Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2018 12:27:30 PM EDT
After waiting over a month for an order and several emails with no response, I'm guessing Downrangegear is no longer operational.  What other options are out there for an armor interface? Looking to mount my chest rig to my carrier with a similarly convenient system to the DRG setup. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m glad I looked at this thread, I was just about to order from them. I have a Haley chest rig and need to hook it to my JPC.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Haley’s WWW has a video discussing attaching their chest rig to a PC. He mentioned 2 different companies make make what you are looking for.

Good Lick
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I mean DRG had the best commercial kit, but this is pretty simple stuff.  I think you can find all the components and build a good kit yourself, with a minimal amount of tools and skill.  Looking at what other guys have done, you can get a little webbing and hardware and have a go at it yourself.  Rocky Woods Fabrics is my go-to vendor for small projects.  Get some "heavy duty" nylon thread from practically any sewing store, a "no. 18" needle, and momma's sewing machine, and you're in business.

That's another alternative.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
@TheRukkus Have you found an alternative to the drg kit? Everyplace I look doesn’t have anything in stock.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a couple pieces of hardware from milspec monkey that does the job but I couldn't make the horizontal pals anchors DRG makes. I've talked to a guy that saw this thread and sent me a message, seeing what he comes up with. I'll post an update when he gets back to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That’s exactly what I want, they’re out of multicam at the moment though.
Why did you have to add the ITW clips if the mayflower set comes with them?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Mil Spec Monkey Store has the Duraflex style Repair Buckles $1each, that have a locking bar gate instead of the bar being slit, that you can hang on your JPC2.0 vertical loops:
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/811-duraflex-snap-on-female-buckle-1inch.html

He is out of the Male version buckle right now, but if you must have, you can pay more to get them direct from Duraflex $4each:
https://duraflexusa.myshopify.com/products/1-snap-on-male

Depending on what you are hanging on the PC and the PC, the repair buckles might work for the bottom corners, depending on your cummerbund style.   Still adds two more buckles you have to pop in order to dump your rig during water ops incident or worse.  You can attach the Duraflex repair buckle to the PALS webbing loops while still allowing room for a Malice clip, Natick Strap, etc.

You can attach the ITW Quick Attach Surface Mount female buckle to your cbund but you may or may not still have room for a Malice Clip, Natick Strap, etc or may not be able to readily reach the buckle to pop in order to dump rig quickly during water ops incident, Stryker rollover, etc.

ITW makes two styles of metal G-Hooks but they sometimes will slip off during movement unless you wrap it with Velcro OneWrap.
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/138-itw-g-hook-wave.html

I think in Rukkus' case, he might be able to use a Grenade Ring to attach the chest placard lower corner web loop directly to the front 3 Tier Cobra Buckle's lowest web loop, to prevent it from flopping around, and it won't interfere with popping that Cobra Buckle to dump his rig:  http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/143-grenade-rings.html

And as a plus you can hang a carabiner from the Grenade Ring, for holding your gloves, etc.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Optactical has swift clip kits back in stock.

https://www.optactical.com/maswclkit.html

@D-RAS03 I’ll finally be able to finish my setup. I have a class next month, so I’d like to ring this out before then.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Optactical has swift clip kits back in stock.

https://www.optactical.com/maswclkit.html

@D-RAS03 I’ll finally be able to finish my setup. I have a class next month, so I’d like to ring this out before then.
View Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing it all setup.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]
@D-RAS03
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the update. I really like that. Looks great. I'm definitely going to be getting one.  Are you going to be using AR mags with it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
For the most part.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For the most part.
View Quote
How hard was it to put it all together? Does it just come off to swap another one on there with just the six clips?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How hard was it to put it all together? Does it just come off to swap another one on there with just the six clips?
View Quote
Not hard whatsoever. The only thing is the top clips don’t lay down like the DRG clips do, so they’ll only lay flat if they’re hooked to the rig. Which isn’t a problem because I won’t wear the PC without the rig attached.
Look in the gear thread to see a photo with mags installed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top