Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/21/2018 10:46:28 AM EDT
While at the local gun shop this weekend, I had the chance to put my mitts on a SilencerCo Maxim 9 for the first time. Now, I'm thinking I must have one, even if it means selling a kidney.

I know they were just released last year and NFA wait times mean not many folks have likely taken possession yet. But, there have to be a number of folks who've had the chance to shoot them. So, what's your opinion? Is it worth the money? Would you actually carry it, or is it just a range toy?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I took possession of mine last week, had it out at the range on Saturday but I also got to shoot it at the Maxim 9 event held by Capitol Armory. So far I've run about 300 - 400 or so rounds through it with no issues. I love that it handles and feels like a normal pistol. I can't stress that enough, other than being quiet there is nothing that screams I'm holding something different than the norm. It isn't front heavy like you'd expect. It sounds good and is usable outside the range unlike my other suppressed pistol setups. I will be using it as my hunting sidearm to replace the .357 revolver I've been carrying. I haven't run it in the short configuration yet but plan to as it will really be normal pistol length at that point. I've used the Magpul mags it ships with as well as factory Glock 17 mags and the factory Glock 33 round stick mags. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Also, it is so good my other suppressed centerfire pistols are really not going to be used much anymore (Sig P226 Elite w/Osprey 9, G34 w/Osprey9, PT1911 w/Osprey45, Sig P320 Compact w/Osprey9). I'm not getting rid of them but the drawbacks of shooting a suppressed pistol are pretty much resolved with the Maxim 9. I hope (but not holding my breath) SilencerCo makes a 45ACP version as well as an identically sized 22LR version. I'm thinking about getting a second Maxim 9 to keep one long and one short.

Edited to add pictures:

Two rimfires along with the 45.

Partially disassembled.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice writeup RipGear!    I have been kicking around the idea of a suppressed pistol that is suppressed 100% of the time.    The Maxim 9 seems to address the shortcomings of a suppressor that is added to a normal pistol such as added length/weight, limited holsters, odd feeling recoil impulse and obscured normal height sights.

The Maxim 9 might be just what is needed to get myself and others into suppressed pistols.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one at my dealer.  We went to the range with it and my S&W M&P w/ a TiRant 45 for a comparison.  We only put about 100 rounds through the maxim, all in the full length configuration.  I used a mix of Tula 9mm steel Maxx 115 and some CCI 147.  My thoughts below are:

WARNING:  You are about to read the opinion of a guy with no meter...

Maxim:

• Noticeable first round pop, not "loud" just noticeable

• The difference between the Ammo wasn't really apparent to my ears

• The maxim performed as well or better than the M&P/Tirant combo

• There were no malfunctions using the supplied Magpul mags with the mentioned ammo

• I should purchase one more sometime down the road, if another 1K deal presents itself

I've got video of me shooting the two guns next to each other.  I'll send it to someone if they'd like to put it up..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got one at my dealer.  We went to the range with it and my S&W M&P w/ a TiRant 45 for a comparison.  We only put about 100 rounds through the maxim, all in the full length configuration.  I used a mix of Tula 9mm steel Maxx 115 and some CCI 147.  My thoughts below are:

WARNING:  You are about to read the opinion of a guy with no meter...

Maxim:

• Noticeable first round pop, not "loud" just noticeable

• The difference between the Ammo wasn't really apparent to my ears

• The maxim performed as well or better than the M&P/Tirant combo

• There were no malfunctions using the supplied Magpul mags with the mentioned ammo

• I should purchase one more sometime down the road, if another 1K deal presents itself

I've got video of me shooting the two guns next to each other.  I'll send it to someone if they'd like to put it up..
View Quote
The one I was looking at this weekend was priced $1,049, IIRC. I'm strongly considering putting it on layaway when I get my VA disability check next week (provided it's still there).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The one I was looking at this weekend was priced $1,049, IIRC. I'm strongly considering putting it on layaway when I get my VA disability check next week (provided it's still there).
View Quote
Great price, knowing what I know now, I'd pay that for one!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The one I was looking at this weekend was priced $1,049, IIRC.
View Quote
I haven't seen one priced that low, you need to buy it. That makes it total around $1300 with the stamp versus about $1800, alot easier to justify over a pistol and traditional suppressor combo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be willing to bet there are very few actually carrying a Maxim 9 but it would make a great 'nightstand' gun.  For myself an Omega 9k on a Glock 43 is almost as small in length, supposedly similar suppression, and great carry piece without the suppressor as long as single stack capacity isn't a deal killer.

