Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2021 5:28:00 PM EDT
Is there any reason I couldn’t get a type 2 storage magazine an FEL and buy fuzes for form 1 grenades ?

For me the fuse is the only reason I haven’t form 1ed a grenade yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a business purpose in order to obtain a FEL.
ATF has said blowing stuff up for YouTube videos is a business purpose however. (They raided FPSRussia for not having one.)
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't be hard to have a pyrotechnics company as a side job. Light off some fireworks for the neighborhood haha

Pyro, Pest control, blasting, demonstrations. All viable business uses

You'll have more trouble convincing a company to sell you the fuzes than you will getting the FEL. And a DD FFL would be real handy to do it all.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you ordered the ATF orange book yet?

That would be the place to start. I looked into this in the past for obvious reasons, as staying legal in this profession is very important.

Also you need to find a location where you can set up your storage magazine, and get approval from the local fire department. If you live in a city you probably will have a hard time getting approval.

There are strict requirements on where you can build a magazine, how it must be constructed, how often you must visit it, etc.

As for the fuzes, those type of companies usually require bulk orders, which would probably be cost prohibitive for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Better have enough realestate on all sides for your storage magazine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Better have enough realestate on all sides for your storage magazine.
View Quote

There's a strange set of requirements laid out in the orange book.

Turns out you can have a magazine inside of a building which isn't a domicile and that pretty much removes distance requirements for small amounts of HE.

Very odd exception to the distances needed but extremely helpful to people with land and a few buildings but neighbors on all sides. It seems geared toward pyrotechnicians and similar.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You need a business purpose in order to obtain a FEL.
ATF has said blowing stuff up for YouTube videos is a business purpose however. (They raided FPSRussia for not having one.)
View Quote

Do you really? I thought you could get a federal explosive permit for non business personal use?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you really? I thought you could get a federal explosive permit for non business personal use?
View Quote
I think that is the difference between a FEP and a FEL.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
State laws.  

Here in WI, explosives licensing requirements are a HIGE PITA.  That’s the only reason I haven’t gone through the process for even a user’s certificate.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
After getting our FEL Type 20 to sell black powder, we have since asked ourselves the same exact question.  Few months ago we received our first order of M213 fuzes and we started building M67 grenades.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After getting our FEL Type 20 to sell black powder, we have since asked ourselves the same exact question.  Few months ago we received our first order of M213 fuzes and we started building M67 grenades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyorBqM-a90

View Quote

Could a individual not engaged in business, (provided they had enough land, the correct zoning, and no state law against it), obtain a FEP and form 1 one, and obtain the fuze/filler, just as a individual? Or would a FEP still require having a legitimate business reason?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I don’t think so.  Fuzes are heavily regulated.

FEP does not allow for manufacturing of explosives, only the usage and transportation.  We have a FEL type 20 manufacturing and dealer license which pretty much allows us free reign on all types of explosives including HE, LE, and fireworks.   Now a FFL 10 (Manufacture of Destructive devices) is required if you wanna manufacture DD's.  And you need both a HE FEL and a FFL 10 to do something like a hand grenade.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's one hell of a first post!

I've looked into the FEL as well, but as mentioned earlier, explosives in WI is a royal pain in the rear.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dang brother , what are you using them for ? And by that I mean who can you legally sell a grenade too?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dang brother , what are you using them for ? And by that I mean who can you legally sell a grenade too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He runs a MG rental place in western PA and will apparently be offering grenade throwing as an option.

I checked out his website and they only had a dynamite throw as an option as of a couple weeks ago.
Top Top