Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2022 4:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: far_right]
I have a Sendra RR that is giving me some upper fitment issues.

I have specifically bought two uppers that wont work: PWS (awesome upper and CS though) and an Aero M4E1. These were purchased with the RR in mind.

Ive got others that fit ok to tight but fine: Coltx2, BCM, CMMG, Sabre Defense, Stag.

There was a thread about undersized pins, and i couldnt find the thread, but i found some that were 0.1" under. That doesnt seem like it would help much. The lower looks to be re-worked (anodized) in the past but im not positive about it. Somewhat frustrating when most work and then i buy two uppers just for this gun and neither work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My lower was reworked by us anodizing before I bought it. You might send it to them to get it brought in spec.

Where is it having clearance issues? Do the two uppers that don't fit work on all your semi auto lowers?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
My lower was reworked by us anodizing before I bought it. You might send it to them to get it brought in spec.

Where is it having clearance issues? Do the two uppers that don't fit work on all your semi auto lowers?
View Quote

Ive considered US Anodizing. I just hate to mail a 25k gun. It scares me.

All clearance issues seem to be at the rear lug. The Aero is VERY tight and the PWS just wont latch. I thought I had a picture, but couldnt find it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it not able to pivot low enough or is it a front to rear offset?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By far_right:

All clearance issues seem to be at the rear lug. The Aero is VERY tight and the PWS just wont latch. I thought I had a picture, but couldnt find it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By far_right:

Just insure it. You invested 25k, midas well drop a few bucks more for an as in spec as possible gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it not able to pivot low enough or is it a front to rear offset?
View Quote

Wont pivot low enough
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I would send it to US Anodizing so they can check the top deck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:29:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cajun22] [#7]
It's probable the radius in front of the stock extension. That's where Victor had to take some off to get the uppers to fit. OLY/Frankford Arsenal lower. All uppers fit now.

You can see in this pic where he shaved it down to fit.
" />
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cajun22:
It's probable the radius in front of the stock extension.
View Quote

Prussian Blue to see where the contact is, considering the value of the lower?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd use Dykem blue first to see contact/rub points are at.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ryo:

I'd use Dykem blue first to see contact/rub points are at.
View Quote

Good idea. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#11]
I’ve got a Sendra. I had several uppers that didn’t fit well at first. I used a rubber mallet to get them in. I was pretty easy with it though. After having done that for a year or so, all my uppers started fitting. If it’s real tight, I wouldn’t recommend that though because you could definitely damage the lower. I didn’t have any pin alignment issues though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Second usanodizing. They did a great job on my Olympic RR. Needed a damn rubber mallet to close uppers on it not everything fits on it perfectly. The anodizing is also top notch, looks brand new!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top