Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2018 10:21:33 AM EDT
I’m interested in trying out one of these SDS Cheetah 12 shotguns.  Reviews seems to be pretty solid, but was hoping to get some firsthand input.  Shotgun would be used for fun & possibly hog hunting as well.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, I'm pretty satisfied with mine so far for only costing $400 for the base shotgun. I have about 300 rounds of the Walmart federal 100rd boxes through it. Also a few mags of buck and about 20 slug so far.

I also removed the little flimsy sheetmetal dust cover per SDS as they said it would be more reliable without it.

I traded out the grip and stock for purple magpul grip and stock. Probably going to dump the rail but I got it for $25.

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, I'm pretty satisfied with mine so far for only costing $400 for the base shotgun. I have about 300 rounds of the Walmart federal 100rd boxes through it. Also a few mags of buck and about 20 slug so far.

I also removed the little flimsy sheetmetal dust cover per SDS as they said it would be more reliable without it.

I traded out the grip and stock for purple magpul grip and stock. Probably going to dump the rail but I got it for $25.

https://i.imgur.com/kXDtUWG.jpg
View Quote
@great308 how has reliability been?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So far the gun has been almost 100% I get an occasional jam but I think that has more to do with the ammo being cheap bulk box and magazine related. I ran about 75 with the factory 5 round magazine with only one jam. I have one 10 round mag that has some issues and 3 other Sgm 12rd mags that took some tuning but run almost perfect. I was told to use 3dram or above for birdshot, I've been using 3dram 8 shot and has been working good

Now that it's been broken in and the magazines tuned it actually has been more reliable than my mossberg 930 or at least so far. The end of the month I'm going to start shooting 3 gun with it so that will be a good test to put it through the ringer. I don't foresee any problems but you never know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The lynx is much more like the saiga I understand.

I saw a short barrel “other” being made on virgin receivers with a brace too, are those out yet?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
How well do these handle being cut down to 12" or so?

I'd like a cheap semi-auto SBS.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
The Lynx has the charging handle on the RH side where as the Cheetah is on the left. I consider that more desirable in an SBS. IIRC when Tromix was doing conversions, the the LH handle was an option. I've got a Cheetah coming in for evaluation.

I wonder if the Trench 12 has had any mods to the gas system, port enlarged etc.  
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
they so cheap you guys almost talking me into it, then i remember its just chinese junk with gross fit and finish and i put my debit card back in its holster....

only russian for me when it comes to kalashnikov shotguns (or maybe turkish if they ever come over, or american)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top