Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2020 12:07:09 AM EDT
So mailed my forms and fingerprints to the ATF, Card was charged yesterday which got me to thinking. On a paper Form 4 can you call and check on the status or do you just wait for it to show up in the mail one day? BTW this was a form 4 transfer in the same state so no dealer involved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can call BATF as often as you'd like. Just be prepared to not hear the answer you want for 6-12 months

What I did was call once shortly after all the SilencerShop work was done to confirm they had what they needed (aka pending). Then I left it alone for a few months until I got impatient and started calling every month or so until it was approved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So mailed my forms and fingerprints to the ATF, Card was charged yesterday which got me to thinking. On a paper Form 4 can you call and check on the status or do you just wait for it to show up in the mail one day? BTW this was a form 4 transfer in the same state so no dealer involved.
View Quote

https://www.silencershop.com/nfa-transfer-status

Look here for NFA Branch number
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
NFA Branch number: 304-616-4500
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I always call about a month after my check clears just to make sure my form is "In process", then I try to forget about it.

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but if there were to be some problem, I'd like to know early rather than 8-9 months later.

ETA: This is because on my first Form 4 I did wait about 8 months to call only to be told they had nothing on file. After a near panic stricken call to my dealer, it was determined that they had transposed a character on the serial number, thus the reason there wasn't a match in the database. He got it straightened out, my can actually was in process, and my stamp actually came in just a few days later. But still.
Top Top