I may still pop for a Maxim 9 but the Omega 9k was a cheaper entry cost and provides a lot of value and flexibility on other hosts.  The Maxim 9 gives longer sight radius, functional sights, doesn't beat up a red dot, and is full capacity double stack. But I have a hard time seeing myself carrying it for general purpose use.

I'm on the lookout for a good deal on it, so it's still an attractive concept to me.  It was hard to justify as an early purchase while filling in hosts and cans, and hard to justify the extra utility vs cost once conventional muzzle cans were acquired.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd be willing to bet there are very few actually carrying a Maxim 9 but it would make a great 'nightstand' gun.  For myself an Omega 9k on a Glock 43 is almost as small in length, supposedly similar suppression, and great carry piece without the suppressor as long as single stack capacity isn't a deal killer.

I may still pop for a Maxim 9 but the Omega 9k was a cheaper entry cost and provides a lot of value and flexibility on other hosts.  The Maxim 9 gives longer sight radius, functional sights, doesn't beat up a red dot, and is full capacity double stack. But I have a hard time seeing myself carrying it for general purpose use.

I'm on the lookout for a good deal on it, so it's still an attractive concept to me.  It was hard to justify as an early purchase while filling in hosts and cans, and hard to justify the extra utility vs cost once conventional muzzle cans were acquired.
View Quote
I considered the Maxim for a nightstand gun, but the weapon light mounting is awkward. Most photos have a skinny little surefire under there, but I already have several weapon lights and they would all just seem weird hanging off the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Mines still looking n jail and it’s been 8 months (trust).  I paid $1600 with stamp.  I’m looking forward to possibly shooting it this year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked mine up yesterday and its worth every penny ... everyone that shot it now wants one

Gonna be my new HD firearm until my 9mm can is approved for my MP5

Out of the box:
50 rounds of Federal HST 124gr
100 Rounds of elcheapo Blazer Brass 124gr
100 Rounds Sellier Bellot 124gr
50 Rounds of Magtech 115gr

Functioned flawlessly

Even dropped it in some dirty snow

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up yesterday and its worth every penny ... everyone that shot it now wants one

Gonna be my new HD firearm until my 9mm can is approved for my MP5

Out of the box:
50 rounds of Federal HST 124gr
100 Rounds of elcheapo Blazer Brass 124gr
100 Rounds Sellier Bellot 124gr
50 Rounds of Magtech 115gr

Functioned flawlessly

Even dropped it in some dirty snow
https://i.imgur.com/0ahTkm4.jpg
View Quote
How hot does it get?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How hot does it get?
View Quote
Gonna go out after work and shoot it a bit, I will see if I can find my laser thermometer and get that info.

ETA: couldn't find my thermometer.... another 200 rounds no failures
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Texasota Sales has them for $995.

Personally I think they are cool, but nothing mind blowing. I think the only thing I could see using one for is hiking around hunting, but they are big and trigger sucks.
I'd buy one just because they are cool if HPA passed (obviously not going to).

Like mentioned, light mounting is lame, big holster for sure, too big for CCW (realistically), trigger sucks, stuck with an NFA gun when you could just have a G17/19 and an Omega 9K?
I don't know, good in theory and they are cool but I don't know what I would do with one?
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Texasota Sales has them for $995.

Personally I think they are cool, but nothing mind blowing. I think the only thing I could see using one for is hiking around hunting, but they are big and trigger sucks.
I'd buy one just because they are cool if HPA passed (obviously not going to).

Like mentioned, light mounting is lame, big holster for sure, too big for CCW (realistically), trigger sucks, stuck with an NFA gun when you could just have a G17/19 and an Omega 9K?
I don't know, good in theory and they are cool but I don't know what I would do with one?
View Quote
I only see it listed at Texasota Sales here for $1445.88? I keep reading about great deals but never see them available or at the price reported. I'd love a deal on my second Maxim!

Many people purchase full sized handguns, though the majority of people don't have a carry license (where required), and of those that do carry, most don't carry a full size handgun. Despite that, there is a huge market for full sized handguns, every major manufacturer produces at least two different model lines. So where are all of these pistols going and what are people doing with them? I'd guess most live in a safe or bedside other than leaving the home for range time. The Maxim 9 will do alot of those tasks of course, same as a traditional suppressed pistol. The difference is in being able to holster it just as you would any non-suppressed pistol, as well as not having the other drawbacks of a traditional can. No extra long custom made holster is needed, no checking to see if the can has loosened, no function issues due to piston problems, no sight issues - just holster it and use it.

