Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/10/2023 1:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Was at LGS and there were several "turn-in" knives for sale, all about $20 or so.  Not being a knife Expert, I selected the knife that had by far the best-made scabbard.  I figured it was likely that the quality of the leather scabbard would be indicative of the quality of the blade.  Turns out I was right.

Knife bought was a Joker brand "K-9" knife, and AFAIK, brings about $130 retail.  Might be discontinued, IDK.

Having subsequently read a bit about Joker knives, it seems that actual and dependable knife Experts feel they are an excellent value for the MSRP prices--IOW, considerably undervalued compared to their competitors.

ETA: a vid about the Joker "Lynx" knife HERE  Y/T poster is coming from a "woodscrafting" point of view.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve never held one but I’ve read great things about them. I’ve heard they are a super value.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bhart89:
I've never held one but I've read great things about them. I've heard they are a super value.
View Quote
Based on my single example (admittedly bought for a song) I'm thinking some Joker brand knives may well be excellent values.  I have always thought that well-made linen Micarta was a very good choice for grip scales, being very sturdy and user-modifiable, if desired.  I rather like that Joker makes most of their knives with both Micarta scales and "higher-end" exotic wood scales, thus allowing the user a choice.  Steels used are, for the most part, modern "middle-of-the-road" steels.  Likewise a good value IMHO.  All above is my non-Expert opinion, and YMMV.

Disclaimer: No financial interest.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top