BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been thinking about a 19x lately, but once I add suppressor sights and a threaded barrel I'm going to be close to the current Maxim prices..  Decisions, decisions.
View Quote
Get the Maxim!! It's way cooler than a 19x
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine!  A couple things to note - First, contrary to some popular meter data, mine seemed MUCH louder in the short configuration so I'm keeping the extra baffles in place.  Secondly, I must have gotten lucky because mine has a decent trigger from the factory.  I see no need to change it.  If anyone is on the fence still, jump!  Especially with prices coming down to around the $1,000 mark.  I followed this pistol from prototype/development stage until production and was very excited about it but had myself talked out of one because I simply don't "need" it.  Well, with current pricing I just couldn't make excuses anymore, had to have it.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
How is the gas and un-burnt powder blowback on the Maxim 9?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about a 19x lately, but once I add suppressor sights and a threaded barrel I'm going to be close to the current Maxim prices..  Decisions, decisions.
View Quote
I don't know if you follow the deal thread, but I posted in there that that "Rayzor's Edge" had a deal on one priced at $875 due to one of their distributors closing up shop. Probably gone by now, but work checking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How is the gas and un-burnt powder blowback on the Maxim 9?
View Quote
Very little blowback in the long configuration.  No peppering of unburnt powder on my forehead like I typically experience with a traditional suppressed pistol, just a tad on my forearms.  Short I did notice a little more blowback.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I shot mine for the first time today. Trigger won't reset 80% on the time.

Early gun, serial number 588.

Has anybody had this problem, or heard of it happening.

Plus, I bought it in the first release, so I paid waaaayyyyy to much. $1400.00, plus tax. Duh !!
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Plus, I bought it in the first release, so I paid waaaayyyyy to much. $1400.00, plus tax. Duh !!
View Quote
Man I hate to hear that!  Early production owners have mentioned a heavy trigger but this is the first I've heard of this issue.  I have no recommendation other than to contact Silencerco.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone mentioned in this thread that the early models had trigger issues. Might be worth giving silencerco a call. The only issue I've had was with the aftermarket MWS spring kit. The lightest one would give me light primer strikes, but the red spring fixed that up.

One thing I did notice about mine, is that it loves to be well oiled. I put an extra drop on the rear section of the frame, where sear drops, and actuate the trigger a number of times after.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Have had issues with light primer strikes on mine, all factory. It's sucks paying so much and waiting so long only to have issues.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got mine out of jail, 11 months total.  This included the ATF taking six weeks to mail the stamp to my dealer.

I love it.  it's the first time in a long time I shot a gun and thought:  this is awesome.

I shot 15 147 grain, which were fairly quiet.  then 10  subsonic which were very quiet BUT I had 3 FTF.  I only shoot Federal factory seconds, so could have been the ammo.  long config.  Gun was warm enough to be careful with.

Unfortunately, mine had a dead front tritium sight, so it's back at Sico.

I wish I didn't pay $1600 OTD.  If you all have a chance at $800 like in the deals thread, I highly recommend this gun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my maxim 9 out of jail 8 months or so after buying it.  I bought it at a premium of $1,600. MIT never pays to be an early adopter, except I'm probably the first one at any range I go to.  I was the first of the first three to get mine from nfa jail.  I did order the trigger kit as it was complete poop it is yay better and I changed to the red spring with lots of lite primer strikes before I switched.  I finally cleaned the baffles.  And used my standard silencer anti-seize thread lube type 13 high temp copper formula rated at temps up to 2000 .

My question is I'm wanting to get either the vortex venom or the Burris fastfire 3 but want them to eventually have co-witness sights.  Has anyone done this yet?  I don't really care which brand of iron sights just that they co-witness...  venom and fastfire 3 cause they are hundreds less than the other compatible sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my maxim 9 out of jail 8 months or so after buying it.  I bought it at a premium of $1,600. MIT never pays to be an early adopter, except I'm probably the first one at any range I go to.  I was the first of the first three to get mine from nfa jail.  I did order the trigger kit as it was complete poop it is yay better and I changed to the red spring with lots of lite primer strikes before I switched.  I finally cleaned the baffles.  And used my standard silencer anti-seize thread lube type 13 high temp copper formula rated at temps up to 2000 .

