Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/27/2023 1:06:24 PM EDT
I picked up a lot of various 50BMG rounds and so far have been able to ID everything except one set of rounds.  It is in an plastic ammo can and I have 32 of them. The are LC 02 head stamps with bullets that are brass with a silver tip (not painted).

Anyone have an idea on what these are?

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The one potential match I have been able to find is Hornady A-MAX 750gr.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Reloaded/Handloaded Hornady 750gr. A-Max Projectiles.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The lot I bought included a good amount of HSM in the original boxes, but all those cases are WCC.  A-max bullets are all over and tons of small shops load LC brass.  Hoping to find some info with the date stamp but google/bing havent returned much.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Lake City 2002 vintage.

If I remember right, Lake City at one point in time "might've" made some AMAX rounds. I would have to contact Keith Pagel and ask him to be 100%.

Wish he still popped in here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Talked to Keith, here's the info he passed along.

I'm not aware that LC ever did AMAX loads.  Hornady used WCC and LC brass in producing some of their ammo.  I've seen HSM packaged ammo with LC headstamps.  All these incidents were new primed brass loadings, not once fired brass or new unprimed brass.  So easily confused as LC production if you didn't know/see the original packaging.  Thunder ammo has also used new brass in some of their products, don't know if it was LC or WCC.  The most recent HSM ammo for sale, in their packaging, that I've seen was LC 04.

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mk-211:
Talked to Keith, here's the info he passed along.

I'm not aware that LC ever did AMAX loads.  Hornady used WCC and LC brass in producing some of their ammo.  I've seen HSM packaged ammo with LC headstamps.  All these incidents were new primed brass loadings, not once fired brass or new unprimed brass.  So easily confused as LC production if you didn't know/see the original packaging.  Thunder ammo has also used new brass in some of their products, don't know if it was LC or WCC.  The most recent HSM ammo for sale, in their packaging, that I've seen was LC 04.

View Quote

Thanks for the info, its helpful.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top