Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2019 3:48:54 PM EDT
I have a Gen 2 Benjamin Marauder that has developed a slow leak.  It is out of warranty now and I have already tried degassing it, took out the air gauge and fill adapter , lubed the o-rings and replaced.  I have not taken the gun all apart to get to the internal o-rings as it seems like a lot of parts.

Has anyone broken down their Gen 2 Marauder before?  If so, do you have any tips or tricks in replacing the internal o-rings?   I saw some older videos on youtube, but they are on Gen 1s and some baffles are in the air tube now that make following those procedures a little different.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've worked on lots of them, and in fact I'm about to reseal a Gen 2 and install a regulator.  Soapy water is your friend.   Pull the breach and barrel assemblies off and charge the cylinder and slather some at each oring location.  If you are nervous about taking off the barrel first, just pull the stock and check around the gauge first.   The most likely cause of leaks are around the gauge ( I know you already lubed this but the o ring could still be bad) or damaged o rings on the valve.   I've seen torn o rings on the valves a couple of times now when folks pull it out and replace it without either sticking a finger up into the gauge hole or using the tool that is/was sold by Archer.   That edge is very sharp and will shave some material off the o rings as they pass over the hole unless you create a surface the rings can glide over to lift over the edge.  That one thing seems to cause a lot of leaks.   The other area you need to get that soap on is around the fill adapter, that area is known to leak.   I should also note that I've seen fill adapters fail and leak, I keep a spare in my parts box.   Lots of videos on YouTube on tearing down Marauders, including Gen 2's.   Let me know if you can't find one, I think I have a good one I may be able to pass along to you.   Reach out if you need help with this.   The main thing is, don't be afraid to tear it down, just make damn sure you degas before you start screwing around with the valve screws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top