My question is I'm wanting to get either the vortex venom or the Burris fastfire 3 but want them to eventually have co-witness sights.  Has anyone done this yet?  I don't really care which brand of iron sights just that they co-witness...  venom and fastfire 3 cause they are hundreds less than the other compatible sights.
View Quote
I have a FF3 on mine. It sits up high enough that Glock suppressor height sights still would not clear to cowitness. You would have to have some really tall sights to cowitness.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
They were packaged as standard American Eagle, truncated cone.  They did sound great—quiet.

I’m impressed with my Maxim 9 and want to buy another one.  I wouldn’t sell a kidney tho OP.

I hope they make a 45
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone sort out a solid light solution for the Maxim 9? I know the Surefire has the X300 DG switch, but I've yet to see one specific to the Maxim 9. I called SF, and they don't have anything in the pipeline for such a thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone sort out a solid light solution for the Maxim 9? I know the Surefire has the X300 DG switch, but I've yet to see one specific to the Maxim 9. I called SF, and they don't have anything in the pipeline for such a thing.
View Quote
There really isn't anything.  This is the only drawback to the Maxim imo.  Mine is still in jail but I'm hoping that someone will release at minimum a laser or something that can tuck in between the suppressor housing and the trigger guard.  There is enough room.  But with the current price drops I think the gun will be discontinued long before the aftermarket makes anything for it.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There really isn't anything.  This is the only drawback to the Maxim imo.  Mine is still in jail but I'm hoping that someone will release at minimum a laser or something that can tuck in between the suppressor housing and the trigger guard.  There is enough room.  But with the current price drops I think the gun will be discontinued long before the aftermarket makes anything for it.  
View Quote
Closest non Surefire solution is the Streamlight with the remote switch.

In theory, the smaller pad might work if you use bicycle inner tubes, and the wire looks long enough. Awhile back, I remember reading a company that made a wireless switch/light combo that would be pretty cool to implement, but I forgot who makes them. Though at that point, my Maxim would have 3 things that require batteries to function. (RMR, Light, switch )
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Closest non Surefire solution is the Streamlight with the remote switch.

https://www.streamlight.com/images/default-source/product-large-images/tlr_remote-switch.jpg?sfvrsn=0

