Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2023 8:02:55 AM EDT
I can buy a SR25 lower at retail but really don’t want to bother if I can’t get a new upper. Seems like KAC puts out a load of something then pivots to something else; rinse and repeat….which is understandable, just curious if anyone has their ear to the ground over there in FL.
I don’t mind buying it and putting it in the safe if that’s what y’all recommend but if I buy it, I want to keep it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I would buy it. You can always resell it if needed and make money. I think we are done with the SR15 run and 25s should be around later this year (just my speculation of previous runs one of which I got my full 25 but also was able to get an upper).
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Dunno you might have to keep it if resale won’t be great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dunno you might have to keep it if resale won’t be great.
View Quote

Agree. Besides, I’m tired of the buy/sell/upgrade thing. Pretty sure I’ve lost money over the years trying to save a dollar!
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the actual retail MSRP price now? IIRC Arms Unlimited had some that were sub 2K a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the actual retail MSRP price now? IIRC Arms Unlimited had some that were sub 2K a few weeks back.
View Quote

SR25 lowers are just over $1600 MSRP, and 7.62 SR25 uppers are $4125 MSRP.  The 22" 6.5 CDMR upper is around $4400.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've gone ahead and bought it so gonna ditch my MARS-H and find an SR25 upper. I can be patient if needed. I'll likely buy the upper and shoot them side by side. I've long wrestled with the decision between the two and I don't like spending money needlessly but worst case, I figure I can sell the SR25 or MARS easily. Might as well take the opportunity and see how it goes.

Hopefully, the cyclic nature of KAC manufacturing favors some uppers soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought an APC upper and a lower separately. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Please PM me if you know where to find an APC upper
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:51:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Correction….I bought an APR, my bad.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correction….I bought an APR, my bad.
View Quote

Is this for your “I want only one rifle” project?  If so, excellent choice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is this for your “I want only one rifle” project?  If so, excellent choice.
View Quote

Yes…..and no. I may go with one rifle and one pistol; a SR30
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Super impressed with the SR30. Solid choice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad to hear that. I’ve only shot one 300blk; a PWS pistol. I actually have another PWS in the safe and will likely move it to help fund an optic for the APR. I bought it new, built one of their new ambi lowers, had it cerakoted ODG….and the SR30 dropped into my lap! Still haven’t fired it. Anyway, just strange how these things work out sometimes.

Mission Creep being what it is, I’ll probably in the end keep the APR, SR30 and a SR15 pistol. Shooting those should keep me busy enough!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top