Personally, I'm going to open carry mine when hunting, in addition to range time and night stand duty. The probability that I'll need to use it while in the field or defending my home are very high and I want to protect my hearing as much as possible. I'll still carry something small and concealable while conducting my everyday life outside the home and will live with the consequences of hearing damage God forbid I ever have to use it.

Neat comparison picture of the Maxim 9 in the long setup below:
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine is in jail but coming out any day now, hopefully.  I've put 400ish rounds down the pipe, no issues for me but I let a guy shoot it the other day (it super dirty) and he had a FTE (because he was holding it like a little bitch I'm guessing).  It's fun to shoot, the trigger is a little strange and if your too high on it it doesn't want to pull, over all I'm pleased with it.

I need a way to put a folding Kak brace or something on it the more I shoot it, this feeling is only going to get worse once I put the fastfire on top.  Its big as a pistol but super short for being suppressed, so its an odd size, massive compared to a Glock 17, buy tiny compared to my Glock 17 with my .45 can.  It doesn't seem like a great "sidearm" to me but would have its uses, especially with a brace or stock on it somehow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine is still in ATF purgatory. Cash was checked Aug 7th, and I think July approvals are trickling in. I already have a RMR07 with the Type 2 plate ready to go. More importantly, Gcode came out with an RTI compatible holster, but I had to cancel it once I found out the XST holster is not RDS compatible. Thinking about the SLR Magwell with a TTI base plate for kicks and giggles.

One thing I noticed while watching the Shotshow 2018 videos, Talon Sei said the triggers were much improved over the initial batch. I sent SilencerCo an e-mail asking what work was done to the Shotshow Maxim 9, but I haven't heard back from them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine is still in ATF purgatory. Cash was checked Aug 7th, and I think July approvals are trickling in. I already have a RMR07 with the Type 2 plate ready to go. More importantly, Gcode came out with an RTI compatible holster, but I had to cancel it once I found out the XST holster is not RDS compatible. Thinking about the SLR Magwell with a TTI base plate for kicks and giggles.

One thing I noticed while watching the Shotshow 2018 videos, Talon Sei said the triggers were much improved over the initial batch. I sent SilencerCo an e-mail asking what work was done to the Shotshow Maxim 9, but I haven't heard back from them.
View Quote
Spoke to my local dealer when I picked mine up, he said he could barely tell the difference between the old vs new trigger.

If you have an early one in jail (under 500SN) be sure its been test fired so your not picking it up just to send it back right away.. my dealer tested all of his and had one that failed to reset 4/10x, fixed and now its a demo gun being converted to FA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I went a team build event that my boss arranged at our local range, one of the rentals was a Maxim 9. I wasn't the first person to shoot it, maybe the third? It was so hot it was hard to hold onto. The slide stop was so hot I thought it was going to leave a mark on my support thumb. I also thought it had a terrible trigger, heavy and gritty. Maybe the rental was dirty?

It sounded pretty good and I would love to have one, one of the only practical suppressed pistols. If you're not sneaking around taking out sentrys I think most suppressed pistols (outside of a 22) are too large to be carried. I could absolutely put a Maxim 9 on my first line belt, something I wouldn't do with a typical suppressed pistol. It just isn't good for high volume shooting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went a team build event that my boss arranged at our local range, one of the rentals was a Maxim 9. I wasn't the first person to shoot it, maybe the third? It was so hot it was hard to hold onto. The slide stop was so hot I thought it was going to leave a mark on my support thumb.
View Quote
I haven't noticed anything I typically touch on the Maxim becoming too hot, even after the 33 round stick mag dump. Trigger, grip frame, slide, and mag release have all been cool/warm while the forward suppressor portion is hot (hot like a pistol can, nothing like rifle can hot). One thing I haven't even thought to use or touch is the slide stop! I typically slingshot the slide so it never occurred to me it could get hot. I plan on doing some infrared thermometer testing next time I take it out, I'll definitely hit the slide stop with it! Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Spoke to my local dealer when I picked mine up, he said he could barely tell the difference between the old vs new trigger.