In theory, the smaller pad might work if you use bicycle inner tubes, and the wire looks long enough. Awhile back, I remember reading a company that made a wireless switch/light combo that would be pretty cool to implement, but I forgot who makes them. Though at that point, my Maxim would have 3 things that require batteries to function. (RMR, Light, switch )
View Quote
lol, yeah I'm just going to throw an RMR on mine and call it a day.  I'll have to hack at the holster to even make that work.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Gun pro deals sent an email today having these priced $829 in black or FDE.  Tempting.  I'd love to have an FDE if I got one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gun pro deals sent an email today having these priced $829 in black or FDE.  Tempting.  I'd love to have an FDE if I got one.
View Quote
Saw that but googling said that dealer is not always legit
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Dunno about that company.  The pricing they advertise sure is tempting.  Alot of folks here reference them so they could answer better how legit the company is.  The Maxim is a cool idea. Just not sure if I'd want an integral pistol and be committed to one caliber and host. But if I did it would have to be the FDE version.  I'm still leaning toward investing in a traditional pistol or sub gun can serving on several hosts even though it would cost more across the board.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Bunker Gun Shop in PA is selling them for $834 shipped to your dealer. I jumped in at price and can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bunker Gun Shop in PA is selling them for $834 shipped to your dealer. I jumped in at price and can't wait.
View Quote
Congrats!  You'll love it!  
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dunno about that company.  The pricing they advertise sure is tempting.  Alot of folks here reference them so they could answer better how legit the company is.  The Maxim is a cool idea. Just not sure if I'd want an integral pistol and be committed to one caliber and host. But if I did it would have to be the FDE version.  I'm still leaning toward investing in a traditional pistol or sub gun can serving on several hosts even though it would cost more across the board.
View Quote
Get a sub gun can for your PCC's and get a Maxim.  Once you get the Maxim I doubt you'll shoot the other hosts much, at least I know I won't.  I'd say my USP 9 Tac & MK25 will be retired once the Maxim is free from jail.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get a sub gun can for your PCC's and get a Maxim.  Once you get the Maxim I doubt you'll shoot the other hosts much, at least I know I won't.  I'd say my USP 9 Tac & MK25 will be retired once the Maxim is free from jail.
View Quote
Centerfire pistols suppressed are my least shot out of my collection. They are just clumsy. I'm looking forward to no sight blockage and having an overall more handy package.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Your all absolutely right.  The cost of buying some threaded barrels, the piston(s) etc..... plus a can for my handgun hosts would be considerably more expensive than just getting a Maxim if I just wanted a 9mm suppressed handgun.   With my current crop of hosts and wish list mostly subgun/PCC based I'd find more utility I think in getting a Wolf or an Omega 9 which is probably my next can investment. The Maxim is cool though and maybe one day I'll consider adding one to the arsenal here now that the pricing has come down on them quite a bit. Have fun shooting yours.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol, yeah I'm just going to throw an RMR on mine and call it a day.  I'll have to hack at the holster to even make that work.
View Quote
These guys have the mold (I bought it) and can make you an RMR compatible holster.  Better have a rigid belt . . . and maybe some suspenders.  

http://www.furycarrysolutions.com
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Getting the opportunity to shoot one of the prototypes as well as being an early adopter I've had the same sentiment for a while now. The Maxim goes with me hunting and to the range, the traditional setups stay at home (P226/Osprey9, 1911/Osprey45, P320/Octane45). With pricing under $1K, it is hard to justify a traditional pistol/can setup. The Maxim feels like a normal pistol, everything else feels like a pistol with a can hanging off of the end.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
These guys have the mold (I bought it) and can make you an RMR compatible holster.  Better have a rigid belt . . . and maybe some suspenders.  

http://www.furycarrysolutions.com
View Quote
I tried contacting them, back when you and I were chatting about getting them made, but I never got a response back. Did you happen to get yours? How do you like it? Might be a moot point, since getting a light to mount with a holster seems impossible.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The one I was looking at this weekend was priced $1,049, IIRC. I'm strongly considering putting it on layaway when I get my VA disability check next week (provided it's still there).
View Quote
I would at that price if you want one. It's a really good price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I tried contacting them, back when you and I were chatting about getting them made, but I never got a response back. Did you happen to get yours? How do you like it? Might be a moot point, since getting a light to mount with a holster seems impossible.
View Quote
Weird . . . it took about three weeks since they waited to order the mold until after I placed my order, but I did receive it and am happy with it.  I was only half kidding about the suspenders though.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Weird . . . it took about three weeks since they waited to order the mold until after I placed my order, but I did receive it and am happy with it.  I was only half kidding about the suspenders though.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350921/maxim-576008.JPG
View Quote
Man that's nice
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:29:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I just bought one. I couldn't resist the deals silencerco is running.

Spend $700 get a free rimfire, spend $800 get a free octane

Got a maxim9 and an octane for $827 pretax/transfer from Gunprodeal

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just did the same damn thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I’ve Ben shooting mine in NFA jail for 10 months, but I just brought it home! I switched it to the short configuration which I love the size of, but haven’t shot it that way yet.

Any other data to back up Mac’s ‘shorter configuration is quieter at the ear’ metering results? Or any one shoot long and short side by side have any input?

