBLE ear pro is a thing for 50 BMG shooting - small foam earplugs in the ears, and the larger "muffs" over those. I wouldn't risk any further damage if you've already got problems.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DOUBLE ear pro is a thing for 50 BMG shooting - small foam earplugs in the ears, and the larger "muffs" over those. I wouldn't risk any further damage if you've already got problems.
View Quote

Double it up, and get some high NRR muffs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
As said above - double up.  Even better, instead of the squishy earplugs, get the ones where they custom-mold the silicone to your ear canals.  There's usually somebody with a booth at gun shows and whatnot.

For the muffs - I just go with max NRR - Pro Ears Ultra 33 is what I use.  They're big and chunky, but they work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
OpsCore AMP with the NFMI ear plugs. NRR is 34.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Use SRS Tactical out of Florida.  Superior service.

https://srstactical.com/all-products/headsets-and-hearing-protection.html

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OpsCore AMP with the NFMI ear plugs. NRR is 34.
View Quote

This is what I'm using. They work great!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been plenty comfortable with foam plugs under Sordins/Peltors
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top