Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2023 1:57:56 PM EDT
Anybody know a good Airsoft 1911 for a kid?

My WWII history buff 9 year old is dead set on one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget?

You can get rack and shoot versions, single shots, pretty inexpensively and they can be weighted well.
Step up to gas blow back for a some more $$

I have a G19/23 rack-n-shoot that works well(ish). Have to rack the slide to fire every shot but the mag holds about 20/30 rounds.

Top of forum states no air soft but...
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want something cheap, a spring piston model is good. The classic rack the slide for each shot springer. Tokyo Marui's 1911 is probably one of the better ones but you're probably not gonna find on for sale in the US so you'd have to pay shipping from Asia.

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/tokyo-marui-m1911a1-government-spring-pistol-hg-hop-up

If you want to step up to a gas blowback KJW makes a few solid affordable options. Plain GI or more modern.

https://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=21_839_836&sort=3a&filter_id=46

And they copy the standard Tokyo Marui design so parts and mags are easy to find if you need em.

Just watch with gas blowbacks, alot of companies cloning or rebranding eachother. And ones like Umarex who rebrand the same model from multiple manufacturers. Easy to get a crappy copy of a good gun (or a great copy of a good gun) or get mixed up and buy one from some oddball manufacturer like KWC that uses all their own proprietary design that you can't find parts for when it breaks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Elite Force CO2 blowback 1911A1; Amazon and Evike.
Under $100 but well done.
You'll probably want a spare mag or two, but they're currently about $45 for 14 shots.  
I got it for my son, to compliment his M4.
Yeah; that's the ticket...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top