If you have an early one in jail (under 500SN) be sure its been test fired so your not picking it up just to send it back right away.. my dealer tested all of his and had one that failed to reset 4/10x, fixed and now its a demo gun being converted to FA.
View Quote
Good to know. IIRC my SN was in the 2000ish range, so it looks like I'm in the clear.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#21]

I'll be in my bunk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
i Love mine. It feels like a normal gun, has a nice long sigh radius, and sounds good

https://youtu.be/iDNbqJewSeI
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I only see it listed at Texasota Sales
Personally, I'm going to open carry mine when hunting
View Quote
Yup, open carry hunting seems like its purpose.
PM sent about sales.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I really wish HPA would pass so you could get these over the counter and quick. Oh well. It seems like it would be great for HD and hunting, but I can't see concealed carry with it. Truth be told if I have to shoot somebody in the real world I kinda want it to be loud! I'm not a super ninja or taking out spies, so I may want people to know there's gun shots in the area.

I'm thinking I may get one when the kinks are worked out and the price comes down. I am a newb to centerfire cans so I would rather have something that goes gun to gun, rather than always attached.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I just picked mine up. It will be open carried for hunting. Suppresses decently. Trigger is horrible but I have a spring kit on the way for it. Bought one of the serpas for it (I know, I know but I need retention while climbing in stands, etc.). Had to use the dremel to make it work with the rmr. It’s light enough to carry easily. Overall I’m pleased with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone mod their Maxim trigger? I was browsing and came across this spring kit.... anyone using it?

http://www.modernweaponsystems.com/modern-weapon-systems-silencerco-maxim-9-enhanced-trigger-kit/
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone mod their Maxim trigger? I was browsing and came across this spring kit.... anyone using it?

http://www.modernweaponsystems.com/modern-weapon-systems-silencerco-maxim-9-enhanced-trigger-kit/
View Quote
Just installed mine last night, reduced the pull to around 4.8 lbs (factory was close to 8.8)

Definitely a huge upgrade from what I can tell so far, will report back after I get some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Got my Form 4 earlier in the week, and I finally got a few rounds down range. I ran 200 rounds of 147 Lawman, 50 rounds of 147 Gold Dot, and 50 rounds of 147 HST. No issues with the HP ammo, but I did have one FTF with the Lawman early on. I used both the PMAGS and 19X mags, and all dropped free and locked back. It's very quiet with 147 ammo, and I'm happy with the accuracy.

I do have a few gripes. In terms of the trigger, the take up is VERY gritty, and the break is heavy as well. The trigger face & trigger guard could use some radiusing on the corners for extended range trips.

For now, it's a cool range toy, but I would like to transition this to my bump in the night pistol. I just need some suppressor height sights (to co-witness with RMR) and sort out the trigger problems.

Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Haven’t tried this kit myself but considering it. I have had several light primer strikes with mine and shoots low.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Haven't tried this kit myself but considering it. I have had several light primer strikes with mine and shoots low.
View Quote
Ah yes, mine did shoot a few inches low. (with irons) No light primer strikes on mine. My Maxim serial # is in the 2000s.

I will probably end up purchasing that spring kit this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The trigger face & trigger guard could use some radiusing on the corners for extended range trips.
View Quote
I read the trigger guard is shaped that way for future product attachment.

I bought the RMR mounting plate as soon as it was released... and what seemed like only days later they released all of the other mounting plate options. I had a RMR on mine, but the plate came loose. Those screws are tiny. I thought the RMR was too bulky and removed it to put on a PPC. I may try a Shield optic.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I read the trigger guard is shaped that way for future product attachment.
View Quote
Any idea what this would be? A light/laser?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any idea what this would be? A light/laser?
View Quote
Presumably, but other than that statement, I've never seen it mentioned again. Anyone hear or see anything else?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I got the MWS spring kit installed, but I had multiple light primer strikes with the lightest spring. Test ammo was Speer 147 lawman, Speer 147 GD, Federal 124 HST, and WWB 115. All of them would get light primer strikes 1/2 the time, and WWB wouldnt even go off.

Gonna try the red spring tomorrow or Monday and see if it works better.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I got the MWS spring kit installed, but I had multiple light primer strikes with the lightest spring. Test ammo was Speer 147 lawman, Speer 147 GD, Federal 124 HST, and WWB 115. All of them would get light primer strikes 1/2 the time, and WWB wouldnt even go off.

