Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2021 2:59:01 PM EDT
I've officially been waiting more than a year now.  But it's almost here.

Albion Crecy (Brown Grip)
Christian Fletcher base scabbard, fleur de lis embossing at the scabbard throat, and Knight chape
just waiting for the Steward belt

Finally finished.

Edit:  Update
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Albion are tops.

I don't own any, alas.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm on month three or so in.. thinking around November for mine.

Beautiful setup you have there.

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy Shit! That’s bad ass!
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice...I’ve got a Albion Knight and a strong urge for a Huskarl
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice...I’ve got a Albion Knight and a strong urge for a Huskarl
View Quote

The knight is awesome.  I really want a sovereign at this point... man they do nice work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Crecy, the Knight, and the Reeve as well as an Albion made "bare blade" with grip furniture made by Baltimore Knife and Sword. Albion makes great stuff. Now, I need a scabbard for the Reeve.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the Crecy, the Knight, and the Reeve as well as an Albion made "bare blade" with grip furniture made by Baltimore Knife and Sword. Albion makes great stuff. Now, I need a scabbard for the Reeve.
View Quote

Fletcher's attention to detail is amazing.  I'll try to get a few pics up this week.  The scabbard is fitted like you wouldn't believe.  It perfectly seals the fuller.  

How's that knight?  I really want something 1 hand.. but that soverign is still calling myh name.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fletcher's attention to detail is amazing.  I'll try to get a few pics up this week.  The scabbard is fitted like you wouldn't believe.  It perfectly seals the fuller.  

How's that knight?  I really want something 1 hand.. but that soverign is still calling myh name.
View Quote

The Knight is great. Feels good in hand, an extension of the arm without trying to sound cliché. It's a great cutter and pretty decent on the thrust for a sword that isn't really designed for the thrust. Both the Type XII and XIV are good for I:33 work, but the Knight is a more forgiving weapon for edge alignment than the Sovereign. A review for the Knight is here: Knight.

I haven't held a Sovereign, but the Sheriff and Yeoman are cheaper Type XIV blades and are $330 - 370 cheaper with all the quality of the more expensive sword. So, if I were in the market for a XIV, I would probably go for the Sheriff. Reviews for the Sovereign, Sheriff, and Yeoman are here: Sovereign, Sheriff, and Yeoman.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Knight is great. Feels good in hand, an extension of the arm without trying to sound cliché. It's a great cutter and pretty decent on the thrust for a sword that isn't really designed for the thrust. Both the Type XII and XIV are good for I:33 work, but the Knight is a more forgiving weapon for edge alignment than the Sovereign. A review for the Knight is here: Knight.

I haven't held a Sovereign, but the Sheriff and Yeoman are cheaper Type XIV blades and are $330 - 370 cheaper with all the quality of the more expensive sword. So, if I were in the market for a XIV, I would probably go for the Sheriff. Reviews for the Sovereign, Sheriff, and Yeoman are here: Sovereign, Sheriff, and Yeoman.
View Quote

That's a helpful review, and some really good info.  Thanks phoenix!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top