Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 3:01:25 PM EDT
Some background here - I was shooting the breeze with a family friend and we got to talking about FALs and he mentioned he was looking for a real dealBelgium FN FAL and I just mentioned that I had one.

I wasn’t looking to sell but he through out an offer to buy my FN 50.63 FAL. I consider it one of the better pieces in my collection and could likely never afford to replace it.

The offer was $8k … am I insane for not jumping on this?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be about what it could currently pull, on Gunbroker.
What's it worth to you?
That's really all that matters.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rollpin] [#2]
Unless there is some reason TO sell that makes its loss worth it to you, I see no reason to upset your collection and instigate seller's remorse. He can look on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I don’t think it’s going anywhere I just wanted to make I wasn’t insane
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#4]
If I hadn't shot it in years, and if I had something higher on my wish list, I would sell.

My do not sell ever guns are my M1A, M1 Garand, and Marlin Texan.

Take the guy out shooting and see if he ups the price.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
If I hadn't shot it in years, and if I had something higher on my wish list, I would sell.

My do not sell ever guns are my M1A, M1 Garand, and Marlin Texan.

Take the guy out shooting and see if he ups the price.
View Quote

I haven’t shot a lot of my shit in years, in fact some of it I’ve never shot but I don’t think this one is going anywhere
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I dislike selling my guns in general.
But I dislike selling guns to my friends even more.. that’s a good way to loose money

As for your FAL.. it all depends on you… if you’re sort of collector keep it.
If you just like the platform take the 8k and find another one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
For that amount, I'd sell it, save some of the cash, and use the rest for ammo. However, I'm not a collector and I don't care for safe queens.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Will you miss it? Is there something else you want now that it would fund?

I mean if you never shoot it and don’t care too much and want the money for something else I’d say sure.

If you will miss it I’d say keep it. With how fast inflation is going and the fact there will never be more of them made / imported if you try to find another in a few years $8k might end up a bargain price you can’t recreate while shopping for a replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top