Gonna try the red spring tomorrow or Monday and see if it works better.
View Quote
Please report back with your findings.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Please report back with your findings.
View Quote
Got some time @ the NRA range today, and threw a 70ish rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr. for testing.

I'm glad to report that the heavier red spring did the trick for reliable ignition. I did have two light primer strikes, when I was riding the reset on double taps. If I let the trigger reset without riding the trigger, it will go bang.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I LOVE MINE. Trigger isn’t a match trigger but it’s perfectly serviceable. Makes other suppressed pistols truly obsolete.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I LOVE MINE. Trigger isn’t a match trigger but it’s perfectly serviceable. Makes other suppressed pistols truly obsolete.
View Quote
I share this sentiment. When I first held and then was able to fire one of the prototypes I knew my traditionally suppressed pistols were going to be taking a back seat to the Maxim 9. I really enjoy mine and I'm looking at purchasing another. My Sig P226 Elite / Osprey 9 has a better trigger than the Maxim 9, but the Maxim is better at being a usable pistol. I hope it does well enough for SilencerCo that they make a Maxim 45 to compete for range time with my 1911 / Osprey 45 setup. I also want a Maxim 22LR trainer, but that is a real long shot at this point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I love mine too! Thinking about the red spring kit too, partially because of the pull, but mostly because of the trigger safety preventing me from pulling the trigger unless I do it just right.

Have you all compared the short and long configurations? I was shocked to see it meter quieter at the shooter's ear in the short configuration in Mac's video. Have any of you found the same? Or the opposite? Mine's in NFA jail now and they only have an indoor range, otherwise I'd be trying it myself. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I love mine too! Thinking about the red spring kit too, partially because of the pull, but mostly because of the trigger safety preventing me from pulling the trigger unless I do it just right.

Have you all compared the short and long configurations? I was shocked to see it meter quieter at the shooter's ear in the short configuration in Mac's video. Have any of you found the same? Or the opposite? Mine's in NFA jail now and they only have an indoor range, otherwise I'd be trying it myself. Thanks!
View Quote
They both sound quiet. I wear ear pro even when suppressed so hard to tell but I’d say with 147’s the long was slightly quieter than the short configuration. For me the biggest difference long to short was I felt the first round pop was louder in short configuration. Could have just been the location and what I was shooting at though
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I would really like to shoot one side by side with a traditional centerfire pistol and suppressor. I'm not a huge suppressed centerfire pistol shooter or fan but I think the Maxim would be the best package overall.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I just finished my review on mine yesterday, the package size is hard to beat (I compared it to a G19 with a TiRant 9M) and it's not as heavy as it looks.

The trigger is meh, reset isn't horrible.  I notice a big difference from 115's to 147's, the video illustrates that as well.

Grip feels good, sights are good, its been 100% reliable so far.  At ~$1500 it's a tough pill to swallow, now that they are out there for just over a grand...I say go for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Really?  How's $999 sound?
View Quote
Oh god...

You've really got me tempted with this and the Aurora.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I haven't really noticed the "too hot" side of things.  The can gets hot on a traditionally suppressed pistol, this we all know.   It's no different--- just par for the course.

As far as the pistol itself getting hot, I haven't really noticed it being "more hot" than a normal pistol.    I've had both a 226 and a 320 too hot to touch without gloves (without a suppressor) at classes.

Logic would make sense that it could be hotter than normal pistols... however I ran a match with one (generally 50 rounds per stage) and had no issues at all.   I'm not sure who is really running a pistol harder than 50 rounds 10x in fairly quick succession unless it's competition or serious training.
View Quote
My experience with "hotness" has been the same.  Although I didn't run a match with mine
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great price, knowing what I know now, I'd pay that for one!
Wow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#49]
So finally got a chance to put some more rounds through my maxim 9 yesterday. Gun sounds great. I was using AE 155gr and 147gr subsonic. I was having a few instances of trigger failure to reset which I can attribute to break in. I also got some weird POI shift on a few rounds and checked and sure enough had at least on very tiny baffle kiss on the endcap. I got home to inspect everything and taking it down one of the rods and screws was stuck so I could remove it completely and it was really tight. First time taking it apart so I wonder if one screw was over torqued from factor , could it put enough strain on barrel to cause slight misalignment and strike? Either way emailed SICO and I am sure they will get it taken care of soon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I've been thinking about a 19x lately, but once I add suppressor sights and a threaded barrel I'm going to be close to the current Maxim prices..  Decisions, decisions.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top