Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 12:39:55 PM EDT
I am just curious if anyone is utilizing a Shellback kit? Particular the Banshee Active Shooter Kit with Level IV 4S17 Plates.

I saw this kit recently and was impressed. Wanted to seek out if anyone has used their stuff before?

~Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Banshee Elite 2.0 and it is very comfortable, but a little bulkier compared to the minimalist carriers a lot of people prefer these days. It is extremely high quality. My only real gripe is that the shoulder straps are a bit thick with the buckles and the shoulder pads. Maybe the bulky shoulder pads is a training issue, but maybe not because it seems like a lot of newer carriers try to minimize shoulder strap bulk. I would probably opt for a carrier with tubes. The 3.0 has tubes, but it's pricier.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Banshee is great.  Even better with a BCS cumber w/ tubes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Banshee 2.0 user
My only complaint is the shoulder strap thickness. It's pretty unavoidable when shouldering the rifle, so you gotta train around that. Other than this, I don't have much to complain about. Like the other guy said, you can swap out cumberbunds, you can even snip off the front flap and replace it with a modular system if you want. There's already strapping to add on some buckle clips if you want to go this route.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been running an original banshee for years. Very happy. My shoulder straps are thinner than the 2.0.  Haven’t had it on for more than 5 hours, haven’t tried padded shoulder pads yet. Will do so soon.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve been running an original banshee for years. Very happy. My shoulder straps are thinner than the 2.0.  Haven’t had it on for more than 5 hours, haven’t tried padded shoulder pads yet. Will do so soon.
View Quote

This...

I have added padded shoulder pads to mine!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got the original banshee and it’s lived through a deployment, works fine for me
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Only gripe with the original is the shoulder straps - the nylon type used is very slick, and the straps loosen easily. Maybe this issue was remedied on later variants. Shoulder pads help a little with slippage, and a lot with comfort.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Banshee Elite, girlfriends got a Banshee Elite 2.

I think both are well made.  More to em than a JPC, but that was why I went with the Banshee.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Been using the original Banshee carrier for years and it is solid. Only grip is the nylon on the shoulder straps doesn't stay in place as well as I would like. Shoulder pads help but it could be better still. Rest of the carrier is solid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Another original Banshee owner here. I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got a rampage and it’s from China. The carrier not the plates.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hecho in China is a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Had the original and now the 2.0 elite. It’s excellent. Shoulder pads are a tad wonky but that’s an easy fix.  I added tubes to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I Fo'ed - Fast shipping and I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks for everyone's input.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole reason I went with the shellback is because someone said they were US made.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#16]
The SF plate carrier is nice
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The whole reason I went with the shellback is because someone said they were US made.
View Quote

Shellback is the company. They sell multiple plate carriers. Some are made in the US, some are imported.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Planning on buying some shoulder pads for mine.  Anyone use a quick detach cumberbund to avoid lifting the velcro panel holding mags?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Planning on buying some shoulder pads for mine.  Anyone use a quick detach cumberbund to avoid lifting the velcro panel holding mags?
View Quote

Yes, see my post above.  BCS skeletal w/ FS tubes.  Game changing shit right there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, see my post above.  BCS skeletal w/ FS tubes.  Game changing shit right there.
View Quote

I'll give it a go.  Didn't know what you had posted until I looked it up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tubes from blaze defense. Be prepared to wait a while though. Much like everything else they are backed up with tons of orders.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Have any of you guys tried any Velcro inserts in the front pouch? Not sure what would fit in there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#24]
They make a 2-mag shingle that velcros into it.  I have one,  tried it,  works okay.  I don't think the kangaroo pouch on these is quite wide enough for 3.

Several places make zippered openings for kangaroo pouches too, makes them a little more useful.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#25]
HUGE Thread on Shellback here, along with every other thought / suggestion on Carriers. Great topics for sure!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Have any of you guys tried any Velcro inserts in the front pouch? Not sure what would fit in there.
View Quote

I use a Haley Strategic double mag insert that uses their MP2 inserts (the HS version of the Kywi) on my original Banshee. The kangaroo pouch isn't big enough to fit 3 mags unless you forego the mag insert and just stuff mags in the pouch, but then there's no retention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top