Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2019 3:05:00 PM EDT
Thought I'd give you all the shoutout; I just noticed a couple of days ago that another Diana k98 is out.

Because I love k98s so much, I have the previous model (still in production and more expensive).
But this PCP is out; it actually sports a bolt and it is a repeater, too (with magazine) or single shot.

I want.

ETA: just noticed that PCP compressors are so expensive. Suggestions? I'd by buying a USD400 airgun in PCP (only one I would own) to then have to purchase a PCP compressor of AT LEAST double in price.

Diana k98k bolt

Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The air cylinder on that particular air rifle is small enough that using a hand pump is quite doable.  I strongly suggest the Hill hand pump which is now branded by Air Venturi.

The other way to go is a SCUBA tank or SCBA tank.  The Aluminum SCUBA tanks are a lot heavier and only hold 3000 psi, so getting complete fills with these does not happen.  But, partial fills are generally good enough for quite a few shots. Also, they can be filled at any dive shop and cost less than SCBA tanks. Some dive shops will give lifetime fills if you purchase the tank from them.  This is the route I went to fill my PCPs, for the most part.  I do have a Hill pump as well as a Benjamin pump.  The Benjamin is due for its fourth rebuild, hence the purchase of the Hill.

Now the SCBA tanks typically hold 4500 psi, and give you several full fills, then you can go down further with partial fills like the SCUBA tanks. These are carbon fiber wrapped aluminum bladder tanks and are much lighter since they do not have to be about the same density of water when filled. But, there are drawbacks.  first,  you need to have a local shop that can fill to 4500 psi. Second, they typically are about 2.5 times the price of a similar size SCUBA tank. Third, they only have a 15 year lifespan, unless you get a certified extension.

All tanks need an annual visual inspection, and a hydro test every fifth year.  The only other added initial expense is the fill device, the best of which are sold by Joe Brancato at Air Tanks for Sale. The other on-line dealer devices are quite serviceable, too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave: thank you so much for all this knowledge!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top