Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2023 3:24:39 PM EDT
Was wondering if I register a glock under the amnesty sbr rule, which means I don't have to engrave it, later when I move it to my trust I assume this would be a form 4 and no need to engrave it.

Just trying to avoid engraving the glock if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert but I don't think there is any problem with adding an approved NFA item into a gun trust after approval.  After the pistol brace rule dropped, I had my attorney write an amendment to my trust adding all my AR rifles and AR pistols.  All I did was sign it and have it notarized. I guess there isn't much different filling out some additional ATF forms at the time of application vs filling out another ATF form after the approval.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnClarkUSN] [#2]
Originally Posted By Nosler180:
Was wondering if I register a glock under the amnesty sbr rule, which means I don't have to engrave it, later when I move it to my trust I assume this would be a form 4 and no need to engrave it.

Just trying to avoid engraving the glock if I don't have to.
View Quote

You'd have to pay $200 since the trust is a separate legal entity and you would be transferring ownership.
I believe you would not have to engrave it since this ruling is adopting the manufacturers markings as the makers markings.

It would be a form 4 transfer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnClarkUSN:

You'd have to pay $200 since the trust is a separate legal entity and you would be transferring ownership.
I believe you would not have to engrave it since this ruling is adopting the manufacturers markings as the makers markings.

It would be a form 4 transfer.
View Quote

That's how I see it, instead of just doing a trust right away (pistol was not in trust before this brace crap) I can do a no engrave amnesty registration and then do a $200 eform 4 to put in the trust with no engraving necessary. This way others in the trust can use it and if I sell it down the road it doesn't have all the bullshit engraving on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top