Also, where’s pics of the guns modded to accept shorter G19 mags?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Me too!  FDE this time...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm weary of the gunprodeal.  Product description is "SILENCERCO SU2258 MAXIM 9MM 1OF2 **GUN**"

Are they parsing it out into 2 pieces?  Gun and extension baffles?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm weary of the gunprodeal.  Product description is "SILENCERCO SU2258 MAXIM 9MM 1OF2 **GUN**"

View Quote
Maxim 9's have two serial numbers, one for the "pistol" and one for the "silencer".  That could be part of the reason for that description.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
My experience buying from these guys was beyond reproach, I doubt they'd do anything stupid like that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My experience buying from these guys was beyond reproach, I doubt they'd do anything stupid like that.
View Quote
OK thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@pool_shark (or anybody else that's dealt with it)

Is SiCo doing some type of fix/upgrade to these? I bought one today at a deal I couldn't pass up, and the MX9 SN is under 400 (the M9 is low 400s).

It's been sitting at the dealer for awhile. Can I go ahead and have them ship it back for a fix? Or should I test fire it first?

I'm assuming it's a known issue for them, with hopefully a known fix...so I'd rather send it back now.
View Quote
Mine is in the low 200s.  Zero issue with function, but I hated the feel/weight.  I ordered the MWS trigger kit from Capitol Armory . . . easy install and well worth the $30 in my opinion.  Feels so much better/lighter,  and at least for me, accuracy was much improved.  I've never seen anything official from SiCo regarding a trigger upgrade, but I'm sure if something was wrong (as opposed to just not great like mine) they would take care of it quickly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is SiCo doing some type of fix/upgrade to these? I bought one today at a deal I couldn't pass up, and the MX9 SN is under 400 (the M9 is low 400s).

It's been sitting at the dealer for awhile. Can I go ahead and have them ship it back for a fix? Or should I test fire it first?

I'm assuming it's a known issue for them, with hopefully a known fix...so I'd rather send it back now.
View Quote
Who did you buy it from that you already got the SN?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I just ordered the Gun Metal Maxim 9. ($853) I am planning on getting the MWS springs. Its not that I really wanted one but when you toss in a suppressor I just couldn't pass it up. I will give this to the wife for her home gun and I will get my Sig with Rugged Obsidian back. Also I will get a can I can dedicate to my CZ Scorpion SBR. The Scorpion is the least favorite of my PPC SBR's and I won't feel bad dedicating a free can to it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure, I am assuming its a known issue since my dealer test fired all of his Maxims and one had a 50% failure rate on the reset... If you can test fire it or have your dealer test fire it since your playing the waiting game anyway.

Update:
Around 800 rnds through mine 0 FTF issues with regular cleaning/lubricating and MWS red spring...  only issue so far (within first 200 rnds) was the pin that goes through the slide had to be replaced since it came out a bit while firing and bent under recoil (replaced and loctite added to ends, per SiCo CS)

Also with the optic plate they should have used minimum 3 screws, with 2 the plate has a bit of movement I have rock-sett on my plate now and its holding zero well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Bad day with the Maxim 9. Multiple light primer strikes today with the red MWS spring. Ammo used was Speer Lawman 147gr and Federal 124gr.

Guess i'll have to stick the OG striker spring and retest. FWIW, I felt that the red spring was perfect for the Maxim 9. I may contact SilencerCo and see if they might have a solution to help with the primer strikes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bad day with the Maxim 9. Multiple light primer strikes today with the red MWS spring. Ammo used was Speer Lawman 147gr and Federal 124gr.

Guess i'll have to stick the OG striker spring and retest. FWIW, I felt that the red spring was perfect for the Maxim 9. I may contact SilencerCo and see if they might have a solution to help with the primer strikes.
View Quote
Please update after you contact silencerco, I'm having light stike issues with stock setup.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Please update after you contact silencerco, I'm having light stike issues with stock setup.
View Quote

Got a call back from SilencerCo. Got a RMA #, so I'll be sending the Maxim out tomorrow for service. Told them about the trigger issue and bent pin and they said they'll look into it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top