Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 2:10:16 PM EDT
Just realized there was an M1 specific forum. So reposting this here.

I have one of the new production inland M1 Carbine Paratroopers.

The butt plate on this has the spring, but it does not stay parallel to the stock (it just springs back to the default position) so the butt plate keeps hitting the stock and scratching it.

On other videos I've seen it seems that the butt plate is supposed to lay flat when you move it, but I don't know how to make it stay like this. I attached a photo of the default position the spring always snaps it back to. If that makes sense.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the one you are after?
Grip screw

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the one you are after?
Grip screw

View Quote

I actually figured out the screw question. I needed the short screw from the bottom. The one you linked to is the internal screw from the top.

So my main question is about the folding butt plate.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody have a paratrooper?
Thanks guys. Really hard to find any info on these anywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top