Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 11:51:22 AM EDT
I filed paper form 1 for suppressor build in February 2021.  I see that there hasn't been much activity in the form 1 tracker for several months.

Is this still way slow? My first can took like 14 months back in 2017 ish.

God I hope it's not this bad still...

Thinking it was a major mistake not to do eform, the SOT who helped me did all the paperwork and everything, prints pics.  Guys I know we're bragging about how fast their stuff comes back now days, but now I think they're pulling my leg.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've seen, paper forms regardless of whether they are a form 4 or form 1 come back in about the same amount of time. The most recent Form 4 times are about 4-6 months, so i would expect about the same amount of time for your paper form 1. Eform form 1s are still averaging about 25-30 days. All my form 1s have been eforms since they opened them back up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.  I completely regret not doing the electronic form.  I'm guessing one can do all of this by one's self and it's probably stupid easy too right? (Eform)
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up.  I completely regret not doing the electronic form.  I'm guessing one can do all of this by one's self and it's probably stupid easy too right? (Eform)
View Quote

Yeah, it isn't that bad as long as you can follow instructions. You can also do your own fingerprints, so that cuts down on some of the cost.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It is stupid easy, but the website is finicky and can be a pain in the ass at times.

Also you won't be alone, there will likely always be those who submit by paper for various reasons.

The "big" backlog though is data entry, and the efile process eliminates that portion of time for the most part and jumps ahead of the paper files that need it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I did the paper form 1 just cause I like the actual stamp. Just my thing. I am going to e-file some things as soon as i move in state. Just to see how quickly they work. March 3rd of 2020 I submitted three form 1’s , got approved forms in my mail box on june 6 2020. Quite a surprise. Paper form 1’s .
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the actual stamp also.

All 14 of my SBRs (both Form 1 and Form 4) have been paper.

Some came back quickly, others took time. Once I forgot to sign my fingerprint cards. They sent them back, I returned them, and got my stamps in under 60 days.

I figure it is hit or miss either way.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked having the actual stamps too, as well as a real picture, but earlier this year I wanted to file 5 different form1s.

I didn't want to drop $1000 at one time though so I figured I'd submit one every four weeks (every other pay check).

I also decided to efile this time. So far (I stopped temp after #3) they have come back approved either just before or just after submitting the next.

Paper has never been that fast on it's best time so I'm likely not going back now, I'll just have to enjoy the form4s now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top