Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2018 4:33:01 PM EDT
I found this 113 prefix (1974) 10-22 today. $125.00.

It had a Weaver V7 2.5 X 7 x 32 in low rings on it. It was mounted forward so the objective would clear the folded rear sight and that did not suit me. I just removed the Lyman rear sight and put a filler in it's place and then mounted the scope properly. You can't properly see the rear sight with the base mounted on it anyway.

The guy knew what he was doing getting the scope down as far on the receiver as possible even if the scope was mounted too far forward to suit me.

It has a walnut stock with all metal ionized hardware, ionized receiver, pre-warning barrel.

It looks like all that was done to it was the added sling swivels and the tip-off base replaced with a Weaver base.

When I took it down for cleaning I found it very clean for a 10-22. Even the barrel was properly tightened.

It has a manageable 4.5# trigger but I did do the bolt release mod. Too easy not to.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet rifle at a nice price!
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Your the most talented guy I’ve ever seen for buying classic used guns!   I’ve looked for years for a 10/22 like that for sale, I guess I just live in the wrong area.   lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your the most talented guy I’ve ever seen for buying classic used guns!   I’ve looked for years for a 10/22 like that for sale, I guess I just live in the wrong area.   lol
View Quote
Two in two weeks is odd. I usually only come across a older one every other year or so and most of those have been tinkered with as far as it's stock goes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Great score!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Where the f in VA do you find these?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where the f in VA do you find these?
View Quote
Here and there.

I found another today, looks like a late 80s vintage one, at least it has a metal trigger group. It's in right rough shape (barrel rusty) but the shop that it's in has been holding it for a guy that has not paid so they said they were going to call him and if he does not pay it off this week they said I could have it for $50.00......All I want is the TG and receiver off of it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one of those, nice stock no warning on the barrel. The only problem is it’s missing the barrel band.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here and there.

I found another today, looks like a late 80s vintage one, at least it has a metal trigger group. It's in right rough shape (barrel rusty) but the shop that it's in has been holding it for a guy that has not paid so they said they were going to call him and if he does not pay it off this week they said I could have it for $50.00......All I want is the TG and receiver off of it anyway.
View Quote
Didn't the older 10/22's have steel receivers?  If so, when did they make the change?  I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

LC
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Didn't the older 10/22's have steel receivers?  If so, when did they make the change?  I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

LC
View Quote
The only 10-22 with a steel receiver was the short-lived 10-22 Magnum.

Attachment Attached File

The first 10-22s (I think some time into the early 80s) had black ionized alum receivers, trigger groups, and stock hardware. As time went on they went to painted receivers and plastic TGs and stock hardware.

The first to go was the ionized butt-plate on the standard walnut stocks and it went downhill from there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one made in 1967. Beautiful figured walnut stock, just like you used to see in the old Ruger ads. I picked it up used in Black Forest, CO in 1992 I believe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have one of those, nice stock no warning on the barrel. The only problem is it’s missing the barrel band.
View Quote
Yeah, I need one also. It was $50 though so I bought it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]
fooled a bit with a 10/22 for the STC over a 5 year span... if you run into first shot flyers, try limiting the vertical play of the firing pin

nice addition
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top